PDA

View Full Version : ebay slow to react to complaint

Greg Long
08-31-2004, 06:00 PM
I reported this in self representing artists over 24 hours ago....it's still there

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3744145482&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

(I couldn't get the hyperlink to work)

pampe
08-31-2004, 07:00 PM
I also reported that one....

ElizaLeahy
09-01-2004, 04:22 AM
I don't understand - you are surprised by this?

I've written my weekly letter to the ebay team (gave up writing daily). Jennifer did tell me to tell her if anything like this was in the self rep category, so I've given her the link as well.

gails_galleryUK
09-01-2004, 08:50 AM
One of my colleagues on the UK site reported this seller about a week ago. They've done NOTHING.

Antoine
09-01-2004, 08:58 AM
:(

Antoine
09-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Makes me think about using the 'NFP' term in titles for non-featured plus auctions. Yesterday I searched 'nfp'... two featured plus auctions showed up and in the listings it had the red logo nicely explained "NFP means NOT FEATURED PLUS, a search term used..."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20158&item=3744780686

:( :(

surreal
09-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Ebay only seems to respond quickly if the issue being complained about has to do with a loss of money to them.
:rolleyes:

gails_galleryUK
09-01-2004, 10:28 AM
Just spoke to my friend who reported this seller and he tells me that the category manager, Richard says the listings SHOULD be there – because the information contained is also about paintings…..crazy

J.W.
09-01-2004, 02:16 PM
As if we didn't have enough of this sort of "get rich quick for not much work" garbage on tv.

"Yes, friend, you too can live in the lap of luxury. All you need is your very own ATM machine inside a fast food restaurant that already takes debit and credit cards. People everywhere want to give you money for getting to their money, especially when they don't need to.

OR, if art is your thing, you can sell bargain basement reproductions from the comfort of your car's trunk. You're guaranteed success, since these are the same "art" pieces sold at hotel shows and online auctions worldwide, so you have product recognition working for you. People flock to this crap (oops, I meant fabulous collectible art) like there's no tomorrow, so get on the high road to riches today!"

Chaff in the wind, my friends, chaff in the wind. :)

Matt

Paintbrush74
09-01-2004, 09:04 PM
Just spoke to my friend who reported this seller and he tells me that the category manager, Richard says the listings SHOULD be there – because the information contained is also about paintings…..crazy

It's under Self-Representing...a couple of layers below, but still, under Self-Representing. I don't understand the category manager's thinking; that makes no sense. There is nothing self-representing about that, and it only serves to dilute the category. That's just not professional.

On the form, there doesn't seem to be any place to state why you think the category is wrong.

ElizaLeahy
09-03-2004, 05:24 PM
LOL, the advantage of forwarding everything to Pierre - eventually something gets done. (probably too late...)

Hello Eliza,

Thank you for your recent email to Pierre.

I have reviewed your report of listing, item # 3744145482. Appropriate action has been taken in accordance with our listing policies regarding this item, and this seller's listings. This specific item is no longer available on eBay.

J.W.
09-04-2004, 01:17 PM
When I checked that seller's other items, I saw about 15 similar auctions scattered throughout the art category. Have they ALL been terminated, or just the one in SRA?

Matt

ElizaLeahy
09-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Probably only the one complained about as it was an item number we gave them. If we had given them the ID they might have looked further (or we should have).

Do you have the ID?

Rusalka
09-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Eliza, please, how did you do that? :) Who is Pierre?

Thanks!

ElizaLeahy
09-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Pierre is the guy who started ebay isn't he? He is the director of the board anyway. Never answers his own emails, but does get people to answer them for him.

These are the emails I have for the art category. I'm down to writing weekly. Writing daily was getting a bit much :)

Also getting very tired of "we will have something for you next week"

bhebeler@ebay.com
md@ebay.com
lbridges@ebay.com
artacm@ebay.com
pierre@ebay.com

J.W.
09-06-2004, 02:37 PM
Posted by Eliza
Also getting very tired of "we will have something for you next week"

They must use Biblical Standard Time; six days equals an eon or two, so from their point of view they're right on schedule. :rolleyes:

Matt

Rusalka
09-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Short of writing to Pierre, what is the best way to report category violations? If I use the canned form, nothing gets done, probably because I can only list the item numbers and they won't know why I listed them. I need a form which lets me explain what the problem is.

ElizaLeahy
09-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Send it to the addresses I gave. Tell them that when you use the form nothing gets done. Ask if they will please do something about that so you can use the form in future and have confidence in them.

Do this every time you have to report something and they might fix it :)