PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At, Wednesday 9/01

Oskadis
09-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Good Morning *YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN*

1st of September and 7 C this morning ... if that is not already Autumn I dunno.. was freezing when I climbed out of bed.

I guess it's time for me to start thinking about autumn inspired jewelry and not let the time of the year drag me down :)

My bf is hopping over from the NL tomorrow, so I will be busy this evening cleaning up the mess I have on the kitchen table (beads metal lace bits - the usual stuff ;) ) Let's hope I can sleep tonight - the 2 martens living in the neighborhood have been keeping me awake.

Have a nice day!

Gingerbiscuit
09-01-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi Karen, and all who follow! :wave: Yes, summer is over - I don't think it ever really started here. LOL! I love autumn. Such gorgeous colours when the trees turn.

I hope you are all safe from Frances. It must be so scary to be threatened by the weather.

I am enjoying the Chinese Auction very much, but I didn't realise what a time commitment it would be! Or how addictive! It is a lot of fun, and I plan to do this at Christmas with my family.

Have a great day! :)

Andee
09-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi Karen and Lynne and Latercomers! ;)

I'm feeling a bit better today after a good night's sleep. Thank you, Pam, Nancy, and Barry for your encouraging words!

It's a sunny day here, I really should clean my windows to let the sun in a bit! ;)

Have a great day, everybody!

beclectic
09-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi Y'all,

I'm at work early today and am just goofing around on WC. I seem to be following Lynne around the forums this morning. Hi Lynn! :wave:

I am so tired. That CA is making me stay up late, its not my fault. LOL

Karen, The work table in my room needs cleaning too, would you like to stop by and spiff it up for me? It really isn't too bad as I cleaned it up just before I made the Ladybug Picnic necklace. The table that is really bad is my dining room table, it seats 8 or 10 good friends and the family seems to think this is the ideal place to drop all their junk when they get home. I'd clean it but I have to find it first. :D Maybe I'll do that today when I get home from work but maybe not, I have several pairs of earrings to make and then a whole bunch of old jewelry to work on for a friend.

Somehow when I was thinking about what needed to be done concerning jewelry, I completely forgot about these pieces. Maybe because the idea of converting old costume jewelry clip-ons to post or wires is not my idea of a really good time. Oh well, I promised and she will be paying me to do all this over a period of time. I don't think she realizes how much it is going to be all together.

Gotta' get back to work. I have to write an orientation to our network and IT for a new employee that is starting today. I just remembered that I need to send a director information about a different new employe's passwords and such.

See y'all later,

LLane
09-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Morning all,
Hope you all have sun shining like I do today... :) Should be an interesting day as the men are coming to replace the furnace and I have my work studio in my basement .... all the same room... as they will be working in. I really need to be working today too as I have orders and a show coming up. I didn't get as much done yesterday as hoped because I was dealing with the offer on the house....(it was pitifully low..... and went no where!. :( .... I mean these people wrote in all kinds of MY stuff... like bedding and mirrors.... I'm surprised she didn't write in some jewelry laying around!) :rolleyes:

The doorbell is ringing .... I'm off to let in the workers and get to work myself. Have a great day all!

Peace,
Lois

Beads-Me!
09-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Good morning friends! I'm off to get some work done around the house, get a couple of orders ready and then make a few beads before I head over to Robin's in Holland to work on the Bead Expo coming up October 9th! I'm glad you guys are enjoying the CA. I'm finding it frustrating - I just don't have the time to keep up so I feel way behind. Everytime I try to catch up there's 10 more pages and I can't find the original info everyone is talking about! Oh well - live and learn. Next time I'll just watch.... :rolleyes:

Have a great day all.

Gingerbiscuit
09-01-2004, 09:57 AM
I seem to be following Lynne around the forums this morning. Hi Lynn! :wave:

Hiya Barbara! :wave:

DonnaBee
09-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone~ :wave:

Barbara, did you see me over in the glass lobby, posting there before I even came to Wear It's At? :o I am so ashamed! :cat:

:D

I hope Mary is having a good vacation! Everyone have a great Wednesday. :cool:

toozygoot
09-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Good Morning everybuddy! I'm with you Nancy! Being without a computer for so long and just not feeling up to snuff in general has kept me out of the loop here. I've missed everyone a lot! But today is a perfect New England fall day. Put out fresh bird seed yesterday and the birds are as happy as can be. I never thought I would miss blue jays! I'm going to miss them when we get back to FL!

Lois - I feel for you and the whole business of selling your house. Luckily the two sales we've experienced were fast and easy! But just think! Soon you will be in FL where all you have to worry about are the 'canes!

Nancy - Have a great time at Robin's!

:) :) :) and :wave: :wave: :wave: to all! Have a very creative day!

pat

TheBlueBetween
09-01-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm finding it frustrating - I just don't have the time to keep up so I feel way behind. Everytime I try to catch up there's 10 more pages and I can't find the original info everyone is talking about! Oh well - live and learn. Next time I'll just watch.... :rolleyes:

I'm with you Nancy - I read something, come back 20 minutes later (because I got dragged off to play candy land or something) and then I come back and whatever the topic is is long gone. The pages and pages of numbers are nutty!

Well it's raining today - surprised me at 5 AM when it woke me up - it was so beautiful yesterday I never thought today would be like this. I guess fall is here with it's unpredictable weather.... I can't beleive it's September!

Lois I'm sorry your offer was no good. Who the heck writes in BEDDING into an offer???? I guess you should take it as a compliment? I can only assume you've got a great decor going on in there...

Andee, I'm glad you had a good sleep - it always helps.

Everyone have a great day :)
Pam

DonnaBee
09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Here are some photos I took Sunday night across the street from where we live.

We were trying to see Venus for Jon's homework. It was too cloudy to see it.

So here are some photos I got instead! That's Jon's hand.

I am a very amatuer photographer and I want to keep practicing and get better. I am using Sony Mavica CD500 and Paint Shop Pro 8.

beclectic
09-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi everyone~ :wave:

Barbara, did you see me over in the glass lobby, posting there before I even came to Wear It's At? :o I am so ashamed! :cat:

:D

I hope Mary is having a good vacation! Everyone have a great Wednesday. :cool:

Ha! Yes I did, because I was there right behind you. :D

You put the word 'ashamed' and a cat in the same sentence. Two thoughts that make no sense together. I have never met a cat who was ashamed about anything. LOL

It's OK, you ended up here. :D :clap:

Barrie
09-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Good morning (afternoon, whatever!). Quick fly by today, gotta go to Vancouver to get my Mom's medications straightened out. They've put her on a low dose of morphine for pain, and it's muddling her memory up (no surprise, it wasn't great to start with!). So today I'm taking all her meds to the pharmacy and they're going to blister pack them so she knows what to take when and will notice if she's missed any. Days of the week, she has no problems with (she reads the newspaper like a fanatic), so hopefully she'll be back on track with those. She starts a new round of chemotherapy in two weeks, so we want her diabetes numbers evened out by then (it would help if she'd quit drinking soda, but I highly doubt that will hapen - yeesh!). Anyway, I have a migraine today, so not too chatty (yeah right!). Have fun everyone, Lois, take it as a compliment that they love your decor! Too bad they won't get to enjoy it with that pitiful bid! :wave: :wave: :wave: to everyone!

Andee
09-01-2004, 01:41 PM
You put the word 'ashamed' and a cat in the same sentence. Two thoughts that make no sense together. I have never met a cat who was ashamed about anything. LOL

Barbara - you obviously didn't know my cats! ;) A very very long time ago I caught Piri peeing into a bucket, and she was SO ashamed of that! It was so cute in a way, all you could see were her ears peeping out of the bucket, and then suddenly there was this watery noise... She was so embarrassed!! :cat:

DonnaBee
09-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Barbara and Andee ROFL! ...embarrassed cat ;)

Hi Barrie! I hope your migraine is over soon! Keep taking good care of mom, you are doing a really good job!

I am going to get one of those pill sorter box things for DH's meds, he often can't remember what he took. I have to pick one of those up soon! He is very good about taking his pills (thank goodness) but he honestly forgets from day to day.