PDA

View Full Version : All American......corn...

Juls
09-01-2004, 02:01 PM
I have this flag wind sock hanging from a tree in my front yard that is in view of my kitchen sink. I must stare at it a lot. I was laying in bed the other nite when I had this FABULOUS idea of how to make it a focal bead....

(Did I mention that the idea was FABULOUS!?) :rolleyes:

I had to laugh when this came out of the kiln..I haven't even cleaned it yet but wanted to share where this "FABULOUS" notion ended up.

Looks like it oughta be wearing those corn on the cob handles that poke in either side of the ear, don't you think?

~Juls

GardenGirl1002
09-01-2004, 03:18 PM
Juls- I actually think the bead is pretty nice. It's really well executed at least! I guess it does look like a colorful corncob, though. This made me laugh, because I get all of my "Fabulous" ideas laying in bed awaiting sleep too!! I even keep a notebook beside my bed for such ideas. Some come out okay, but a lot really fail and so they just stay fabulous inside my own head.

*Naos*
09-01-2004, 03:27 PM
LOL!!

Juls, honestly, it's not that bad. The dot execution is wonderful! :)

Am

Juls
09-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Kristen, Thanks for commiserating! This idea is still fabulous in my head...If I can just figure out the right way to achieve it. :)

Am, maybe I'll change my sig tag to "maker of well executed corn on the cob"

lol..what a glass epitaph that would be :p

~Juls

!Karen
09-01-2004, 04:58 PM
All American Corn! That's great! It's a nice bead, you did a great job on it!

Don't you hate how something is so visable in your mind, and even the steps you're going to take to get there, and then pfffttt....................crash and burn. I do that all the time.

But this is a good job, those dots are solidly on there, I like that!!

GinaJ
09-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, nice dots!!!!! :clap:

Juls
09-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Karen, I now have visions of a "food found at a July 4th bar-b-que" set dancing in my head; all in rwb of course. LOL. Hey, being a military wife, I bet I know plenty of people that would love it!

Thanks for the compliments on my flag gone corn....
but I can't take the bead seriously. I feel like I should be hunting for it's "shuck" every time look at it. :D

~Juls