PDA

View Full Version : lovely bones

paloma
09-01-2004, 08:48 AM
Hi All,
Just thought I would drop this in before I fly off for a while!
painted from a B/W photo about 10 yrs ago - so he doesn't look like this anymore!! Mostly I used to paint from life in weekly classes but this is a one off - my husband hates it; maybe he's :envy: !!! I know it's canson but the pastels were a mix approx 10 X 14 CC welcome - I know the foot looks odd tried removal but looks weird ! Cheers Alexandra :)

meowmeow
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
I like this! Maybe hubby is jealous! :D Can't help with the foot but maybe one of our people drawing experts can.
HAve fun flying!

Sandy

K Taylor-Green
09-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Aww, I can see where hubby might be jealous. :D Great job on this, Alexandra.

bnoonan
09-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Wonderful job!!! Love the color and the drawing and the shadowing and the bones of course!! - muscles too!!!

Have to say I get the exact same reaction when I bring home pieces like this.... Although the woman models don't seem to get the same response.

Barb :)

Dark_Shades
09-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Great body pose, and lovely skin tones...... set off perfectly against the green, really lovely piece..... agree about the feet, just a bit more colour in places would work.... the thigh muscle on the right looks a bit odd, appears to be a very tall person

nice one..... like it

Kathryn Wilson
09-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi - hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. I like this a lot - I like the strokes, the skin tone, the color of the background - but I have to agree with Dawn that whole right leg seems to be off.

DGrau
09-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Glad you pulled this out of your archives........enjoyed seeing this
My workshop will be opening again soon..hope I get a few pieces as good as this, this time around
enjoy your trip
David

Khadres
09-01-2004, 07:06 PM
Very nice, but the pose makes me hurt just looking at it! LOL If I had to stay in that position for more than 30 seconds, I'd need major help gettin' up again! You did a great job on it tho!

paloma
09-02-2004, 03:13 AM
Just popped in before I go .Thank you Sandy, Kate, Barb, Dawn, Kat, David & sooz for you kind & interesting observations. Yes I agree about the feet & thigh just shows how we need to be reminded about getting proportions & angles working together!!
I certainly would have to be hauled up after sitting in that pose for even 5 mins sooz!! but it was a photo so the model probably did a few walkabouts between.
Thanks again,so lovely to have you guys & gals to share with

See You in a couple weeks. Cheers, Alexandra :cat:

soap
09-02-2004, 03:48 AM
Beautiful!! Great job. I can see why he hates it......I would not like one of myself either and am sure my hubby would not.......

The foot is tricky, it is a very difficult angled and foreshortened position. It does not bother the rest of the pic though. Great piece!