PDA

View Full Version : September 3 - Show and Tell

Cat66
09-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Just taking a break from work, hope no one minds if I start the thread...I called this set Desert Stones, as the colors remind me of my surroundings where I live. Greens, and ivory with silvered ivory.

kybeadmaker
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Very pretty beads, Catt. I am leaving to see my sweet baboo in the morning! Haven't seen that sweet little face for 3 weeks, can hardly wait for the sun to come up...and I am NOT a morning person! Here's a set of classic black and white beads. I love Vetrofond because it stays black. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Harriet

Emily NZ
09-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Cat I really like those! The colour combo is neat!
Harriet, your classic black and white set is so yummy.
Makes me want to play with the morretti I have...........
Emily

Beth Myers
09-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Cat and Harriet,
LOVELY my dears!
Good work.
Beth

Emily NZ
09-03-2004, 05:45 AM
Some of my efforts today. I was striving for the hot pinky/purple effect in boro. I am not sure if the scanner captures the colour that well, but I am pleased with them!
All about 60mm long. I call them kuru. Kuru are the Maori symbol of strength and power!
Emily

glass_beads
09-03-2004, 07:34 AM
The first image is Halloween beads basically exactly the same as I did for last year. I couldn't think up anything better this year yet. So for now, it's the same old thing as last year. They were quite popular at the bead store that carries our beads so we will see how they do this year.

The second image is just a simple pair of tiny starfish for earrings. So simple, I'm almost embarrassed to post them here but they are too cute not to show off ;-) This is the second pair I've done like this -- both for the same customer.

Today is a brisk "autumn-like" day so it is perfect beadmaking weather! The kiln is ramping up as we speak. Have a great day everyone. TGIF!

David E Ricketts
09-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Some of my efforts today. I was striving for the hot pinky/purple effect in boro. I am not sure if the scanner captures the colour that well, but I am pleased with them!
All about 60mm long. I call them kuru. Kuru are the Maori symbol of strength and power!
Emily

Emily, Cool Beads.... Those type beads in (my Opinon) would look great as Chili pepper or Jalapeno looking beads.. would be popular here in Texas.... Just my thoughts. Great Job.... David

KellyD
09-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Cat- Great colors and design, I really like them
Harriet- I love the simplicity of those black & white, it really makes the contrasting color pop out.
Emily- I like your Kuru pendants and I could use a symbol of strength and power with three teenagers in my house!
Melissa- Very cute Halloween beads!

Halloween stuff from me today. I just got on a roll yesterday and couldn't stop making them. I think I'll go make some more Spooky things today!
Oh yea, here's the tell part. I used orange, white, black, yellow orcher, olive, dk. violet, and a good bit of stringer I made for the straw, vines, hair, and words.
Have a happy day everyone!
Kelly

jeffwelsh23462
09-03-2004, 08:38 AM
FINALLY decided to make some beads and they came out pretty good.. halloween theme! and then here are 2 lampwork boro bracelets and 1 boro dichroic pendant. :cool: :wave:

tehale
09-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Wonderful work, everyone!! :clap:

Like I said in my post last night, I'm still learning this camera. I promise the pictures, and hopefully the beads, will continue to improve!

The first picture is silvered opal yellow over ivory, while the second is a ivory, silver leaf, sis stringer, and intense black.

kyyardlizard
09-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Awesome beads this am...

Emily...those are way cool...
Harriet...love the black and white..
Cat66...love the desert ones too...nice...

littlecrow1
09-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Awesome Beads!! Kick Butt sculptural work :clap: ! Love em ! Love em!

Ive been trying new stuff lately...get bored of doing repetitive easily..I have to take breaks from doing flowers, ect...Lately Ive been doing haunted goulish halloweeny type beads...I LOVE THEM! :evil: ...lol

Firts one is *Green With Envy* :evil: and second one is
*Something Wicked This Way Comes* :evil:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162987&stc=1
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162988&stc=1

starlightdesigns
09-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Ooooh, so many Halloweenie beadies!!! So totally cute!!! Maybe I should join the fun and make some, but I'm so afraid I'll just be copying everybody else's...

Anyway, I had some fun with my new HUGE Zoozzii diamond press, just used up a lot of shorties I had lying around. Not really positive about the colors I used, but it's all Moretti! I made 11 of these things, but I'll show just a few so as not to hog so much! ;)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2004/37248-dlf182gallery.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2004/37248-dlf176gallery.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2004/37248-dlf184b.jpg

Have a great day ya'll!!!!

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN FLORIDA!!!!

manda j
09-03-2004, 11:15 AM
WOW what great Halloween and Fall beads today. Maria, very nice. beautiful new big Zooziis also. I guess I'll go work on pumpkins. For some reason, I am still hoping for summer here in Maine and still working in blues. Here are 2 new fishies. 'manda

mtbarr
09-03-2004, 12:57 PM
No More Fear! I finally did some boro.. and I think I am liking it very much. Thanks to Emmett Hollander at Peg's, the sample pack that was passed out at the Gathering by NorthStar enabled me the courage to attempt boro on my Minor Burner. A lot easier than I thought. I found great relief in the pamphlet that was included describing colors, reactions, striking capabilities, etc. There went my punties for Moretti!!

First pic is my favorite round beads. (burned up a mandrel on the blue one! Lesson learned there. Don't work so close to the torch head)
2nd pic is an icicle, an attempt at a Hollander Pendant and of course, a horse.
3rd pic is some leaves with and without frits from the sample pack. Fun stuff.

All of the colors were from NorthStar's sample pack including the frits....
It wasn't that hard to work on the Minor Burner. I quite enjoyed it!!

skreemin' chicken!
09-03-2004, 01:18 PM
hmmmmmm????? 10:00 and there is only one page?!?!? Where is everybody? Sleepin'? Come on!!! Show me your glass!!! :p

Cat~Those are truly AWESOME!!! *slurp* I love love love them!
Harriet~Black and white!! I had to double take and makes sure that was you!!! lol....*wink* yummie!
Emily~The colors in those pendants sing! Great job!
glass beads~ OMG how cuuuuttteeeee is that Halloween set?!?!?!
Kelly~Both of those sets rock, but that first one!!! Wowie!!! It's just soooo dnag kewl!
Jeff~ I always love your stuff in the show and tell...but beads...from you!!! woohooo!!! Those are great!
Terri~ Those organics are so soft i wanna touch them! :p
Deb~Woohooo!!! giiirrrrrlllll!!! You're on a roll!!! Awesome job!!
Debby~I really like the midlle focal....the colors just blend like an ocean! I wanna Zoozzi!i!!!
Manda~Too cute....they're like...*pucker up!* lol
Kay~good go at boro!!! I have yet to make something out of it that doesn't resemble chewed gum! lol....The leaves are really great!

K...here is mine....Havin' a little fun...playing outside of my box.......*He Think's He's Neptune*

GinaJ
09-03-2004, 01:32 PM
AWESOME S&T Today!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kelly and Alesha, beautiful sculptural work!

dogmaw
09-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Great work all! I especially love the sea-horse. How do you get all the bead poop off his tail?

Well, I'm still working on the picture taking, but here goes. I've been trying to work with the white-ish alabaster and opalino rods, and having no luck. No matter how careful I am it turns out sooty on my HH. In any case, I fixed that! I rolled them in dark green enamel, and then in florogreen frit. Then I cooked the bejeburs out of it to get the enamel to turn red in a halo around the frit pieces.

Jo

Crowe
09-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Beautiful work everyone. Harriet -- I love the heart!

I have been trying some new shapes. These were made with the target ice tongs! (Still practicing).

Have a great weekend!

jeffwelsh23462
09-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Jeff~ I always love your stuff in the show and tell...but beads...from you!!! woohooo!!! Those are great!
thanks alot! i always used to make beads but lately I have been on the boro kick.. figured i needed to see if i still can make beads... :p

snootyvixen
09-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Here's my show:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2004/14836-b040903_flower_front.jpg

Here's the tell! (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2661607#post2661607)

alesha - I just LOVE your Neptune wannabe!!

Vikki

DesertDreamer
09-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Ohh Vikki, you got it girl!!!!

I forced myself to hide the raku frit for a day, and came up with these trios. The first is Val's creamy white as a base, cased with one pass of copper blue. I love the wispiness of them. The second is a base of tamale red (shame on Val, saying it was washed out!) with a roll in Glow frit then melted in. The center bead is dotted with Uroboros black.

Denise K
09-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Great show today as always, but the one that stands out for me is Catt's "Desert Stones" - I love that green.

It's spring here, down under so I called this set "Spring has Sprung". It's Vetrofond Peridot (an odd colour I think) and opal yellow.

Toxey's Treasures
09-03-2004, 07:56 PM
I am totally amazed. The S&T gets better and better.

MaureenKennedy
09-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Beautiful flower Vickie, and what a progression in your tell. BUT you don't tell us where or what is that fabulous pink?

snootyvixen
09-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Beautiful flower Vickie, and what a progression in your tell. BUT you don't tell us where or what is that fabulous pink?

OH!!! I thought about that while I was bathing the girls, then promptly forgot to come and remedy it!

It's Bullseye salmon pink. Isn't it gorgeous?? I heard someone among us (no names but she lives in Portland!) say it was an awful color, and I was a little miffed because I just bought some at the Gathering LOL!! I think it turned out really nice.

Thanks Maureen!

Vikki

thatgirl
09-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Beautiful beads folks! I really love all the Halloween designs... makes me wish we celebrated it here in Oz, though I doubt I'd be able to come up with anything as original as all you guys do! Anyway.. here's my latest... I've been working on a large jewellery order for about 4-5 weeks and am just about ready to go NUTS having to make the same boring beads over & over again, so yesterday I took a break from the monotony and made these.. I've included 2 pictures since the first is a little fuzzy (been away from the camera for too long AND it's overcast here today.. so much for spring :mad: :mad:). Have a great weekend folks!

Cheers,
Sue :cat:

PS. Oops.. forget the 'tell' part.. I used black, ivory, SIS, avocado green, transparent light brown, new violet and ink blue.. oh and a touch of goldstone in the twisty cane.