PDA

View Full Version : What ifs

Silent Jaguar
09-02-2004, 12:31 PM
What would you accomplish if you were not filled with "but, what if?"

timelady
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Nothing probably. I think you've got the question backwards! :) It's 'but what if' that drives me to paint, finds my new subjects, makes me approach galleries.

Ooooh, but what if I painted purple on top of that instead of the usual blue? But what if I glazed over that instead of covering it completely? Okay, I could do another bridge but what if I tried painting *that* instead? I could do some of the usual mail outs but what if I sent photos to those posh galleries too just for the heck of it?

But what if is good! (at least in my strange world) :D

Tina.

sassybird
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I agree with Tina. It is the but if's that keep me going too. I don't stop and wonder that much I just go for it in many different mediums as well as mixed mediums. But if is the driving force for me.

Enchanted
09-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Nothing probably. I think you've got the question backwards! :) It's 'but what if' that drives me to paint, finds my new subjects, makes me approach galleries.
No disagreement here. I suppose it's more a case, for some people, of worrying about "but what will others think?" That keeps some artists from exploring the "nether" side of their psyche by doing art works that are not meant to cater to a broad audience - no pun intended! :rolleyes:

And then there are those artists who, apparently, deliberately set out to shock or offend as a way of getting attention they might otherwise not get if they worried about "what others might think."

mame
09-03-2004, 10:25 AM
right on Miss Timewoman

just don't worry about it.
("what, me worry?")
Very, very powerful.