PDA

View Full Version : S&T, Wednesday September 1

Oskadis
09-01-2004, 04:27 AM
Wohoo! I get to start this thread again :wave:

I seem to be stuck with chokers atm - although I started on a yoke collar, so I guess this will be the last one for a while :wink2:

Black cluny lace, vintage czech beads and silverplated filigree beadcaps.

Andee
09-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Karen - pity the pic is so dark, it almost looks as if the lace is black and red...? I like the front section, but not so much the sides - I dunno, the "chainparts" look a bit out of place... Soz... :)

Here's my work for today: freshwater pearls in white and aubergine! Grrr for my camera being unable to bring out the nice purplish shimmer on the dark pearls...

TurtleBay Jewelry
09-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Karen~

I definitely get a victorian/period feel to your choker designs. Very interesting indeed!

Andee~

Beautiful and delicate my friend! And don't fret over the camera...in the reflective spots on the dark pearls, I can definitely see the hints of purple. Very pretty!!

~D.

kyyardlizard
09-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Beautiful work....I love the pearls...
Here is what I've been working on and have finally finished...

kyyardlizard
09-01-2004, 09:56 AM
The date on my camera is wrong...it hasn't taken me that long to complete this necklace...

toozygoot
09-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh it's so good to be back to seeing all that's here!

Karen - dramatic!

Andee - delicate!

Paula - delicious!

All of these gorgeous!

Here's my offerings for this past week's work! One thing you can't tell from my scan is the juicy orange coloration of the top beads. Forgot the gem name but they are luscious!

pat

DonnaBee
09-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Gasp Paula!!!! I love that! I really, really love it! It's me!

Beautiful day as usual everyone else. Truly!

JAM Creations
09-01-2004, 11:06 AM
I see I'm not the only one who is on a necklace kick--lovely work, everyone! I especially like the "Stephanie-style" neckpiece! Another one from me--purple lampwork beads (mine), crystals & seed beads.

TurtleBay Jewelry
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Double posting the finished Spiny Knot in case someone misses it over in the WIP thread! ;)

I think it turned out really well, I'm quite pleased with it. The only thing I'd do differently next time is not use two different colored perle cottons. I prefer the clean lines of just a single color. Ahhh well. Work at it and learn as you go! ;)

It's definitely all me though. The shell buttons, shell pieces, blues, greens and a bit of purple. It's totally soothing.

Anyhoo...here ya go!

~D.

toozygoot
09-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Danielle - I just saw your bracelet in the other thread and had to get up to do something. Came back and saw more of it here in this thread! Great job! I really love the look of the colors and combo's! And this is your first?!?!?!?

Jodie - I love the way your coiled your beads around like that and brought the clasp to the front! Very nice!

Boy do I need all this inspiration!

pat

Cyndi L
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
Oh, everything is so beautiful today! I've been hung up working on some mixed media pieces and haven't completed my beaded neckpiece yet (posted as a WIP thread). I'm anxious to finish it, but getting sidetracked is ok too LOL!
:)

TheBlueBetween
09-01-2004, 11:28 AM
WOW everyone!!!!! What a great show and tell!!!! Pat I'm glad you are back too - and with beautiful eye candy even! Paula that necklace is FAB!!! I love black and blue together. Danielle, your bracelet is amazing - great job! I have to make a Stephanie something today now because of the two of you. Jodie great job mixing lampwork and seed beads again :) Andee, love the pearls :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Andee
09-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks everybody for the nice comments! :)

Paula - great neckpiece, and a wonderful colour combination!

Pat - yummy, I especially like the orange set!

Jodie - lovely combination of seed beads and lampwork!

Danielle - wow, that bracelet is just as gorgeous as I imagined it to be! Great work! :)

Gingerbiscuit
09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
What fabulous pieces today! Stunning!

Pat, it is so nice to see you back. :) And please tell if you remember the name of the stone - it's gorgeous!

Beads-Me!
09-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Wow! Great eye candy today! Paula - check it out! That turned out just as gorgeous as I thought it would! ;) Pat - it's good to have you back my friend! Nice work everyone...... :)

Juls
09-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Very lovely work today yall!

Paula, that necklace is TDF!! I love the color shading and you have framed that focal perfectly!!
(can I have it!?) :rolleyes: :D
(a girl's GOTTA ask) ;) :angel:

~Juls

Mary Riggs
09-01-2004, 06:29 PM
Everyone's jewelry art is beautiful! I'm really impressed by all the artists that contribute to this site. Here is my latest creation made from Chinese porcelain
beads (the large turquoise oblong beads and the clasp), then #11/0,6/0,8/0. It is my own design takeoff from a Dutch Spiral base. Please let me know what you think about it honestly. I'm feeling my creative juices flowing outside the norm finally and would appreciate any and all comments for critque purposes. THANKS!

TheBlueBetween
09-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Everyone's jewelry art is beautiful! I'm really impressed by all the artists that contribute to this site. Here is my latest creation made from Chinese porcelain
beads (the large turquoise oblong beads and the clasp), then #11/0,6/0,8/0. It is my own design takeoff from a Dutch Spiral base. Please let me know what you think about it honestly. I'm feeling my creative juices flowing outside the norm finally and would appreciate any and all comments for critque purposes. THANKS!

It's BEAUTIFUL and I love the colors!!!!

Juls
09-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Mary,

It is positively gorgeous! I bet it swishes and is comfy to wear. I love how you have embellished the spiral. Wicked cool!

hugs~
~Juls

beclectic
09-01-2004, 08:15 PM

Great design. I like the colors you picked to complement the porcelain beads. Looks like there are plenty of interesting little beadies to look at. I have a question about the closure design. On the spinney knot bracelets I assume that they fit somewhat snugly with a bit of stretch and the tension holds the loop around the button. Is that the case with this bracelet also? Otherwise I would think that the loop would come off the button as the bracelet loosens on your arm when you lay your arm down. Or am I completely wrong?

beadyeyedgirls
09-02-2004, 02:13 AM
One thing you can't tell from my scan is the juicy orange coloration of the top beads. Forgot the gem name but they are luscious!

pat--are they carnelian?

nice work everyone!

i haven't had time to bead in weeks now <sigh>...schedules of 3 little people & my own teaching (only p/t, but...) are taking up all my time. hoping it'll all settle down in the next couple of weeks!

Oskadis
09-02-2004, 04:11 AM
Wow ... I am very impressed.

That stephanie style is tempting ... I bet I could adapt it to my needs :P Let's see if I manage .... after I finish my current projects :wink2:

Gorgeous jewelry all. :clap:

Andee
09-02-2004, 04:47 AM
Mary - that bracelet is gorgeous! I love turquoise anyway, and the combination with that brownish gold is lovely! Great work!

Mary Riggs
09-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Thanks all for your kind responses. Barbara, the button is actually a disk shaped bead.The loop is tricky over a button-type closure so several fittings were used to get the tension just right before I sewed the loop closed the final time. I have already worn this bracelet a few times and was nervous at the beginning for just the reasons you gave, but it held very well.

The colors don't show very well in my picture, but the darker color is a deep wine.

Thanks again for the encouragement! Bye 'till next time :wave:

toozygoot
09-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Mary - That bracelet is just so cool! I love the way you put it all together and the contrasting colored beads to make it pop! It must be fun to wear!

Jessicah - I'm pretty sure they aren't carnelian. I don't remember buying any carnelian. I can't find my sales receipt and Thaigem doesn't have anymore of these listed on their site that I can find.

pat

beadyeyedgirls
09-05-2004, 08:22 PM
hey pat--you're not on st george now, are ya?

we were there for the weekend. left here (tallahassee) fri night, & were s'posed to be there til sometime tomorrow. got word at abt 11 am that wakulla co was under mandatory evac, & since we had to go back through there, we began talking....then heard that the island was due to be evac'd this afternoon.

so we've been home since about 2 & only had a light sprinkling of rain thus far.

hope you're somewhere safe! & hoping frances spares the panhandle...

bdswagger
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
I see I'm not the only one who is on a necklace kick--lovely work, everyone! I especially like the "Stephanie-style" neckpiece! Another one from me--purple lampwork beads (mine), crystals & seed beads.

Love this!

I have a question... the white beads wraped around the purple beads-are these strung on wire so the wrap stays in place?

I know this is an old thread.. hope I get an anwser...

TheBlueBetween
10-28-2004, 03:11 PM
Love this!

I have a question... the white beads wraped around the purple beads-are these strung on wire so the wrap stays in place?

I know this is an old thread.. hope I get an anwser...

it's woven seed beads - called the spiral rope.

Here is a tutorial: http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/aa081201a.htm

JAM Creations
10-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Actually it is an adaptation of that tutorial--I string all the lampwork & seed beads on a Beadalon base with the clasp & crimp, then spiral the white seed beads on with Nymo. A very popular style for me!

Jodie

TheBlueBetween
10-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Actually it is an adaptation of that tutorial--I string all the lampwork & seed beads on a Beadalon base with the clasp & crimp, then spiral the white seed beads on with Nymo. A very popular style for me!

Jodie

Oh cool - do you think it works up faster that way or do you do it that way because it seems stronger?

JAM Creations
10-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Both!! Much stronger & I can whip those babies out! Can't remember if I saw it somewhere (probably) or if I dreamed it up (doubtful!).

Jodie