PDA

View Full Version : Another Plein Air

Lady Carol
09-02-2004, 10:13 PM
I went out to Farmer Brown's place again for another go at plein air with the class. This is from the same hill as last time but in another direction.

C&C welcome. 10X10 inches with Galleria and Infinity

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/11811-willistown_2.JPG

dspinks
09-02-2004, 10:39 PM
I like the feeling of distance and the variety of soft greens in this painting. Nice job!

Debra

Artguy29
09-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Beautiful work as always!

Dave

chandlerjr
09-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Carol,
I like this one better than you last plein air. This painting has a foreground, a middle, and background which, from a composition standpoint, moves the eye over the painting. Nice work!
Larry C.

romell
09-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Very nice work, Carol. I guess you enjoyed so much on this one. :)
Wish I could do the same thing...but I need more guts. :D

ExpressiveAngie
09-03-2004, 07:10 AM

Me too, IO keep saying I want to go outside but .... :p

Very lovely Carol - Do you feel more in the zone when painting outdoors?

Lady Carol
09-03-2004, 10:43 AM
I like the feeling of distance and the variety of soft greens in this painting. Nice job!

Debra

Thanks Debra. This one has a greater sense of depth than the other one.

Beautiful work as always!

Dave

Appreciated Dave :o

Carol,
I like this one better than you last plein air. This painting has a foreground, a middle, and background which, from a composition standpoint, moves the eye over the painting. Nice work!
Larry C.

Larry you are right!! This has a better fore, middle and background.

I did enjoy it. Hanging outside....getting eaten by bugs (forgot the repellent) :eek: It is better if you go with someone for moral support. I am not very brave on my own either.

Me too, IO keep saying I want to go outside but .... :p

Very lovely Carol - Do you feel more in the zone when painting outdoors? I guess I am feeling more comfortable about painting outside. MY first attempt I came so very close to throwing a tantrum :mad: but talked myself out of it cause I did not think it was a very adult thing to do...LOL!!!!!

Thanks for the comments all..

HRH Goldie
09-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I just read through replies before posting and I had to laugh at the thought of you throwing what we call a 'wobbler' in front of the rest of the class. :evil:
It would have been a great subject matter for them to paint lol :D

Another great result Carol.. You seem to be getting better and better at the moment. The classes are obviously suiting you or the fresh air is one of the two :wink2:

You'll be having your own exhibition soon if you keep this up - what more can I say! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Christine

katz
09-03-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi Carol.
Nice scene.
I would like to see more yellows in the closest grass to separate it from the distant greens. Good job on the distant hills. I bet plein aire is difficult with so much color and so many details to see. I'll have to try it sometime.
Gay

Lady Carol
09-03-2004, 02:42 PM
I just read through replies before posting and I had to laugh at the thought of you throwing what we call a 'wobbler' in front of the rest of the class. :evil:
It would have been a great subject matter for them to paint lol :D

Christine

LOL!!!! I am familiar with the term wobbler. I no longer use it as I have to explain the meaning to every American who hears it. I have not been THAT frustrated for a long time. Needless to say I never posted my first plein air attempt. That has been relegated to the pile of less-than-successful art :mad: I admitted my frustration to my art teacher later that day and she seemed surprized that I covered it up so well. It is kind of funny now :cat:

An exhibition would be good. I just have to get out there and market myself.

Thanks for the compliments.

Faded
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Very nice piece Carol, it has a soft pastoral 19th century feel to it.

Lady Carol
09-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi Carol.
Nice scene.
I would like to see more yellows in the closest grass to separate it from the distant greens. Good job on the distant hills. I bet plein aire is difficult with so much color and so many details to see. I'll have to try it sometime.
Gay

Hello Gay, oopps cross-posted.....

Thank you for the comments.

I think the closest grass really anchors the foreground. It was in shadow so the greens were darker. I like it the way it is but I really appreciate the time you took to comment.

Thanks again.

Lady Carol
09-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Very nice piece Carol, it has a soft pastoral 19th century feel to it.
Thanks David

Bertoni
09-04-2004, 07:59 PM
Carol: I like the feeling of distance here! Nice work. It looks like you enjoyed painting it!! Makes me want to get out and do some plein air!! :)

prospector
09-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey Carol; I can almost smell the earth when I veiw yer painting. Dont get any better than that. :clap:

Jack

sassybird
09-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I agree with the comments above including the one about adding a little more yellow to the grass in the forground to make it stand out. The closer we are to something the more detail we see.

Eileenjm
09-05-2004, 03:13 AM
:clap: Hi Carol I agree with what Larry said. Lovely painting.
Eileen

LarrySeiler
09-05-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't have time at the moment...am in transport having performed coffeehouse style blues last night...but, think you should also post this also in the plein air forum Carol, so that you get some insights from artists there that engage in the challenges of plein air routinely. Not many are representing acrylic in that forum either, meaning its nice to have the variety.

Good to see you at it!!! :clap:

keep it up...

Larry

hoski
09-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I agree with the comments above, very nice, well done :clap:

Lady Carol
09-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Carol: I like the feeling of distance here! Nice work. It looks like you enjoyed painting it!! Makes me want to get out and do some plein air!! :)

Thanks Bertoni, You should give it a try.

Hey Carol; I can almost smell the earth when I veiw yer painting. Dont get any better than that. :clap:

Jack

Thanks Jack :o

I agree with the comments above including the one about adding a little more yellow to the grass in the forground to make it stand out. The closer we are to something the more detail we see.

Charissa, I agree with what you are saying about the detail, but it is in shadow.........

:clap: Hi Carol I agree with what Larry said. Lovely painting.
Eileen

Thank you Eileen.

I don't have time at the moment...am in transport having performed coffeehouse style blues last night...but, think you should also post this also in the plein air forum Carol, so that you get some insights from artists there that engage in the challenges of plein air routinely. Not many are representing acrylic in that forum either, meaning its nice to have the variety.

Good to see you at it!!! :clap:

keep it up...

Larry

Larry will post over there when I get back from holiday. Thanks for the support and encouragement.

I agree with the comments above, very nice, well done :clap:
Hello hoski, thanks for dropping by, and for expressing the appreciation