PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At - Friday Sept. 3rd

Beads-Me!
09-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi all! I'm off to the amusement/water park with Brenna for the day. My computer is off to the doctor - let's hope he can fix it.... :( Have a wonderful day all and a great Labor Day weekend to my fellow Americans! Take care...

Gingerbiscuit
09-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Have a great day Nancy!

I've been to a knit / stitch show with my Mum this morning. I found some lovely beads, and booked Mum a watercolour workshop (next spring) for Christmas. It will be her first ever class (she is 78, and will be 79 by then!). She is a really great watercolour artist. It is with an artist she really likes.

Have a lovely weekend everyone! :)

LLane
09-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Hello all...... (well two of you anyway! :D)

Nancy... sorry to hear about your 'puter "bug." Please let me know if you need any help from me....

I got up SO early this morning and was so energized that I had my shower, a first cuppa coffee and in the studio by 7!!! (who is this girl?) Maybe because Mark is coming home today and I want to get some stuff done???

Anyway..... finished a necklace for his mom and made a bunch of earrings, cleaned beads, worked on some PMC pieces from yesterday, (smoothed and filed before firing), and straightened up my bead board and organized my orders so I have an idea of what beads I need to make. On my way back to studio to try to get some done!! (that's alot for me.... I know Ms. McDuck would be thinking what did she do with the other 3/4 of the morning!! :D)

So.... have a great weekend all..... southerners.... stay safe! Looks like this is going to be one really big blow!!

Peace,
Lois

MadameKali
09-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Today has been a very. bad. day.

I woke up and went out early to go to work, thinking I'd sit and have coffee before it was time to clock in... and lo and behold, what did I find but that ... the back window had been smashed. Nothing was stolen, but the window was in millions of pieces. I called and got an estimate... it's going to cost me more than the two weeks' worth of pay I just deposited. I am ready to cry--in fact, I have been, and often, because I simply can't afford this, and that jerk (whoever it was) didn't even think that he was costing someone over two weeks of her life on a whim.

I hope everyone had a better day than mine.

beclectic
09-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Well better late than never. Hi Nancy, Lynn and Lois. I got off work early today for the holiday. Yipeee....

I've started my long weekend. I plan to make earrings. Get things ready to mail out and maybe run a side game on the Chinese Auction.

Mostly I plan to do very little that I don't want to do. More good news, Monica is almost potty trained. More Yipeee.....

Susie - I'm so sorry about your window. Do you have comprehensive on your car by any chance? That may cover it. Also in Ky. glass is always covered by your car insurance. Check, maybe it is that way in your state.