PDA

View Full Version : September 2nd 2004 Show and Tell

Emily NZ
09-02-2004, 01:21 AM
I know this is ahead of time for you but it is late afternoon here, and I have a few things to show.
I make a lot of these waves and was playing around with the colours. I tried for some animal print type ones and some agate looking ones. i was quite happy with the results.
The are boro.
Emily
The animal print ones are silver strike 5 and chocolate crayon, the others are star white and a mix of frits.

!ngridh
09-02-2004, 01:47 AM
Emily...those are just the ticket!!! I love them. And I really am so glad that I got to meet you at the Gathering...;-)))))))))

quill
09-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Emily, those are fab.

those are just the ticket!!! I love them. And I really am so glad that I got to meet you at the Gathering
Ingrid, no fair, I wanted to meet Emily at the gathering.

Briatha
09-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Emily your pendants are heavenly!

Mine are Golden Sands of Time and Organic Blues
I almost kept the set *Golden Sands of Time* It's so much prettier in person because it has places that look almost fumed with a shiny finish. I am such a hopeless photographer :( You'd think with all the awesome tutorials I've read I'd be able to take a decent photo...NOT...sigh...I'm photo challenged :crying:

Llama Girl
09-02-2004, 03:03 AM
WOW - Those pendants are really beautiful!!

y'all are doing such great work.

I posted this one on the last S&T, but it was with a couple other beads, and I'm still happy about being able to make hollows (it had me frustrated for a long time and put me off making the for months).

Jacinthe
09-02-2004, 04:22 AM
Emily - those are some cool pendants, still think my wigwag is the tops though. :)

Faith - nice little sets as always, I like the blue frit one best.

Llama Girl - That hollow is very pretty, nice colours, and its got a nice unique shape. :)

Well every since Chinese Auction started this round, I haven't had much umph for making beads, but I finally made a set last night in between Chinese Auction posts and working with Rachel to get my first eBay Auctions up.

Here, inspired by Rona (AutumnH) black encased with clear with raised dots, but I went with a fire coloured theme, just using up bits of stringers I have.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/20424-2sept1.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Emily NZ
09-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi Ingrid :wave: it was sooo nice to meet you too, and get one of your special leaf beads!
Linda, I WILL meet you one day. Won't be at the next Gathering but maybe at the one in 2006! :clap:
Briatha, lovely beads, I 'cheat' on my pics - they are scans!
Llama Girl, that bead has such lovely delicate colours.
Sarah, I thought at first glance that you had made a really long bead! Nice contrast of colours. Glad you still like that wigwag
:D
Emily

NYCindy
09-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Good morning!

Emily - The swirling of the animal print is a nice variation on the pendants!

Briatha - I would have kept the sand bead set too! They are very sparkly!

Llama girl - Lovely color choice for the hollow!

Sarah - The black base makes a nice background for the fire theme!

Here is my contribution for today: Picasso's Amour

She's made of Spectrum 96 clear sheet (for the reverse painting) and Uroboros 96 clear rod for the base bead. I've switched to the Spectrum and U-96 because the Moretti/Effetre sheet glass is full of bubbles and cloudiness. The bubbles and cloudiness mostly disappears in the flame but every so often one will make it into the middle of a painting! So, I've switched - the Spectrum 96 sheet is crystal clear! No stray bubbles!

Booger
09-02-2004, 06:52 AM
I am very excited about these! Encased Face, Peasants Under Glass or Deviled Beads. Bullseye pendants and needs work.......(The purple guy CHANGES COLOR!) Purple, blue, purple, blue, purple, etc.

BACK SOON!
Sheryll At Home
Got To Show, Got To Run

jeffwelsh23462
09-02-2004, 07:19 AM
mornin' all. love the faces they are awesome! :clap: . here are mine for the day.. a beetle pendant,a dolphin bracelet, a seahorse pendant, and a blue fused bracelet. :wave:

G&S Lampwork
09-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Absolutely love everyone's beads! But have to say an extra Wow Sheryll,
those head specimens are something else!

Amozoo
09-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Great items here today. My son is getting married on Saturday and I made this a symetrical necklace to wear for that special day. It's so exciting, the men are wearing kilts and my 8 year old boy will be the ring bearer. It's outside on a bluff overlooking a lake!

sandree
09-02-2004, 07:53 AM
Thanks for sharing your creations! Sandy

First set is boro - indigo aventurine with silver strike 5 and the second is a blue luster bicone with fuschia mosaic middle (cherrywood, ex light yellow and indigo luster frit).

Have a great day!

GinaJ
09-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Awesome S&T already!!!! Love the Booger heads, and Sandree, that 2nd bead is GORGEOUS!!!! Emily, those pendants are wonderful animal prints, and Faith, I love your Golden Sands!!!!
Llama, that is a great hollow, and Sarah, your dots look perfect!
Cindy, that beads is totally awesome!!! Jeff, I always LOVE your stuff!
Amozoo, that is really beautiful, congratulations on your son!!!!

dasi11
09-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Everyones work is great. I love the booger encased faces.....
I did a few florals. I got out my kim miles notes and I was going over them. She makes such beautiful beads.

The wine colored beads are done with Carnelian. I strike it over and over and I keep getting a deeper color everytime. The color looks like red wine or like I wanted rubino to look when I made a bead with it. Instead, solid rubino always looks to dark.

Booger
09-02-2004, 09:11 AM
AHHHHHHHH!
We have ourselves a stunner of a Show and Tell today - Keep'em coming everyone.

Jeff - LOVE THE BUG! In fact, am wearing a gifted spider pendant right now and am wondering if you may have sold one to a NLC recently? It could be one of your beauties.
Emily - those pendants! The zebra! OMG THE ZEBRA! I haven't forgotten your project and hope to get to it by the end of the month. Be patient please, Its coming soon.
Faith - now that's a set! Colors, arrangements - it all works wonders, but is that dichro in the centers of the orange? It's a glowing!
Sandree - the bicone is GORGEOUS! I have got to try boro. Wow, what a bead that it....
Amazoo - I can't believe that necklace. Jewelry design is baffling enough to me, but how you did it with an asymetrical layout just blows me away. Congrats to your family. Will there be Celtic music, too?
NY Cindy - I am completely enthralled with all painted beads. I really love the placement of the tiny drip of red - it completely draws the eye.
Sarah - PERFECT DOTS. In the Bay, are you are you are you???
LLama Girl - congratulations on achieving hollows! Not only did you do it, but you managed to decorate it with great colors, too. WTG! :clap:

!ngridh, where are the pictures of you hob-knobbing at the Gathering? Been looking everywhere for it. And please, please come to the next one? (You can distract Emily with Vegamite and I'll pocket the zebra wave and Quill can take pictures :evil: ........)

:music: A'Melting We Will Go :music: AND THEN A CLASS WITH MARY MOTH! It has all the makings of great day.

Sheryll

starlightdesigns
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Emily ~ those wave pendants are to die for! Totally unique and GORGEOUS!

Briatha ~ I LOVE your Golden Sands set - WOW!

Llama Girl ~ that transparent bead is really cool!

Sarah ~ your dot placement is magnificent! Great set!

Cindy ~ wow, great job! Very abstract! Way to go!

OMG - Booger! You've OUTDONE YOURSELF!!!

Jeff - I love your bracelets... But that seahorse pendant just speaks to me!!! LOVE it!

Amoret ~ What an absolutely love necklace, totally YUMMY colors!

Sandree ~ Wow, great set and that bicone! Awesome!!!

Heather ~ your florals are BEAUTIFUL!!! Great wine set, too! I've been wanting to do a wine colored set, would've never thought to use carnelian... Thanks!

I couldn't wait to show these... I love 'em... I call 'em Chocolate Chip Mint! (Moretti's trans. rootbeer brown, copper and pale pink, all etched).
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/37248-dls178.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!!! My prayers are with all you folks in Florida!!! :wave:

Katerra
09-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Great stuff everyone. Heather, that carnelian is amazing. I've never gotten it that dark. Do you ever have a problem with casing it? I thought you shouldn't do that with the opalinos, but you seem to have no problem.

Kathie :cat:

sassy
09-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi...I don't post very often but I do admire the S&T everyday....you guys are sooooo talented...maybe some day I'll get there. I do have a question tho' and not sure if it should be posted here or elsewhere. I have tried and tried and tried and tried to purchase the raku frit from Val....I am just not speedy enough and I know that is many other's lament also. Does anyone know if that frit/chunk is sold elsewhere? I am just dying to try it - I love what everyone is doing with it. Thanks,

Sandi

beadamaniac!
09-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey all,
I haven't posted in a reeeally long time, though I've peeked in from time to time. Everyone's stuff is great as usual and it's also interesting to see how people's work has progressed. Jacinthe, you didn't show any today, but your pulsars are fabulous!

I haven't worked with Lauscha transparent red in a while and was taken aback by its intensity once again. The black and white glass is Czech.

Smedstad
09-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

I posted this in last night's thread, but I feel I have to give it more exposure since I'm so happy with it. I post photos about once every six months, so it's not really overkill.

Debbie

margaretz
09-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Very cool stuff today everyone! Emily- the waves are very cool. The animal spotted one is my favorite. Booger- Run in this direction... remind me of the Martha Graham dances done through a sheet of fabric...very very neat! Great job and thanks for sharing it!

Here's a few recent pieces... the first is a twisty bead with a red (perhaps purplish-red) base with a touch of white powder and intense black. The second are "Biologicals" series beads made for a "wish list" order... black base, lavender and ink blue, SIS... 1 3/4" tall each.

nicker
09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Margaret I love those "Wish List" beads. They are on my wish list now that purple is so yummy!

Here's my two I may submit these into a show here in Oct I can't decide?

margaretz
09-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Nicker- thanks... (blush)...
Re. your beads: Though the pic of the first is better, go with the second (after perhaps revising the pic). The stringer work on this one is more precise than the other, not to mention a popular color combination right now. I think it's a more elegant bead. Hope that helps your decision!

Libby L.
09-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Great work today guys.
The Libster aka Libby

bluhealer
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Great stuff all!!
Almost hesitant to add mine...

Still comparing the Moretti dark opal yellow with the new frit.....trying to wring out all the nuances. They behave a lot alike, so I'm wondering about the silver content on the Moretti, as the new frit is a silver-laden color, a lot like boro.
Carolyn

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/10208-0902011.jpg

GardenGirl1002
09-02-2004, 01:32 PM
My goodness - yet another fantastic S&T today! I can't pick a favorite out of this bunch - they're all so great.
Here's my piddly contribution for today (haven't been posting many beads lately). I had one of those "off" days yesterday and out of 30 or so beads, I think these are really the only 2 worth sharing.
First one - my first attempt at dichro in a loooonnngg time. I hate it so much because it does nothing but burn out on me. This is my first and only success! Not much to look at, but the dichro retained its color so I was just thrilled!
Second one- I read the bumped up post from Ingrid about EDP, so I tried my hand at that too. I worked it really hot and every time it devitted, I just kept heating it. There's no devit on this at all! YAY :clap: . Thanks, Ingrid! What would I do without all of you guys and your willingness to share your tips and tricks???
Have a great day!

snootyvixen
09-02-2004, 01:47 PM
I haven't even looked at the rest of the S&T yet, have to rush out to get Lil Bit from the school bus, so I'll look when I get back.

Did I go over the top? LOL!!

"Freaked out on Fuchsia"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/14836-B040902_fuschia4.jpg

Vikki

KellyD
09-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Carolyn, I love your bead set. I must have gone back about 5 times just to stare at it :)

Here's some color combo's I've been playing with lately.
It's Moretti dk.brown, coral, opal yellow,some adventurine, gold pixie dust and Laucha olive and blue
Kelly

mperaza
09-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Great beads as usual guys! Just had to take one more peak before I disconnect and evacuate.

Keep us Floridians in your prayers.

Marilyn

starlightdesigns
09-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I read the bumped up post from Ingrid about EDP, so I tried my hand at that too. I worked it really hot and every time it devitted, I just kept heating it. There's no devit on this at all! YAY :clap: . Thanks, Ingrid! What would I do without all of you guys and your willingness to share your tips and tricks???
Have a great day!

Would you mind passing on the link to that thread? I missed it somewhere and can't find it... Thanks!

Llama Girl
09-02-2004, 02:55 PM
GardenGirl,

Yesyes - me to, please. I love the color of EDP but it drives me nuts when it devits.

Thanks bunches,
Shannon

Booger
09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Be Safe Marilyn!
And to everyone in Florida.

boobiebeads
09-02-2004, 03:54 PM
WOW I sure can tell that Fall is here. Beautiful beads everyone. :D Everyone fighting the storm be safe we are thinking of you.

More tigers for me. These ones actually made it to Ebay today. Dark amber, b/w twisties, SIS and light amber, all moretti.

Have a great day.

Boobie Beads on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4923330072&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT)

Andie's Glass
09-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Good Luck to Everyone in Florida!!! My prayers are with you all!

Beautiful beads today!

Here's mine!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/12374-sweetandsavory.jpg

TwistNglass
09-02-2004, 05:46 PM
I've been so enthralled with Holly's beads and she shared some techniques so I'm just posting my results so far. She is one heck of a talented gal and these in no way compare to hers but I'm loving the effects. Thanks Holly!

Rose

GardenGirl1002
09-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get this up here, guys!
Here's the link to the EDP tutorial from Ingrid.
Hope it helps you guys as much as it helped me. Make sure you're in the mood to read because it's a long thread!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120817

hope it works! :)

starlightdesigns
09-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Sorry it took me so long to get this up here, guys!
Here's the link to the EDP tutorial from Ingrid.
Hope it helps you guys as much as it helped me. Make sure you're in the mood to read because it's a long thread!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120817

hope it works! :)

Thanks, Kristen, you're a doll!!!! :wave:

CalmWaterStudio
09-02-2004, 08:09 PM
LOVELY beads, everyone! Margaret.. just when I think you've shown me your best.. you just blow me away. I LOVE those beads tonight!!!!!

I've been working on focals rather than sets lately... my Mama is staying with me recovering from cancer surgery, so I don't have big chunks of time to sit down at the torch... and I'm SO thankful to NOT have the time! I'm thankful to still have my sweet Mama with me!!!!!!

Have a good night everyone!!!!

WillowMajestic
09-02-2004, 09:14 PM
I've been so enthralled with Holly's beads and she shared some techniques so I'm just posting my results so far. She is one heck of a talented gal and these in no way compare to hers but I'm loving the effects. Thanks Holly!

Rose

Wow!! GORGEOUS!! :clap:

Kari