PDA

View Full Version : 9/2 Evening S&T

prncsk
09-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Just had to sneak this one in and say a big THANK YOU to Ginny for her inspiration. I may not be able to make a flower to save my life but look at this! This was my first EVER attempt at a hollow bead....I think it looks pretty good! Ginny has been such a wonderful inspiration and help to me, I can't thank her enough.

Karen

zim
09-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Karen- it's beautiful! I love the color. I have never attempted a hollow bead (cant make a good flower yet either) but trying is fun!

Donna :wave:

tehale
09-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Congrats on the beautiful hollow, Karen!

Seems like all I get to do is lurk, but tonight I played with my NEW camera and took a picture of a bead from my NEW kiln. One year ago last weekend I took my first class with Marjorie Langston. I missed out on about 6 months of torch time with a family illness, but I feel like I'm finally on track. Thank you for more than I can ever say Marjorie!

I wish I could give you the details of the "tell" part, but other than knowing I used silvered ivory and copper punches, the rest was grab and dab!

Shawn T.
09-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Karen,
Wow your first hollow it is great! I am so proud of you. Congrats!

tehale, that bead is wonderful. Majorie is a great teacher and a wonderful person.

Shawn

SPIglass
09-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Karen - that hollow is great! Especially for a first attempt
Terry - love those copper leaves! Just beautiful!

Here's a one of my latest...a departure from my normal shapes. Its a ruffly rounded tab freeform. The base was made with that cool gray-blue that Frantz had at the Gathering with silver foil. Glad I got a big handful of that color. Love the way it reacts with silver.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/10616-artifact1.jpg

CalmWaterStudio
09-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Do I LOVE WetCanvas??? I'm SO addicted to looking on here every night before I go to bed JUST to see what everybody's doing... and you know what??? I am NEVER disappointed. I LOVE what you guys do. Isn't this sight just awesome???

Karen.... I WISH my first hollow would have even resembled a hollow! You did so good!!!

Here are a couple things I've been doing...

prncsk
09-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. Terry....those leaves are amazing! I am loving the free form stuff too....a little more down my alley!
Karen

David E Ricketts
09-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Karen - that hollow is great! Especially for a first attempt
Terry - love those copper leaves! Just beautiful!

Here's a one of my latest...a departure from my normal shapes. Its a ruffly rounded tab freeform. The base was made with that cool gray-blue that Frantz had at the Gathering with silver foil. Glad I got a big handful of that color. Love the way it reacts with silver.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/10616-artifact1.jpg

Great Looking bead, not one of those "Girlieman" looking beads to take a quote from Arnold.....great Focal, I'd wear it.....

marjoriel
09-03-2004, 06:26 AM
Terry - you were "on track" from the first minute you sat down at the torch! Now it's time for you to teach me some of the tricks you've learned that I don't know. Thanks to you and Shawn for the positive start to Friday morning!

Marjorie

GinnyHampton
09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
I have nothing to share today, but had to chime in to give Karen a big WOO HOO on her first hollow. I think my first one went straight into le garbage . . . . it was HUGE and super lopsided.

And I love the pretty leaves and beautiful focals here today. Great stuff :)