PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Jackie!

CBruce
09-03-2004, 10:08 AM
I just finished the October issue of "The Pastel Journal" and a great article on Jackie Simmonds by Deborah Secor. I have always enjoyed her insights and work so it was especially nice to hear more about her in this issue. Like you I don't like to stick to just one subject and I'm encouraged to see you move so well between figurative, still life, and landscapes. You are an inspiration and I wanted to congratulate you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

jackiesimmonds
09-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately, there isnt an icon for "blushing" ....so I will just say a gracious thank you, glad you enjoyed the article!

Jackie

Deborah Secor
09-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed this article and thanks for saying so. Jackie is an inspiration to a lot of people--I love her adventurous spirit and I'm glad it came out. :D

Writing is a lot like painting--you don't hear anything but the criticisms usually (not to mention those pesky editors--a necessay part but a bit hard to take at times. It's a little like having somebody paint on your piece!)

Deborah

prestonsega
09-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Yes..congrats to both of you!!! I have been showing the article off to anyone that will look saying, "these are my artist friends, we belong to the same online artist community!!!!" (I am a bit star struck!) :clap:

Dyin
09-03-2004, 06:26 PM
congrats...don't get PJ so haven't seen the article but know it's well written about a great subject :D Jackie, hope now that you're back you'll continue with those unusual perspective studies, I was enjoying those and learning with you!

chatfieldstudios
09-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Just finished the article on Jackie in the Pastel Journal. Great article Deborah! It's wonderful to have you both here in the Pastels forum...it's like a workshop every day. Thanks for all the wisdom and pastel experience you share.

Jackie, I love the painting Lemons and Blue (I think that's its title). I love the perspective change that you made and the colors are luscious.

jackiesimmonds
09-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Deborah, you are SUCH a good journalist as well as a wonderful painter (I saw Deborah's work in real life, in a gallery in Santa Fe and it looked just wonderful.). Being "inerviewed" by Deborah long-distance was awesome - she knew just what questions to ask, and how to fill in the gaps in my answers with more pertinent questions.

It is such a skill, to be able to do something of this nature by email and phone, without having met the artist in question........and then express yourself so well.

J

Mikki Petersen
09-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Aacck! My copy is sitting in the Post Office back home! May have to go out and buy one off the newstand! congrats to you both!

Bobbie
09-05-2004, 09:03 PM
:clap: :clap:
My thanks to Deborah for the article on Jackie. It was such a great & wonderful surprise.
Best,
Bobbie
www.bobbieshatsoff.com

meowmeow
09-06-2004, 04:19 PM
I don't have my copy yet..it is waiting at home for me. But I know with Deborah writing it and Jackie being the subject it will be terrific. NOw I can't wait to get my hands on my copy!!!!

Sandy

Kitty Wallis
09-06-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm still waiting for my issue. :envy:

Lisa Olivarez
09-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Shoot! and to think I was out on my own tonight and didn't get one! :cat: Gotta subscribe to that mag...

Khadres
09-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Great issue and the article on Jackie is superb! I went around waving the magazine in family faces and yellin' "I KNOW HER, YOU KNOW! AND I KNOW THE LADY WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE TOOOOOOOOOOO!"

They looked suitably impressed for once! :D

Congrats, Jackie...it's about time! And of course, I head straight to Deborah's articles first thing I get my hands on the new issue anyway! Thanks, Deb!

nancymae
09-09-2004, 12:21 PM
I loved the article Jackie!! You are a wonderful artist...I have learned sooo much from you here, as well as your books/videos! Thank you for being here! We are very lucky to have both you and Deborah!! Also, Deborah...thank you for all the wonderful writing you do at PJ...it is by far my favorite magazine. If it weren't for both you and Jackie, Wet Canvas would not be the same!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nancy