PDA

View Full Version : New Kitty Painting

jyvonne
09-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Saw a beautiful kitty in the image library some time back, and printed out the image. Decided the night before last to try to paint her.

This is on 8x10 canvas board and took about 8 hours from start to finish.

C&C is welcome.

Blessings,
jyvonne

idahogirl
09-02-2004, 05:38 PM
The only thing I can say is, WOW! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dee

hoski
09-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Very good, I can see that the cat is watching a little mouse, studying its every move...well done :clap:

mooz49
09-02-2004, 06:24 PM
She is gorgeous - well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
......... now if only I could paint like that! :envy:

Artguy29
09-02-2004, 07:10 PM
This is stunning, jyvonne!!! You have a real talent for wildlife painting. Excellent work!!!

Dave

jyvonne
09-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Thankyou everyone for your kind comments and encouragements.

Your circled picture isn't showing up on my computer, Dave, but I think I know what you mean. The digital rep doesn't really show the the shading in the face, and the fur under the chin actually has more golden/brown highlights than the digital shows. Still, I am considering adding a little more shadow under the front of the chin anyway, even though the real painting does define the chin from all of that fluff pretty well. I think just a little more shadow would enhance it a bit.

Thanks for your insight.
jyvonne

jbitzel
09-02-2004, 08:28 PM
I love the soft look or the fur, the only thing that bothers me is the background is green which makes me think the cat is in the field. I would like to see a more domesticated feel in a background. Love it.... James :wave:

ExpressiveAngie
09-03-2004, 07:25 AM
Here kitty kitty.
Love it.
:clap:

Bioartist
09-03-2004, 08:04 AM
She is absolutely goregous :clap: :clap: :clap: (sp?), what colours did you use for her?????
Stacey

HRH Goldie
09-03-2004, 01:44 PM
jyvonne - This is absolutely superb! :clap: :clap: :clap:

In fact it's so good I feel like inundating you with pics of my two kitty's LOL!

Everyone puts highlights in eyes and it gives a sense of realism but I keep looking at this kitty's eye and it is almost real in its values, colours, diffusion of light. Remarkable and stunning.

If you are going to tinker with it - do very little it honestly doesn't need it.
You must let whoever posted the photo know as I am sure they will be delighted with your painting.

Good on yer :wave:

Christine

jyvonne
09-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Well, you all are incredibly encouraging! Thank you for all of your comments.

Stacey- I used primarily Titanium white, Raw Sienna, Burnt sienna, Burnt umber, and Payne's Gray for the fur, but I also have a little bit of yellow oxide, light portrait pink, and even a little bit of hookers green in the underlayers. The skin of the ear is light portrait pink, payne's gray and titanium white- and maybe a little burnt umber.

The background is Hooker's green, brilliant blue, white, emerald green and payne's gray.

The eye is brilliant blue, hooker's green, titanium white, and raw sienna.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and encouragement.

jyvonne