PDA

View Full Version : American Patriotism!

sajemak
10-19-2001, 01:03 AM
Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I have posted, but I have been very busy with my business. However, in light of the recent tragedy in our country, I wanted to share a simple painted pin that I have made recently.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Oct-2001/American_Heart_Pin.jpg:crying:

leesmith
10-19-2001, 09:06 AM
Hi Samantha,

The pin is really lovely and the design unique! Can artists pitch designs to jewelry manufacturers? I can just see your pin in all kinds of varieties: enameled or covered over with rhinstones.

What kind of materials did you use?

sajemak
10-20-2001, 08:49 PM
Hi Lee,
I have no idea about jewelry stores, but I can tell you what I used....I constructed the pin out of 140lb. watercolor paper....glued a pin to the back, painted it with acrylics, and sealed it with a glossy spray. Not as durable as wood, but sometimes it is a nice alternative.

tammy
10-20-2001, 11:02 PM
I really like this Samantha. The way you did the folds of the flag is so good.

TeAnne
10-21-2001, 09:25 PM
I like this design very much. But, (yes a but, sorry). I would do away with the text. The US flag is so well know that you dont need it. Let the flag say it all.
Unless text is formatted correctly, it becomes tacky.

Would you consider doing up other country flags?
Im' interested in having you make an Australian one for me, in the same style.
You just might be onto a money maker here. Good luck.

sajemak
10-26-2001, 02:41 AM
Hi Teanne
I would love to do one for you! Do you have a picture of an Australian flag that you can send me? Or I can look it up!:p

TeAnne
10-26-2001, 06:50 PM
Hi Sam, thanks for getting back to me :)
Here is an Aussie flag site I hope is helpful
http://www.flagaustnat.asn.au/index.htm
Please let me know the cost and postage?

sajemak
10-29-2001, 02:40 AM
Teanne...

I forgot to ask if you wanted your pin made out of wood or the watercolor paper...? :)

TeAnne
10-29-2001, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by sajemak
Teanne...

I forgot to ask if you wanted your pin made out of wood or the watercolor paper...? :)

Wood please :D
And the cost?

sajemak
10-30-2001, 02:50 PM
Then wood it is!!!! And I'll tell you what....you tell me what the pin is worth to you, and that will be the price.....(really!) :) Because I don't know what the going rate for pins are! LOL

Oh! Plus shipping of course!:D

Samantha

TeAnne
10-30-2001, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by sajemak
Then wood it is!!!! And I'll tell you what....you tell me what the pin is worth to you, and that will be the price.....(really!) :) Because I don't know what the going rate for pins are! LOL

Oh! Plus shipping of course!:D

Samantha This idea might work....How about I send you something from Aussieland?

sajemak
10-30-2001, 04:14 PM
It's a deal then! :D