PDA

View Full Version : Finished jewelry - September

Lapislazuli
09-01-2004, 12:20 PM
:clap: :clap: :music: :music:

Hi to all, the spring in my country is arriving, and is full of positive energies and will be first in showing finished jewerly of the month of September. I love the spring and the summer !yuupiiiii!

Kiss, kiss and kiss, :wave: Lapislazuli

ctseibels
09-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone-
I have not posted in forever....so thought I would contribute to this thread.
We are moving into fall here in SC(kind-of!). All of the crummy weather and storms we have had make it seem like fall is coming, anyway. I know it's not spring that's coming for sure! I have been trying to "tone it down" a little bit, as I am a color freak. But I am having fun with some colors I don't normally work with. Here are two of my most recent creations: Merlot Chihuly and Fiery Orchid. (Yes, that is a real orchid....I couldn't possible make that!)
Let's see some more finished jewelry!

CalamitysClan
09-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Ok, I never post pictures and I was reminded that when my WC newletter reminded me that I have made ZERO contributions to the image library. One day I hope to be brave enough to post pictures of just beads but until then I can post a picture of a bracelet I just put up on my website. Dark ivory with sis bead on a Connie Fox tutorial inspired bangle.

PEtra
09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah ... never saw such a thread before ... GREAT ... just in time for me ... as ... well, see for yourself ... my latest bracelet.

@Lapilazuli: I really do like the style of the BROWNIES.

@ctseibels: WEW ... like hunting frisbees at the beach. So funny!

@Cala .............. flower: *sings* ... like a virgin ... hey ... just for the very first time. You should share your stuff more often. NICE!

I better get going ... just heard DH Bernd at the fridge ... hmmmm jummy ... vanilla ice ...............................

CU,

PEtra

lepoppet
09-01-2004, 02:56 PM
This is my first bracelet. I made it with my "Cornucopia" Bead set. I was going to send it to my sister for her birthday...But.....Hmmmm. Looks like I'll be making another one soon.

Maria

Nicole Carlson
09-01-2004, 05:59 PM
This is my first real ‘Jewelry’ piece in a long time. Made up for the Molten Obsessions Show.

This Piece is titled ‘Oceanic’. I really miss the Ocean and often dream of the crash of waves and the smell of salt air.

Sculpted Hollows & Solid Nuggets in Pale Aquamarine & Pale Emerald Green. Accompanied by Karen Silver and Freshwater Pearls. Asymmetrical design with loosely woven elements. 56 cm

tamjai
09-01-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm loving what i see here today -
lapis - that first bracelet is great, the 'Merlot Chihuly' is blowing my mind and petra - those beads....sigh, they're lovely
calamity, maria and nicole - you really should post those pieces over in wearable art - they need to be seen! :D
cheers
tam

CalamitysClan
09-02-2004, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to than you for the nice comments and support...and PEtra what beautiful beads! They are striking!

Pat

Becky Mason
09-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Beautiful jewelry everyone. Wish I had time to coment on it all, but I'm taking a short break from getting Lexan shutters on all of our windows to prepare for Hurricane Frances. I'm just north of downtown Orlando, so things don't look too good. I'm getting in my last few doses of WC while I still have power.

I'm going to be a bit of a picture hog to show you some of my things. These were all custom orders. Two bracelets and earrings (using mismatched beads, which is something I do often) made with my animal print beads in tiger, leopard, snow leopard, zebra, cheetah and giraffe. The second set was so much fun to make, but also very challenging. My client had this adorable little skirt with about 9 colors in it, and she wanted a set of lampwork jewelry that included all of the colors. I took a digital picture of the skirt to use as a guide and came up with these colorful lipped lentils. My customer loved the jewelry, which is what makes it the most fun for me.

Becky

theonlyduda
09-02-2004, 09:17 PM
These threads are just so inspiring!!!!! I love all the beautiful pieces so far!!!!!! :) Here is another "Girl Scout Nostalgia" bracelet..... the same macrame I did as a kid with a little extra added.... :D

Bead Safari
09-03-2004, 10:37 AM
I really like this thread!! So much wonderful jewelry! Great stuff, you guys.

I am rushing to get ready for my first Austin Bead Bazaar - starts tomorrow. & I have to drive over and set up. I will have loose beads, and here are three of the necklaces I made yesterday that will go into my finished jewelry items that I always sell (I do about 12 shows a year throughout Texas and LA)

These necklaces have my lampwork beads combined with silver, natural gemstones and other accents.

The large ivory hollows with ss and amethyst glass has freshwater pearls, and amethyst glass spacers.

The double strand has real coral, real turquoise, and my lampwork.

The third strand with the shell has my beads with mostly Hill Tribe silver. My husband has started making me a logo silver clasp with my name on it. (Don't think that shows in the photos)

sgraphics
09-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Well, this is my first bracelet like this ... wouldn't do it for myself and probably won't ever do it again.
It's for a friend's birthday - has charms that remind her of trips she's taken animals she likes and her addiction (COKE). Oh, a few of MY beads.

dgg112
09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
WOW!! I want one of everything!!!! :clap:
This is always one of my favorite threads to see what can be done with all those beads!!! :)

DonnaBee
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
For goodness sake everyone! This is all just outstanding!!!! Thanks for posting all these! Only four days into the month and it's already one of the best glass showcase jewelry threads!

emmadogdesigns
09-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Great work! I love seeing how creative everyone is...so many ideas I never would have thought of!

I keep telling myself I need to get on it and make some more stuff, but these last days of summer are making me veeeerrrrry lazy :p

I did manage to crank this little charm bracelet out yesterday. I wanted to use up some beads I had made in turquoise and coral, and wanted to keep the bracelet natural (very hard for me since I am a crystal addict!). Hopefully it will sell...I gotta start saving for a better kiln!!

TheBlueBetween
09-05-2004, 01:40 AM
great start to the month everyone :) Here are my first two pieces for September:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/27814-1purpbracelet.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/27814-1sandbracelet.jpg

WiredWomanDesign
09-05-2004, 01:57 AM
This is always one of my favorite threads. Lovely work everybody! Here's a new "fauxpal" bracelet I just made:

TheBlueBetween
09-05-2004, 02:18 AM
This is always one of my favorite threads. Lovely work everybody! Here's a new "fauxpal" bracelet I just made:

Hey Susan B! Nice bracelet :) AND! I've been meaning to show you this! Recognize these beads????!!! These are the first lampwork beads I ever bought and what got me into making them myself- and that's what I tell everyone who compliments me on this bracelet -which I wear all the time!
Thought it might bring back memories for you :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/27814-susanb-bracelet.jpg

Nite :)
Pam

manda j
09-05-2004, 11:19 AM
I've been into earrings, turtles and fishies. Hard to see the fish- they roll over too much on my scanner! Sorry...

WiredWomanDesign
09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Hey Susan B! Nice bracelet :) AND! I've been meaning to show you this! Recognize these beads????!!! These are the first lampwork beads I ever bought and what got me into making them myself- and that's what I tell everyone who compliments me on this bracelet -which I wear all the time!
Thought it might bring back memories for you :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/27814-susanb-bracelet.jpg

Nite :)
Pam

Hey Pam! Thanks for showing me what you made with those beads. I'm thrilled that I was perhaps part of the inspiration for you to start making your own beads!!

justdeb
09-05-2004, 03:49 PM
WOW! Everything looks really great! I've got to learn how to do one of those bangles. This is my first finished piece for September. I call it "Snoqualmie".

TheBlueBetween
09-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Here is another one from me that I just finished up :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/27814-1pinkgreenbracelet.jpg

dgg112
09-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Here is another one from me that I just finished up :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/27814-1pinkgreenbracelet.jpg

WOW everything is just beautiful!!!
BUT PAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I've got to tell you I"m a sucker for pink!!!! LOVE the pink and green necklace!!!! :clap:

dgg112
09-05-2004, 08:38 PM
BUT PAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I've got to tell you I"m a sucker for pink!!!! LOVE the pink and green necklace!!!! :clap:

OOPS I mean bracelet!!! duhhhhhhh :o

SirWatson
09-05-2004, 09:43 PM
Wow! What great jewelry! I really like the bracelets that have what looks like 100,000 beads on them. :) I don't know how you guys find the time and have the patience to make such complicated pieces! I want one!!

Karla

TheBlueBetween
09-06-2004, 12:10 AM

Thanks Debbie :) I've gotten a lot of requests for that color combo - it's a fun one!

Lapislazuli
09-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi friends, all the beautiful just, enchant the bracelets to me, the hoops, the necklaces, enchants everything to me. Pam you have patience of Chinese, your just requires it. My just of weekend.

Lapislazuli :wave: :wave:

dgg112
09-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi friends, all the beautiful just, enchant the bracelets to me, the hoops, the necklaces, enchants everything to me. Pam you have patience of Chinese, your just requires it. My just of weekend.

Lapislazuli :wave: :wave:

Great earrings Lapis!!! My favorite is the yellow set. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

greatfindsct
09-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Beautiful everyone! I just love looking at all the designs everyone comes up with :)
Here's a mini charm bracelet, I usually make them MUCH larger, but though simpler would be better for this one :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2004/32278-coolwater.jpg

Lapislazuli
09-07-2004, 10:59 AM
:D
Hi Debbie, thanks for its praises. I had to make 30 pairs of errings for an order. When sleeping, single dream with errings and more errings.

Lapislazuli :wave:

Great earrings Lapis!!! My favorite is the yellow set. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Lapislazuli
09-07-2004, 11:02 AM
:clap:
Hi, beatiful bracelet, a great just.
Lapislazuli

QUOTE=greatfindsct]Beautiful everyone! I just love looking at all the designs everyone comes up with :)
Here's a mini charm bracelet, I usually make them MUCH larger, but though simpler would be better for this one :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2004/32278-coolwater.jpg[/QUOTE]

TheBlueBetween
09-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Beautiful everyone! I just love looking at all the designs everyone comes up with :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2004/32278-coolwater.jpg

You call that a mini? I would love to see what your maxi's are! It's beautiful regardless!

Lapislazuli, great earrings too! Do you make the lampwork as well?

Lapislazuli
09-07-2004, 11:13 AM
:p
Thanks Pam, I´m lampwork.
Lapislazuli

You call that a mini? I would love to see what your maxi's are! It's beautiful regardless!

Lapislazuli, great earrings too! Do you make the lampwork as well?

greatfindsct
09-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks Lapislazuli and Pam....ok, ya wanna see one of my not so mini's...lol here it is :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2004/32278-peacock.jpg

See what I mean? LOL

TheBlueBetween
09-07-2004, 12:51 PM
See what I mean? LOL

Oh yes - now I do! It's wonderful too - but it must take days to wire all those up! Thanks for sharing :)

Becky Mason
09-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Pam,

Your bracelets are absolutely gorgeous :clap: :eek: , but I'm afraid I'd end up with one arm longer than the other after wearing one. I just wouldn't have the patience to make something that complex. If I spend more than 30 minutes on one of my bracelets, it is because I change my mind about the design and I re-do it. Instant gratification is waht I'm looking for. Guess that is why I love making lampwork beads so much. You can have a finished little piece of art in 5-30 minutes.

Becky

dgg112
09-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Question for Jen and Pam
If you don't mind me asking,
for the base are you using a chain or a beaded piece of beadalon (just for example) and then adding to it??
They are just so lovely!!! and when you're new like me and have allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those beads that aren't exactly the same size what a great way to use them!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

greatfindsct
09-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi Debbie :) Thanks for the compliment :) Well sometimes I use sterling wire and wire all the beads together, and sometimes I use chain and wrap around the links. I never did it with beadalon though. I don't think that the charms would hang right off of beadalon. If you do want to try these bracelets, get ready for some calouses though because doing 70 or more wire wrapped charms can give them to you! LOL

dgg112
09-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi Debbie :) Thanks for the compliment :) Well sometimes I use sterling wire and wire all the beads together, and sometimes I use chain and wrap around the links. I never did it with beadalon though. I don't think that the charms would hang right off of beadalon. If you do want to try these bracelets, get ready for some calouses though because doing 70 or more wire wrapped charms can give them to you! LOL

I can imagine!!! That wire is tough!! My wire wrapping is pretty sucky!! lol but after 70 that would be plenty of practice huh????
Your bracelets are really beautiful, thanks for the info.

Jacinthe
09-08-2004, 09:28 AM
I posted the beads before when I finished the set, now I"m gonna share with you the bracelet and earrings I made with them.

The focal beads are dented lentils made with champagne glass with goldstone frit inside, then just accent beads in transparent grass green and transparent medium topaz. Strung with czech glass.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/20424-8sept1.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

TheBlueBetween
09-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Question for Jen and Pam
If you don't mind me asking,
for the base are you using a chain or a beaded piece of beadalon (just for example) and then adding to it??
They are just so lovely!!! and when you're new like me and have allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll those beads that aren't exactly the same size what a great way to use them!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mine is just base beads strung on fireline and has lots of fringe and was inspired by a bracelet I bought from Stephanie Sersich - but for whatever reason I just couldn't get my beads to look right with the waxed linen. And I felt bad using her method without taking her class. (http://www.sssbeads.com/)

Kate McKinnon's garden bracelet is the base beads strung on soft flex and the fringe is tied to the base beads. She has a great book describing her techniques. http://www.katemckinnon.com/

You could do a spiral rope of seed beads and then embelish the core with fringe... or you could use a chain - though I always wonder how you would clean it when it tarnished... or maybe it wouldn't matter.

Here is a connie fox tutorial for a charm bracelet: http://www.lapidaryjournal.com/jj/charmbracelet.cfm

Hope you find a way that works for you!

:) Pam

WiredWomanDesign
09-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I'm on a roll with finished jewelry. Here's a necklace I just finished with leaves. Altho' after reading the GREAT tutorial on leaves, I think I will have to go and make a whole bunch more. The necklace has beads with gold leaf, leaf shaped beads, and African amber. This is one I just finished for a fund-raising auction for my alma mater.

AlaskaBarb
09-09-2004, 03:16 PM
It's the end of summer here, and folks are picking berries and harvesting fruit.

After finding some **extra-sparkly** moss-green Bullseye aventurine, I made a leaf and blackberry necklace.
--
The berries are so dark, I had to really blast the photo for them to look anything but black. Hope you can see the sparkles.

Barb

Adriana_S
09-09-2004, 06:12 PM
AWESOME stuff everyone!! I can't stand to leave summer behind (not that we really do in Texas but society still dictates that we MUST change the colors we wear. . how silly!) I mixed my beloved pink with some very "Fall-ish" beads here. . . super easy super chunky and I love it because both bead styles have flat edges so it lays very comfortably!

PEtra
09-10-2004, 09:14 AM
@Adriana_S: ... and you are sure ... THOSE beads are lampworked ones?!? STUNNING!!!

PEtra

Adriana_S
09-10-2004, 09:59 AM
@Adriana_S: ... and you are sure ... THOSE beads are lampworked ones?!? STUNNING!!!

PEtra

oh my gosh no. . the green ones are not. . only the pink. .if I could make beads that look like those green beads I'd be one rich lady (I think!?)
:cool: :wink2:

lsking
09-10-2004, 10:39 AM
I am just blown away by everyone's gorgeous jewelry! I have the patience of a gnat, so just simple stringing is enough to make me crazy, but here are a couple I did a few weeks ago.

PEtra
09-10-2004, 10:57 AM
oh my gosh no. . the green ones are not. . only the pink. .if I could make beads that look like those green beads I'd be one rich lady (I think!?)
:cool: :wink2:

hehehe ... you would Adriana_S ... I'm sure you would ... at least I would be your first customer ... :wink2:

Anyway: THANKS, for answering in such a fast time. NOW I can enjoy my week-end torching without squeezing as a maniac to get THESE GREEN results ... :evil:

Cheerio,

PEtra

Becky Mason
09-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Adrianna,

Your bracelet is gorgeous, and I think you could make beads that look like the faceted jasper. With all the frit you have, just mix up some earth tones, and roll a barrel shaped bead in the frit. Then take a flat tool and heat an area of the bead and flatten it; then heat another area and flatten it. Keep doing that and you will end up with a bead that looks like a faceted stone. I've done this before and it isn't difficult at all. Give it a try - you can do it!!

Here are a few pieces that I made this past weekend while Hurricane Frances was blowing through. I wasn't able to go into my studio for about 2 days to make beads, so I decided to make jewerly instead. There wasn't a whole lot of things to do, and I was stuck inside, so I made the best of it. I have a show in December at the very exclusive Lake Nona Country Club, so I'm getting ready with inventory.

WillowMajestic
09-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Adriana, I absolutely love your bracelet! I like how chunky it is, yet flows well. Even the contrast in colors is great with the 'frit like' texture to bring them all together. Well Done :clap:

Kari

Adriana_S
09-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys!!! It really means a lot as I am NOT the jewelry making expert that you guys are. I rarely make a piece like I said and this one just fell in my lap. For that I can't take credit. . I'll only take credit for not being so lazy as to just let inspiration go . . . which I've been known to do on occasion!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

You make me wanna make more! I think I'll grab a bunch of beads, lampworked and not, and throw them on a table to see what jumps out at me next!!!! :evil: :D

Emily NZ
09-11-2004, 06:13 AM
I seldom make up any bead jewellery apart from wire wrapped pendants. Tonight it all came together and I made up this boro autumn leaf necklace.
There are my boro leaves and a couple of my beads, some bought glass beads, copper and gold filled beads.
Emily

dananichols
09-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Wow - everyone's stop is just drop dead gorgeous!!

Here is a bracelet I made - inspired by Stephanie Sersich style. I found an old article with directions for her knotted bracelet then made a few changes to it. Lampwork beads are mine.

Thanks for looking!

boobiebeads
09-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Well this is my first posting to finished jewellery. I usually just post to the beads showcase. I make the beads and my Mom (and wine drinking partner) makes the jewellery.

I have decided to try and sell some on Ebay and see how it goes. I :clap: anyone who assembles the jewellery. I find it one of the hardest things I have ever done. I enjoy making the beads but man oh man I leave the assembling to my Mom.

Have a great day and thanks for sharing. :D

Lapislazuli
09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
:clap:

Hi friends, great works made the this month,
Sue, beautiful bracelets, mainly the blue one.
Masón, also great work, the green bracelet, the last one is fascinating.
Emily, beautiful necklace, special for the autumn.
Boobie, its bracelet produces joy to me. Colors of the summer, and that in my country is arriving.
Here something of my work.

Lapislazuli :wave:

AlaskaBarb
09-14-2004, 09:32 PM
I seldom make up any bead jewellery apart from wire wrapped pendants. Tonight it all came together and I made up this boro autumn leaf necklace.
There are my boro leaves and a couple of my beads, some bought glass beads, copper and gold filled beads.
Emily

Emily, I love the encased leaves. Beautiful effect.

Great stuff from everybody, really. Makes me feel unworthy, to be in such great company.

Barb

Shawn T.
09-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Beautiful Jewelry!
I do mostly finished jewelry but seem to only take pic of my beads. Since I just took these this morning I thought I would share. Plus with my big show coming up in just over two weeks, I don't have much time to take pic and post them.

Shawn

Patricia'sglass
09-21-2004, 12:29 PM
I just love looking at this thread every month and today I have something to contribute! My first catapillar bracelet. I went through 3 different threads and don't really like any of them but I liked the nymo size D the best. They all shread even with beeswax. Anyway, I've been doing some wire wrapping too. Woops, the full pic of catapillar ended up on the bottom :D

PEtra
09-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Hello everybody,

I've just finished a pendant for my mother. I'll name it "ANGELFLOWERS". What I like most are the light-colored blossoms ... they look kind of innocent.

@pattym: How long does it take to make such a weird bracelet?!? Doesn't it take you forever? Before finishing such kind of job I would kill my neighbour ... with the patience I got ... :rolleyes:

PEtra

Patricia'sglass
09-21-2004, 09:47 PM
PEtra, I love your pendant. :D The name is perfect. Those bead caps are beautiful - where did you find them? It does take forever to make a catapillar bracelet. It must have hundreds of loops. If I had known I probable wouldn't have mad eit but maybe next time I'll be able to work faster. It feels really good on the wrist.

PEtra
09-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Good Morning ... PattyM ... and THANKS ... :wave:

HALSTEAD or FIREMOUNTAIN ... this is were I got the beadcaps. They are absolutely great to work with as they are strong ... you can't kill 'em that easy with your "toys" ... it's important for a beginner like me ... :wink2:

... hundreds of loops?!? That makes me shiver. I wouldn't even move my hand when wearing .................. with new stuff I'm always frightened to loose it. Ok - ok ... different story ... but it just popped up in my mind.

Better get going walk the dog,

PEtra