PDA

View Full Version : perspective xposted

furrtig
08-31-2004, 11:22 PM
You know, as I look about this particular forum... I reealllllyyyy don't need to be posting here. Talk about intimidating! However, "once more into the breach once more...".. can't get any better without somone telling me their crits.. appreciate any and all comments on how to do a better job.

designbyjen
09-01-2004, 09:44 AM
this is a very classic-feel pose. very universal, i like!
for suggestions...this is a 'hard' pose...but turn the piece upside-down & look @ the chin...seems a bit too bubble shaped. my other suggestion would be to show a bit more...i could see her arm framing herself in any sorta pose. would be nice to see her actual hand in it, but that's just 'me' speak'in there.
it's wonderful to see the variety of mediums & methods everyone is using here ;)
\~~~jen

AFM159
09-01-2004, 11:31 AM
You know, as I look about this particular forum... I reealllllyyyy don't need to be posting here. Talk about intimidating!

Please don't ever feel that way about this or any other forum. We're happy to have anyone, whatever the skill level.

That said. I like the view point. About the only thing that jumps out at me is the chin and possibly the hairline, where the hair meets the forehead. Not sure why, but for some reason, perhaps the angle of view, it looks a little unatural.

Take that for what its worth, as I keep telling people, I draw buildings not people.

Axl
09-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Mmmhmmm I agree about the chin! The idea of turning it upside down is a good one. Sometimes viewing a piece at *any* angle can allow you to point out flaws in the work and give you ideas on how to fix it. Looking at it in a mirror, too, can help since that is just another way to view it too.

I'd suggest maybe trying to seak out images of people in similar possitions? Perhaps a quick google search could find you a few.

Meldy
09-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi! Glad you are here! We love having all artist no matter what their level! We are all here to learn.

I agree with the comments mentioned before. I would like to see the bottom extended a bit.. it would add more to the movement of the pose I believe. But that is just me. :p

I look forward to seeing more!