PDA

View Full Version : Wedding GollyWhollopers!

SharonP
08-31-2004, 01:50 AM
A Wildly Entertaining babe in Australia named Julie (not as W.E. as Donni, but getting there...) is getting married in a couple weeks, and she decided she desperately needed a Wedding GollyWholloper Set to wear on her wrists during the ceremony. This is a standard Australian ritual, right?

So I've been going nuts the last couple weeks doing color & flower samples, making rings, and doing Test Gollys till we got the color combo right. Thank heavens I took Diana East's class two weeks ago, she taught us gold fuming so I was able to do the ring!

So here they are... cute little boogers, eh? I think I'm gonna go into the Wedding Bead business. Next stop: the cow & bull cake topper, wedding dress and tux, and she's holding the chain that goes thru the ring in his nose.
BWA HA hahahaaaaaaaaa! *s*

jamilyn
08-31-2004, 01:55 AM
So cute!! Thanks for sharing your latest creations :D

Virginia L.
08-31-2004, 02:52 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up there in the cute quotient. Sure hope you share the whole thing - would LOVE to see it - Virginia L.

rosemarie23
08-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Now, how in the world will the guests focus on the bride when she has those incredible things on her wrist?? Huh, HUH?

JayneM
08-31-2004, 08:08 AM
Those guys are great, and I love your idea about doing wedding beads. I think they would be very popular with the kind of people who have the entertaining minds. :clap:

Jennifer Geldard
08-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Sharon,
As usual, you're pushing the envelope.. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm getting a sprain in my eyeballs from trying to see them better..
Any chance for a close-up???

-Jen

quill
08-31-2004, 09:20 AM
Well, I knew from the title of this thread it would be entertaining but I agree we need bigger pics! (They do look wonderful!)

Fire Dancer
08-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Sharon,

Where you when I got married? Too late for that... and I'm not looking to trade in the current model...

I think I know what I want for my 13th wedding anniversary.

Maybe we can get Hallmark to change it from tin or whatever to "GollyWhollopers"

Denise

tulips
08-31-2004, 12:44 PM
How adorable! Should have worn something like that at my first wedding, I would then have something left now that I like ! (other than my son of course!). Hmmmm, maybe should have worn something like that at my second wedding? I still have that husband but it would have clued him in earlier about my sense of humor! :evil:

Queen of Tides
08-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi Sharon,
what a riot! Too cool and cute. I would also love to see a bigger pic, just to see the details. The fumed ring is just perfect!

:cool:

boheme'
08-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Awww Sharon - do they have to be just for weddings. They are absolutely adorable. Love the colors. If they're not right for the bride you can send them to me :evil: Great beads.

Deb Cline

Lenda
08-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Dang Sharon, where's the larger pic??? I can't see no gold fumin' from here! :p
They're just rightous to wear on your wedding day!!! Love them, fabulous!!! :D

AlaskaBarb
08-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Well, by golly, with this wholly, I thee wed.

Yeah, bigger pics so everyone can see the fumed gold ring.

Barb C.

SharonP
08-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Cross yer fingies, let's see if this image is better! Can't take another pic, cause they're alreay flying to Australia...

If this one's too small, I'll fiddle around and try again! *s*

!Karen
08-31-2004, 08:20 PM
:music: I can see clearly now!!!!!! :music:

Those are just wonderful.

Jillie Beads
08-31-2004, 08:46 PM
Those are wonderful!!!!!! Jill

hotbeadbox
08-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Ooh Sharon, they're just sooo cute :clap: :clap: !! I know Julie and she will love those !! I can just imagine her looking at them through out the wedding ceremony :D :D

Lily

IDrawInMargins
08-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Cross yer fingies, let's see if this image is better! Can't take another pic, cause they're alreay flying to Australia...

If this one's too small, I'll fiddle around and try again! *s*

Much better! I LOVE THESE! Are they actually going to be used in a wedding?!

RobynT
08-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Sharon...those are soooo adorable!!!! You are the best girl!!!! She's going to love them!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lara
08-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Too wonderful. I love your idea of cake toppers.

Lara

SharonP
09-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Well *BLUSH!* thanks, guys! Yep, she's definitely wearing them during the wedding (hopefully they'll come off for the honeymoon...) Here's what she sent me:

You know those gawd awful things that brides are supposed to dangle off their wrists?? Well.. I have this idea that a couple of Gollies would be a good alternative. And possibly stop me from entirely freaking out with the seriousness of it all. It was supposed to be a low key affair, which is just getting more formal by the day... and yanno.. nothing like a Golly to add a suitible tone to a formal occasion. :)

I really like this babe! *s*

Lori Peterson
09-01-2004, 01:13 AM
OH MY GOSH! Those are fabulous!!!! I like how they look like they are really ready for the honeymoon to begin!

Totally awesome, Sharon!

isle-of-cats
09-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Those are too darn cute!!!

SharonP you rock! :D

Now we need a picture of the Beautiful Bride with them on!!!!

craftylady
09-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Those gollies look great. I think they will be perfect for what she is asking for. I love your work and hope to have a class with you soon.

Laurie

dasi11
09-01-2004, 10:22 AM
After looking at the hurricane update, those beads were a real pick me up. Sharon, I love them......Time for me to get to work.