PDA

View Full Version : Not beads - but just as fun

glassyeyed
09-03-2004, 07:15 PM
I spent four days last week (end) in a fusing class with Patty Gray. We did lots and lots of projects, but the primary focus was creating a glass sink. It was an awesome experience, and I can't wait to get it installed in our powder room!
Below are pictures of how mine turned out (I hope). The sink is about 3/4" thick. The thickness is built up mostly with cullet, and frits with some stringer and other stuff thrown in. Mine even has some fine silver wire for interest.....

Moonlight Creations
09-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Joanne ~
What a beautiful sink! I'm very jealous! From what I've heard, Patty teaches a great class - you're very fortunate to have attended one! Please post pictures when you have it all set up!
~ Sonje :wave:

quill
09-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Wow! Just wow! Great sink!

quill
09-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Just had to add...when I saw the title of this thread I thought, hmmm, 'Not beads - but just as fun'...not likely!

But you are right, this is very fun. Thanks for posting.

MegannsMom
09-03-2004, 08:23 PM
:clap: :D ........ :envy: :envy: :envy: !!!!!!! I want a glass sink! Heck, I want a powder room WORTHY of a glass sink!! That is STUNNING!!
~Cindy

rubytwoshoes
09-03-2004, 08:30 PM
WOW! That does look like fun. Turned out great Joanne! Can't wait to see it and some of your other projects.

Juls
09-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Joann,

That is beautiful!! You did a wonderful job on it and I'd love to see some pics of it installed!! :clap:

~Juls

rosebead
09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
I hope your bathroom is worthy of such a beautiful piece of art!

GinaJ
09-03-2004, 10:10 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :clap:

manda j
09-03-2004, 10:55 PM
WHAT a beautiful work of art!!! I am very impressed that you did that in a class.

Booger
09-03-2004, 11:34 PM
How wonderful and what a unique idea! Geez, that's so beautiful if a kid even THOUGHT about spitting toothpaste in it?

They'd be grounded for at least 6 years.....

Sheryll aka Booger

llglassdesigns
09-04-2004, 12:21 AM
WOW! Great job, that is wonderful.
Deb

glassyeyed
09-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Aw, shucks! :o Thanks for all the nice comments. Sheryll, I'm right there with you about the toothpast....LOL
I'm happy to post pictures of it when it's installed, but we're going to remodel the bathroom, as it is not yet glass sink worthy.
Patty is doing another class in October, I believe, in Monroe, WA. If you have an opportunity, it's well worth it!
Thanks again, everyone!

David E Ricketts
09-04-2004, 05:10 AM
I spent four days last week (end) in a fusing class with Patty Gray. We did lots and lots of projects, but the primary focus was creating a glass sink. It was an awesome experience, and I can't wait to get it installed in our powder room!
Below are pictures of how mine turned out (I hope). The sink is about 3/4" thick. The thickness is built up mostly with cullet, and frits with some stringer and other stuff thrown in. Mine even has some fine silver wire for interest.....

Cool, I didn't relize it was a sink at first. my sister just put in a glass sink and loves it. How great to make your own.....

toozygoot
09-04-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm not going to be too original here but WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous! And just think! You get to look at it everyday! I am so jade green with envy!

pat

glasshouse2002
09-04-2004, 09:53 PM
:) I will be repeating all of the above but that is beautiful. Lately I've become of the opinion that if it has to do with glass it's more than likely captivating and fun

MaureenKennedy
09-04-2004, 10:26 PM
That is really gorgeous! Another thought for your bathroom is something that was in the paper today - and that is glass tiles, that will bright out more of the colors in the sink into the surrounding area. I would assume you can use some of the same glass that was in the sink.

glassyeyed
09-04-2004, 11:47 PM
That is really gorgeous! Another thought for your bathroom is something that was in the paper today - and that is glass tiles, that will bright out more of the colors in the sink into the surrounding area. I would assume you can use some of the same glass that was in the sink.

Funny you should mention that, Maureen. That's exactly what I was planning on doing! I think it's a great idea. I just have to sell hubby on it..... :rolleyes:

StefaniBeads
09-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Wow! That is so beautiful! :)

TheBlueBetween
09-18-2004, 10:55 AM
That is FABULOUS!!!! My husband is looking for class on this - do you have contact information for your instructor?

Kimberly Affleck
09-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Beautiful!!!!!!! I am interested in contact information for your instructor, too!
Kimberly

tulips
09-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Wow again! I'm not jade green with envy...I'm light grass green, dark grass green, sage green, emerald green, well, you get the idea! LOL I'd LOVE to take a class like that!

glassyeyed
09-18-2004, 12:36 PM
Patty Gray taught the class. She can be contacted via her webpage at www.pattygray.com
Her website says there is still room in the class that she's teaching in October

TheBlueBetween
09-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Patty Gray taught the class. She can be contacted via her webpage at www.pattygray.com
Her website says there is still room in the class that she's teaching in October

Thanks!!!! :D

tulips
09-18-2004, 02:17 PM
I wish I could go! I'm in SC, not WA.... :(

AlaskaBarb
09-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Good job! Some sinks can be quite technically challenging, especially the annealing phase.

Great to see something other than beads here. Not that there's anything wrong with those -- but this glass forum was meant to encompass all levels of glass art.

Hope you're going to work on a guest bathroom so you'll have to post another soon!

Barb

Eddo
09-19-2004, 07:19 PM

Now that is cool, Please tell me from start to finish The firing cycle, annealing times and so on, including how you cut the hole for the pluming. Is the hole beveled ? as you can see I am very interested. Looks like you are having a great time. Regards, Eddo