PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Flowers Quickie

meowmeow
09-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Took home one of the centerpieces from the wedding Sunday. Did this real quickie on Art Spectrum blue 1/2 sheet. It's not great but it was fun and at least I was painting! :D Don't know what most of these flowers are. They are really nice in real life...not sure I did them justice. So on that note, C&C welcome. :D
FOrgot to add that they are in a galvanized aluminum container which I haven't gotten at all.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/15050-P1010001.JPG

Thanks!

Sandy

Deborah Secor
09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Sandy, I love that you painted the flowers from the wedding! I think the one pale rose that's looking right at me is the center of interest. Your gestural approach is pleasing, very loose and nice, but I wonder if you might not enhance it by glazing over the background a bit more, just to quiet it down and let the flowers sing!? When I use my thumb to cover up the white flower that's the farthest one up in the right hand corner the circular flow is nicer--not quite so square. Try it and see what you think!

Paint on, my friend... :D

Deborah

K Taylor-Green
09-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Very nicely done, Sandy. What a keepsake this will make.

meowmeow
09-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Deborah, do you mean the whitish one at the top?
I didn't do a sketch before I did this....interesting. I haven't done a painting without doing a sketch in a long time and I think it shows. I probably would have picked up on that...if it's the one I think you mean I think you are right. Probably about the background too...it sort of blends into the flower edges too much.
Thaks for the input!

DGrau
09-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Nice loose work...enjoyed seeing this
David

Khadres
09-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Lots of vitality in this one, Sandy. If it were me, I'd darken the background and brighten/lighten the blossoms to bring 'em out more, but it's lovely the way it is, too!

binkie
09-01-2004, 07:24 PM
What a lovely painting, and it will always bring to mind such special memories.

gwen

meowmeow
09-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone. My daugher just stopped by and saw it and liked it a lot! Kind of surprised me! :D
My plan at the moment is to tone down the background and probably get rid of that upper right flower. And then leave it be.
Thanks again!

Sandy

meowmeow
09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Boy, was Deborah right or was she right?!?!:D That flower had to go!
Anyhow, done for now but C&C welcome.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2004/15050-P1010001.JPG

Sheesh...I am always so surprised at how much it loses..so it goes. But it is nicer in person. Most lights and darks. Just looks better. Oh well.

prestonsega
09-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Very nice....I like your loose style...the flowers all read well.

DGrau
09-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Looks better without that flower..she has good eyes.
Nicely done Meow
D.