PDA

View Full Version : Still-life, something new for me-

katz
09-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Hi ,
This is 18" x 24'", but it is cropped smaller as the image.
I've been doing landscapes and seascapes mostly.
I got the urge to paint a still life. Blue is my fav. color, and I love berries, and margaritas. MMMMMM .....
The raspberries have more reddish tones in rl.
Comments and critiques welcome.
Katz

Artguy29
09-01-2004, 10:01 PM
This is stunning, Katz. The detail is excellent. You've done a great job working with that blue; what color(s) did you use for those blue areas? How did you get your colors so rich and bold? I find it hard to get that color quality with acrylics. I'm amazed! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bertoni
09-01-2004, 11:34 PM
That's a tasty looking still life you've got there!!! I've got to try a still life too for a change!!! Nice job on the blackberries!!!

MDurante
09-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Your berries are awesome. I also like the texture you've given to the cloth.

The only thing that strikes me as odd is the high angle, but that's because I'm used to seeing still-lifes from a lower one. Doing this really lets us see the berries however!

Minor criticism, great painting,

- Matthew Durante

HRH Goldie
09-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Lovely use of colour katz :clap:

Christine

Shelbylynn
09-02-2004, 07:19 AM
I love raspberries, but what I love more about this canvas is the pattern in the fabric, WOW!

ExpressiveAngie
09-02-2004, 07:37 AM
I , too, am impressed with your use of color! :clap:

Lady Carol
09-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, please.......I will have a margarita

Wonderfully limited palette. Your handling of the fabric is great, wish I could paint fabric that well. My only nit is the high area of the fabric and this could be pushed further into the background with some glazings.

Stunning composition.

sassybird
09-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, oh my:D This is lucious. Those berries would not last long around me:) You did a beautiful job, and I imagine it was a nice respite from your usual subject.

katz
09-03-2004, 09:01 AM
HI,
Thanks everyone for taking a look and commenting.
It was fun to paint for something different than my usual subjects.
Artguy,
The colors that I used for the blue are ultramarine blue, and some magenta. (also some white& black.) I bought some of the fluid acrylics in transparent colors to glaze layers. I also used Golden soft gel matte to get the soft effects of the folds in the cloth. That worked really well, I took a little on my brush and added right to the canvas with the paint.

Katz :D