PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - Show and tell

Virginia L.
09-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Hi, a little early maybe, but I have GOT to go to sleep - I have been so tired since I got back from Edmonton. I started making these beads while I was up there...I call them "Rake and Roll" beads - the one is on eBay right now - and the others will be soon. I love making gravity beads and was pulling one side around and looked at the dots and though, boy these would look great with the one end raked and the other end rolled - so here you have my "Rake and Roll Beads"!!!! really fun to make - Have a GREAT day - Virginia L.

Orca
09-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Beautiful Virginia! The one on the bottom left looks like an abstract goddess, in a pale blue bikini! Cool!

Briatha
09-01-2004, 01:23 AM
WOW Virginia L. your "Rake and Roll" beads are intriguing!

Here's my Winter Garden, Teal Tears and Face in the Sand (Can you see the face?)

Juls
09-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Virginia, Those are beautiful! Don't you love it when you set out to make one thing, and the glass offers a different perspective? :clap:

Briatha, Yes, I see the face. :) Nice sets!

I'm on a dot kick this week...Bullseye purple, black and spring green: "Funkenstein". :p

~Juls

fay
09-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Virginia--I love them! The pink one is my favorite! :D
Briatha--Very cool! I love hunting for images! :cool:
Juls--My favorite color combo right now! It is much better in Bullseye than Moretti. yummy!

Here is WitchyPoo.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

AMR GlassWorks
09-01-2004, 02:07 AM
Morning :mad: I can't sleep!! I'm too excited about my trip today! Guess I'll just show off somemore chintz and some fun ones!
Virginia those are pretty cool!!
Faith those are very pretty!!
Juls I love those colors together and love the dots!!
Fay great witch you snuck in there on me!!
Maybe I'll get some sleep on the plane! :rolleyes: Yeah right!

beadreamer
09-01-2004, 02:08 AM
Virginia, interesting beads
Briatha, love the sets...specially the teal one
Juls, I'm having dot envy...

Fay and Anne...we must have posted at the same time! Beautiful witch and pillow sets.

Here is my contribution...cow earrings and a little halloween set...

AMR GlassWorks
09-01-2004, 02:10 AM
OMG! Are they cute!!!! Love the cows!!

fay
09-01-2004, 02:21 AM
Hi Anne! Have a "funtastic" time at Glassstock!!
love the bright colors and your new series Chintz. I have been missing seeing your Dollies though. :D

Mary~The little kittycats are soooooo adorable! :cool:

Off to sleep. Safe travels!

AlaskaBarb
09-01-2004, 03:25 AM
Beautiful stuff, everybody -- and I love the witchy poo and the cows. Great nostrils. :p

I actually posted this on the tail end of the 'wreaths and spray cheese' thread today, but wasn't sure if anyone would bother to look at it again. This is one of the 'grapevine' brown stringer wreaths (1" Emiko big hole mandrel) decorated with Czech glass leaves and flowers. Just an idea for a Christmas ornament, or whatever ornament. I guess you could put eggs on it and it would be good for Easter.

Barb

KellyD
09-01-2004, 06:33 AM
Barb, I really love the wreath, very creative!

Here's mine for the day.
Have a great day everyone,
Kelly

jeffwelsh23462
09-01-2004, 06:51 AM
love the witch !! :evil:
here are my things.. first a dichroic sea dragon pendant and then a dolphins at play dichroic bracelet also shown 2 dichroic glass rings and a handmade necklace w/ my own pendant and blue beads on it. the dragon and bracelet are on ebay right now, the other 3 will be listed today!

Foofaraw
09-01-2004, 07:08 AM
Virginia ~ those are very interesting and eye pleasing, can't wait to see where you are going to take them!
Briatha ~ that teal tears set is soothing, but I can't see your face!!!
Juls ~ man I envy your dot placement!
Fay ~ witchy poo looks like she was caught off guard, lol! Great Job!
Anne ~ both set are great!
Mary the cow earring are cracking me up, the roses on their heads look like yamakas! (yes I know I spelled it wrong!)
Barb ~ that looks really intersting, did it take a lot of time?
Kelly ~ great job on that frog!
Jeff ~ that dragon pendant is really cool, I know someone who would love it!

First another set using some enamels and then a holiday set.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/19877-Artful-Illusions.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/19877-Holly.jpg

Vangie
09-01-2004, 07:44 AM
Wow!! You guys are awesome!! This is my second set of beads...I made a "tadpole"...it represents me...a newbie to the art of making beads...Soon I'll earn my fins....What do you all think? I see where I have to "fire polish" a little longer. I'm just afraid of misshaping my bead. I'll work on it....
Thanks!
:wink2:

Josie
09-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Beautiful beadies everyone! I love the Christmas frog set! :cool:
More raku frit focals from me today.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/13004-MVC-003F.JPG
This one is my current favorite.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/13004-MVC-004F.JPG

Tracey

tulips
09-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Amazing all of you, as usual! I really like the sea dragon pendant. Vangie, what glass did you use? I love the way the colors look together!

dawnann
09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Boy Everyones beads are Beautiful!! Here are a few of my sets. God Bless and have a great day, Dawn

maureen
09-01-2004, 10:19 AM
here's a few of mine...trying to get ready for best bead....maureen

jeffwelsh23462
09-01-2004, 10:25 AM
here is a lot of 10 handblown lampwork bracelets i made for a special order. :clap:

*Naos*
09-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Ooooh, great stuff today!!

Virginia - VERY creative! I especially like the color usage in the last one
Faith - yes! I can see the face, too! Not sure if it's creepy or not though... LOL I'm undecided...
Juls - Wow! And you haven't gone blind yet? Great color combo and stringer control to make all those dots!
Fay - ~giggle_ I love her - she's grand! Wonder if Melinda will snatch her up?
Anne - That first set is absolutely incredible!!! It's very victorian!
Mary - I love the kitties and cows!!! Are the cows wearing hats?
Barb - wonderful idea - and lots of work, too, I imagine!! I like it!!!
Kelly - OMG, I love the Frog Santa!!!! He's fantastic!
Jeff - there ya go again - I LOVE LOVE LOVE those snake/dragon pendants you're doing!
Jenn - Oooooh, the first set is wonderful! Very mod!
Vangie - :clap: I dig the tadpole!!! :D
Tracey - oh wow... ~jaw drop~ That first bead is GORGEOUS!!!!!
Dawn - CUTE ghost! What colors are you mixing in the green set? I like the effect!
Maureen - Love the idea of using stripe beads for pumpkins!! And I love the ivory pumpkins - so organic! And the focal - well, to die for of course!!

Here's my humble offering...finally pulled out the old cobalt - I haven't used this color in over a year...can't you tell? Had some great fun with enamels, though....hadn't used those in a while either...LOL

Vangie
09-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Krista, I used Ivory on the base bead, then silver folied it. Then I covered it with Silver Green Reduction Frit. All Moretti glass. Thanks!!

:clap:

Vangie
09-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Love that squeeze bead!! :wave:

JavaGirlBT
09-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Wonderful show & tell today! I can't remember if I've posted these already. I hope not. Raku frit on Spectrum 96 almond and then smooshed!

margaretz
09-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Wonderful stuff today everyone! It's been a little bit on WC since I was out of town for the yearly Sister campout... I had a wonderful time and am already looking forward to next year...
Jeff- I love the dighro dragon... what a great twist for those pendants!
Naos- the cobalt set is very nice... I love the variety in texture you've created.
Jen- The painted sets are awesome... I love the directions you're going with them.
Barb- The wreaths you're making are pretty cool... very original idea... I'm sure they'll do very well in the holiday season!

GardenGirl1002
09-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Hello everyone! Such beautiful beads today - the S&T threads lately have just been wonderful! I'm off to get to work - I have a show at the end of this month, and I'm waaaaayyy behind!!
Here's a cone that's trans lavender, twisties, SIS, reduction stringer (that I forgot to reduce), and intense black.
Have a great day!

Iona
09-01-2004, 12:03 PM
There are so many good looking beads today. Ellen your beads look like some kind of stone, agate or maybe a jasper, really nice and like to close up picture. Anne, I love your chintz beads, they are so nice and delicate. And Kelly, I really like your Santa frog and his cute smile, he speaks to me and I had my husband take a peak, he liked him too. I have a cold and it's not winter yet, guess I'll make beads today. Great work. Iona

beadreamer
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Ooooh, great stuff today!!

Mary - I love the kitties and cows!!! Are the cows wearing hats?

Here's my humble offering...finally pulled out the old cobalt - I haven't used this color in over a year...can't you tell? Had some great fun with enamels, though....hadn't used those in a while either...LOL

Not hats but roses on their heads...although they look like hats don't they :D

snootyvixen
09-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Very beautiful work this morning, gang! I wouldn't know where to start if I were to comment on them all, so I'll just show you some of my beads from yesterday - I've been doing the "Bullseye thang" more and more since the Gathering.

I have no idea of the names of these colors, I just have a couple of the sample packs and I haven't been bothered to look up the colors.

(Don't laugh at the names, I'm having such a hard time coming up with names lately!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/14836-b040901.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/14836-b040901_alien_cocoon1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2004/14836-b040901_space_oddity1.jpg

Vikki

lepoppet
09-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Here's my Holloweenies!

Maria

koregon
09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
more raku jitterbug from me.
have a great day everyone! thanks for the gorgeous bead show

*Naos*
09-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Margaret - Thanks! :)
Ellen - Oooooooohhhhh! Now those I like - what a stunning bracelet they would make, with natural gemstones, and wire work... I can see it now...
Kristen - I love how the colors swirl together on that bead - all the different effects are wonderful!!
Mary - Oh! DOH! Roses... I feel stupid now. HA!
Vicki - I adore Space Oddity - it does remind me of Bowie, too! :)
Maria - HELP! I'm blind. I need closeups. Besides, that's just teasing!
Kaye - Gorgeous color shift happening there!!

Am

Helen Simon
09-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Great beads today, BeadMaties! Can you tell we've been watching Pirates?While waiting to share in the bounty of frit so popular now, I found myself fakin' it with blending transparents..heehee. Love, Helen

boobiebeads
09-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Great work everyone! Will I ever get any raku frit... :( . The halloween pieces are so cute but I am not ready for the Christmas stuff, I am going to fight it the whole way to December :wink2:

Anyways more of the last...GRRRR BABY beads. Dark amber, light amber, b/w twistie and silvered ivory, nothing too exciting but I do love them. I was going to post them on Ebay today but my Aunt bought them when she saw the pic I emailed her as I know she love animal print "anything"...shout out to Auntie Em...

GinaJ
09-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Wonderful S&T, everyone!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

littlecrow1
09-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Awesome show and tell! :clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162412&stc=1