PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while but

ExpressiveAngie
09-01-2004, 02:07 PM
I finally got my acrylics back out. I had a few pastel portraits to do (money) and now its time to do a coupla acrylic paintings (fun). 20x 26 a bit more than I shoulda tried to do but oh well, I really did enjoy this a lot...C and C always welcome.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/29518-acrbeachwip2.jpg

amaze_1101
09-01-2004, 02:42 PM
This is lovely and it makes me think of the 'flappers' era (1920's) for some reason. The only thing is I'm disturbed by the emptiness under the umbrella's like it isn't quite finished. Maybe a towel spread out on the sand or something. Really though it's probably just me.

Still love it though and would have it on my wall as it is! :wave:

coherent
09-01-2004, 02:49 PM
very nice water and sky... it has a soft watercolor look to it.
-marc

jbitzel
09-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I love the top half, the bottom half needs more shadows highlights, and it just looks empty. I love the sky and waves though. :wink2:

Artguy29
09-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Nice work! As James said, you need some shadows and highlights on the sand, and maybe some more tones. I think your middleground needs some more interest. Maybe some smaller umbrellas and towels closer to the water or a small boat on the shore will do the trick. You need something out there. I love the sky and water; I wouldn't touch them.

Dave

DANCING PAINTBRUSHES
09-01-2004, 04:24 PM
It is a lovely soft painting, but I think it needs more detail. The foreground needs more work with maybe a couple of beach chairs and towels as to bring the person into the picture. Even a couple of seagulls would be nice. :wave:

sassybird
09-01-2004, 04:25 PM
I love your sky and water, and I also like the colors of the shadows under the umbrellas. I agree that there needs to be some more interest in the middle ground, and maybe part of the palm tree hanging down into the painting from the side. I guess what I am saying is that you have a good start, but you need to beef it up some.

ExpressiveAngie
09-01-2004, 04:52 PM
I do reacon the people have spoken! Lol, and I heard ya....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/29518-acrbeachwip.jpg

Seriously, I thank each of you for responding and I will add something soon. Thanks a bunch.

HRH Goldie
09-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Hi Angie
Hope youre keeping well.
I know where your going with this or should I say where you've come from lol! :wink2:
There is a popular artist out there that paints very simplistic pictures like this but his name escapes me at present. It will come to me. This style is very 'in' at the moment and I like it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The thing is it would be spoilt if you clutter with anything more. Hope this helps :D :wave:

Christine

ExpressiveAngie
09-02-2004, 07:35 AM
Hi Angie
Hope youre keeping well.
I know where your going with this or should I say where you've come from lol! :wink2:
There is a popular artist out there that paints very simplistic pictures like this but his name escapes me at present. It will come to me. This style is very 'in' at the moment and I like it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The thing is it would be spoilt if you clutter with anything more. Hope this helps :D :wave:

Christine

Whew, am I relieved you like it as is Christine, I studied on it all last night and couldnt decide what to add or where.
This is one of those paintings that has folks firmly divided. My hubby wants something more, my sister says leave it alone, my mom says it needs life, my good friend says it is good.....

I am preparing for a show in November -- we are still around 78 degrees in Nov -- and I guess we will see what happens with it, lol.

I have been fine, just a busy summer you know. I hope all of your family happy and healthy!

ExpressiveAngie
09-02-2004, 04:07 PM
yes, I am wishy washy
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/29518-acrbeachgirl.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/29518-acrbeachgirlcu.jpg

HRH Goldie
09-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Okay - U can get away with that Lol! :wink2: Only because she is extremely well painted and in superb proportion. :clap:

ORDER - Don't go and add anything more!! :D

Love it Angie!

Christine

Bobbo
09-02-2004, 06:40 PM
yes you did it
finised!
love the pink in the grasses
counteracts for the strong blue
adding the fore ground made it
a nicely ballanced painting....

Vicki_Oz
09-02-2004, 08:22 PM
I liked this before.....love it now!

Lady Carol
09-02-2004, 10:05 PM
The lone figure really completed the image.

Don't do any more to it....except sign it.

:D

ExpressiveAngie
09-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Christine, I promise no more painting on this one, it has been completed :D
Bobbo, thank you, I always value your opinion.
Vicki and Carol, thank you, I will varnish it today andthat will keep me from ruining it maybe... :p

katz
09-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Wonderful finish. I love the girl that you added.
great compositon. I agree, please don't touch it anymore.
Gay

Charlie's Mum
09-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Wonder if Christine was thinking of Vettriano's 'Singing Butler' painting? - Hope I've got spelling and title right but he's been in the news a bit recently.
Anyway, this reminded me of that painting, before I'd read the thread! :)

ExpressiveAngie
09-04-2004, 10:56 AM
katz-- thank you, its varnished now, :D no more touching

C's mum, I check out Vettriano's website, OMG, just beautiful stuff, I am so thrilled that I could begin to remind you of someone like that, thank you ( the check is in the mail) :D :p

SilverLady
09-04-2004, 06:40 PM
I love the finished painting. Very pretty.

Silverlady

ExpressiveAngie
09-05-2004, 08:12 AM
I love the finished painting. Very pretty.

Silverlady

Thank you Silverlady :)

hoski
09-05-2004, 02:13 PM
I agree completely, the person under the umbrella really did it for the painting, well done :clap:

Ursus17
09-05-2004, 02:17 PM
This is great! I think the figure you added was a super idea. It makes me wonder what she is thinking about or what she is seeing....very thought provoking.

Nice job on the clouds, too. I would never have thought of having that reddish color but it really makes them seem like they are reflecting their surroundings.

Very nice!

amaze_1101
09-05-2004, 02:22 PM
There's just one more thing you need to do...

Wrap it and send it to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Its perfect! :clap: :clap: :clap: