PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day!

artistjan
09-01-2004, 03:21 PM
The day has finally arrived! Please check out my website www.janzart.com for photos of my art display in a large bookstore near Boston :) It'll be in place for the whole of September - a great opportunity! even as I was putting the paintings up people were asking me if they were for sale. :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/15037-wc1.JPG

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/15037-wc2.JPG

Artguy29
09-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Congratulations, Jan! They look great in the store. Are you selling them there or just displaying them?

Dave

artistjan
09-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Displaying and hoping to sell some! I'll be very happy to sell one at least, but for now I am just excited to have this opportunity to show so many in one place.

sassybird
09-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Alright Jan, good for you!!! I hope you sell them all:)

ExpressiveAngie
09-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Displaying and hoping to sell some! I'll be very happy to sell one at least, but for now I am just excited to have this opportunity to show so many in one place.

I agree with you this is exciting! The display is nice and I hope you sell sell sell.

artistjan
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Thank you for the good wishes! This is so much fun!

Vicki_Oz
09-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Congratulations!! Wonderful display...I'm sure it will be very successful for you!

Kind regards
Vicki

Faded
09-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Congratulations Jan. It's a great feeling to show your work in public, good luck with it all :)
-Faded

blumoon
09-02-2004, 01:14 AM
Way to go. The display looks great. Hope you sell some, that would be a bonus. :clap:

artistjan
09-02-2004, 10:09 AM
Thank you for all the good wishes - I'm still very excited! I even get a mention on the in-store flier of events for the month!

It's a great opportunity and probably one that won't get repeated, but I would not even have thought it possible if not for Wet Canvas and all the help I have had - and continue to get with my painting. I would probably have stopped after my first painting (which I did two years ago this month) if I had not found this website.

thank you all :clap:

HRH Goldie
09-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Wishing and hoping that all good things come out of this exhibition for you. I too am so grateful to WC and long for the day that I can have a private exhibition. So :envy: is for you and also :clap:
With any luck a gallery will give you a permanent place in their shop. (If they've got any sense. :D

Please let us know how you get on. I love success stories :wink2:

Christine

artistjan
09-02-2004, 01:10 PM
LOL - that would be nice. To be honest, I just happen to live near a big bookstore that has a display area - they show work from both professional and amateur artists, but treat them all the same. I don't know of anywhere else around here that does anything like it. It's also in a very busy shopping area, on a road used by people driving out of Boston so in some ways it's better than most art galleries for a first-time display.