PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Aug 31 - Show and Tell

Cat66
08-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Woo Hoo! I'm gonna start the thread - it's Tuesday over on the East Coast, right? And I've been working since 8am today, so it's a nice chance for me to take a break. Here's a set I made with Val's Raku Jitterbug...

Cat66
08-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Oh wait! I posted that on the Aug 30 Show & Tell.. Man.. I've been working too long today!! :eek: Oh well.. oops.. maybe I'll post something later that's new.

isle-of-cats
08-31-2004, 01:18 AM
I haven't done S&T for a while...

I used a white base with copper foil and raku frit
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/29828-Copperrakusmall.jpg

This one is a trans cobalt base with silver and raku
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/29828-raku_cobalt.JPG

This one is a black base, silver leaf, purple frit, then raku frit swirled…
***(pretty cool how the purple frit turns green :D )
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/29828-rakulentilsmall.JPG

This one I tried a funky shape, it was inspired by Kimberely Affleck. It is my first attempt at fuming
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/29828-oddshape1small.jpg

These two were inspired by Kimberly too. The lower one is fumed the upper on isn’t
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/29828-Affleckinspiredsmall.JPG

Catherine, I still love that set even if you posted it in another S&T!!!

Juls
08-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Cat, A lovely set worthy of a second look! ;)

Nicole, all of your beads are beautiful. I especially like green one...it looks like a surreal whirlpool reflection of the sun in a fantasy lilypond. (and if part of that is reflection, don't tell me! I love it)

Bullseye pink/black and Lauscha encased copper green/intense black:

Toxey's Treasures
08-31-2004, 02:13 AM
I guess I'll let you guys laugh at these also!!

I am trying to do some Halloween beads, as that is my mom's b'day. I saw some witch's hats on ebay, and also a witch and other things from AMR.

This is my first attempt at a witch, the top of her hat broke off, and well the mouth!!

The first hat I made has already been shown, the second was the red rim and the last the orange/goldstone rim.

Also, trying Raku frit. I needed more heat. I am trying to use the rest of my cannisters since I am getting bulk gas this week.

Virginia L.
08-31-2004, 02:42 AM
Hello, boy, I have missed this - I have been in Alberta for 5 weeks, with my daughter and son-in-law and grandkids...and a new granddog. I LOVE EDMONTON ALBERTA!!! I will post a thread with pictures, when I get some sleep, I am SO tired. Now,... Great show already and it isn't even Tuesday here yet!
WOW Cat, nice beads, very crisp, and the silver caps are wonderful
Nicole, boy, beautiful group of beads, looks like you had a GREAT time, I would have trouble picking out a favorite
Juls - I don't know what to say, I am just in love with your set of beads. It took me forever to have some "dot" control, but I don't know if I will ever make dot beads that even come close to these you posted
Mitchelle, you silly girl - you did a great job. I am SO happy you were able to get your bulk gass, you will really go to town now!!!

I made a couple stars while in Alberta - I could sneak them in one or two at a time, but hey, lets get it all over at once....I put a little dime in there to give some perspective. The star in the center is just a tiny bit under 3". If you count you will see that some of the stars have 12 and even 16 legs...Nothing like being around loved ones to bring out some creativity...I have gotten into using reactive glass for some of my stars, I am really happy with how they turned out - Have a GREAT day - Virginia L.

I added a pic of the big one in my hand, to help show the size - the pic is not really good, but it shows how huge it is.....I won't be having to lift weights anymore, making these, I am getting really strong arms - LOL!!!

GinaJ
08-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Good morning, all!
Cat, I LOVE those beads, they are gorgeous!
Nicole, what a wonderful group of beads!!!!!!
Juls, wow! great dots!!!!
Michelle, you are on your way, those are looking really cute!
Virginia, I was just thinking where have you been??? It's great to see you back, and your stars are unbelieveable!!! So beautiful, I really like the one with the slight twist to it.
Here is some Moretti from me, ink blue and amber:

glass_beads
08-31-2004, 06:27 AM
What's everyone doing up so early? I figured I'd be the one of the first ones in this am...lol. Gorgeous goodies as always everyone! Loving what you're all doing with the raku jitterbug frit and feeling so green with envy over not having any yet. Virginia has obviously switched from making beads to making WMD's. Surely that bead must qualify as a weapon of mass destruction. Who needs mace when they can whop a mugger upside the head with their bead. And I thought the bead I'm showing today hurt my hand to make due to it's size. That bead must've killed your hand Virginia!

Lovelies as usual everyone!

My beads are a Maine Garden which I guess is sort of my specialty. And the set is just a set of simple designs in goldstone on white opalino with etched clear and opalino spacers.

Moonlight Creations
08-31-2004, 06:35 AM
What beautiful "goodies" to wake up to this morning! Nothing for me to post at this time of day, perhaps later this evening! Melissa, I only have white flox in my garden right now :( what's in yours? ~ Sonje

jeffwelsh23462
08-31-2004, 06:51 AM
good mornin' all. here are 3 goodies i made.. enjoy the day! :wave: :p :cool:

KellyD
08-31-2004, 06:58 AM
Wow, another fantastic show and tell.
I just have a few beach things I made. I guess this will be the last of the summer stuff since fall is on it's way...well, not here, but maybe somewhere :wink2:
Kelly

littlecrow1
08-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Ohh this is my fav part of the morning! Coffee and S&T!

Cat- Beautiful! :clap:
Nicole- Nice Work!! :D
Juls- umm ya..ya got my address right?... ;) hehe
Toxy- Sculpture is my favorite! Too Cute!! :D
Virginia- Amazing ! :eek:
Gina- DROOL! your beads rock
Glass Beads- that white set is absolutely stunning!
Jeff- love em! I gotta get me one of your bracelets!
Kelly- ya snuck in on me ...hehe...Love them! Too cute!
Here are some of mine..been working on Halloween goodies..takin break from sculpture and totally enjoying myself..

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161889&stc=1
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161890&stc=1
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=161891&stc=1

kybeadmaker
08-31-2004, 07:38 AM
I am never up this early but due to the coughing and hacking associated with my bronchitis I couldn't sleep....wow this thread is long already, and the beads are beautiful !!!! No torching for me last night...due to the above already mentioned reasons..but two sets I already had made. One is the usual enamels and twisties etc, and the other is a set I made playing with different reduction frit stringers. I got lots of different colored dots. Now..what to do with the rest of my wide awake day.....did I mention that I'm coughing and hacking? :rolleyes:
Harriet

Foofaraw
08-31-2004, 08:05 AM
Cat ~ I really love that set, but you already know that!!!!
Nicole ~ looks like you have been playing!! I love them all!
Juls ~ that reminds me of yummy fruit!
Mitchelle ~ cute witch!
Virginia ~ Wow, I can't believe how far you have come! Those are amazing! Third one up on the right, blue green circle, my favorite!!!
Gina ~ that is such a pretty fall set!
Glass Beads ~ that opalino set is really neat, doesn't really look like goldstone!
Jeff ~ cool pendant!
Kelly ~ those look so fun!
Deb ~ those are so colorful!
Harriet ~ I always love your stuff!!!

Here is a simple pillow set, olive green and amber rose with hints of ivory and silver.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/19877-Olivette.jpg

Trey Cornette
08-31-2004, 08:16 AM
A little eye candy .
Flame ON!
Trey

Rose Leslie
08-31-2004, 08:44 AM
:clap: Good morning. You all are so good. I'm afraid to put any thing on here. I will eventually just not now. Love the beads this morning and the imagination with them. Brilliant color and the white that has been etched. Love them all. wayk to go! Have a good day. :clap:

starlightdesigns
08-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Oh, man what GORGEOUS beads today!!! WOW!!!! There's just too many to comment on but I really love the trans cobalt base with silver and raku bead by Catherine and the white opalino with etched clear and opalino spacers by Glass_Beads and the stars by Virginia ~ Welcome back, Virginia!!! You've been missed!!!

Here's a few from me lately...

Ivory Silk: All Moretti, dark ivory with transparent dark grey makes a neat greenish tint (saw this color concept in Corina's "Passing the Flame"), with some copper green and SIS...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/37248-dls173.jpg

Outta This World: All Moretti, transparent cobalt with silver and my own mix of copper green and turquoise frit then encased...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/37248-dls174.jpg

Tide Pools: All Moretti, black base with silver, then ivory, copper green, trans. teal and trans. aqua, swirled and encased...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/37248-dls177.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!!!! :wave:

JoyceMI
08-31-2004, 09:13 AM
Lots of beautys so far.

Juls- Great fall looking set, Amzing you were able to get the raku color to
stay in the same tones. Nice work.
Nicole- I of course love the frit beads, the black base one turned green is
wonderful!
Juls- Excellent dot placement. Love the colors in this set together with the
black.
Mitchelle- Love the cute stuff, especially the hats, they are great!
Virginia- Excellent stars from you. Very colorful, It's hard to pick a favorite
they are all great!
GinaJ- Gorgeous fall set and color comination!
GlassBeads- Love your raised floral works. That White and golstone set is
gorgeous!
Jeff- Fantastic stuff. I love how you work with the silver foil or leaf with the
cut out shapes.
KellyD- what a cute end to summer set. Great work!
LittleCrowe- Excellent stuff. I love them all! Great color combos!
Harriet- I love your fun color beads. They always look cheery!
Jenn- Very nice set. I love those colors together. I love that amber rose
and never managed to get any of it before it dissapeared.
Trey- Love the boro- especially the middle set. Love the 3rd set too. can't
tell what glass it is.
Starlight- Great sets! I love them all but my favorites are the first and last.
Great color combos
O.k. I think I got them all unless your posting right now! LOL

Here are a couple more of mine which were actually done last week and finally photo'd.

emmytr1
08-31-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi all, great beads as usual, I love the olive green glass. Where do I find that? I've been looking and can't find any sellers. Here are a few from me. Have a great day.

Mary Lou

lepoppet
08-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Here's some from me. I can't believe I'm already making Christmas Beads. But they sell so what the heck.

Maria

fay
08-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Wow! A fantastic show and tell. I have to run today. Have a terrific Tuesday.

Here is another rose that I just listed on eBay:

SPIglass
08-31-2004, 12:12 PM
WOW! What beautiful stuff here today already! Here's a couple of my latest. The first one is Moretti black with Val's Raku frit and the second is Moretti Opal Yellow with the same frit.

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/10616-galactica1.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Aug-2004/10616-painteddesert1.jpg

bluelizzy
08-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Beautiful beads today. :clap: :clap: :clap:
With the seasons about to change and the holidays on the horizon, there is no shortage of inspiration. Autumn just puts me in a happy mood. :D
Beads on the bay. All Bullseye glass.

OK, I'll say it before you do......Oink, Oink. :wink2:

Queen of Tides
08-31-2004, 01:07 PM
Wow, what incredible work! I have been off my torch for over two weeks and finally got back on yesterday. It felt like heaven, though I was quite rusty and had to do a few mandrels full of spacers to warm up.

I also used the Raku Jitterbug frit from Val on BE black, vanilla and then with lauscha olive, but that might be out of the picture. Can't get over the colors that pop out, boro-esque.

Thanks for the wonderful eye treats everyone!

koregon
08-31-2004, 01:24 PM
lot of cool goodies here today...and halloween and christmas...man...I feel like a scrooge...I hardly ever do holiday beads...oh well, might have to try some...here are some more raku jitterbug.
base color changes things a lot....played with samples yesterday...really interesting chemistry involved with this frit.

mtbarr
08-31-2004, 02:16 PM
I have to admit today's S & T is simply astounding. The art glass ideas just keep flowing..

I think Val won't be able to keep up on the Raku frit......

Another horse
A pumpkin kitty
a bat and
ghosts

BeadGoddess
08-31-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm in total AWE!!!!! I love looking at everyone's creations. I wish I could go play with glass, but I'm on Doctors orders to rest.... which sucks, I don't rest well at all........ dangit - so I'll just sit here and look at all the pretties and patiently wait until I can play and post too.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!

Toxey's Treasures
08-31-2004, 05:35 PM
oops!

Cat66
08-31-2004, 06:03 PM
Here's a set I just finished putting on Ebay.. I'm a little "iffy" on the toggle.. I think it's just missing something, or some design element - although it works just great - I listed it anyway, as it goes with the set.

BabsW
08-31-2004, 07:58 PM
Good Heavens...I'm not even to page 2 yet and everything just keeps getting better. I would have something to show except I've been working my buns off on a different kind of show & tell. www.bbrookiewhite.com/islaga2004-fall-showcase.htm Heads up Indiana bead makers or wannabees.

Virginia your beads are proof that practice works! :clap:

Barbara

wildwire
09-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Hello, boy, I have missed this - I have been in Alberta for 5 weeks, with my daughter and son-in-law and grandkids...and a new granddog. I LOVE EDMONTON ALBERTA!!! I will post a thread with pictures, when I get some sleep, I am SO tired. Now,... Great show already and it isn't even Tuesday here yet!
WOW Cat, nice beads, very crisp, and the silver caps are wonderful
Nicole, boy, beautiful group of beads, looks like you had a GREAT time, I would have trouble picking out a favorite
Juls - I don't know what to say, I am just in love with your set of beads. It took me forever to have some "dot" control, but I don't know if I will ever make dot beads that even come close to these you posted
Mitchelle, you silly girl - you did a great job. I am SO happy you were able to get your bulk gass, you will really go to town now!!!

I made a couple stars while in Alberta - I could sneak them in one or two at a time, but hey, lets get it all over at once....I put a little dime in there to give some perspective. The star in the center is just a tiny bit under 3". If you count you will see that some of the stars have 12 and even 16 legs...Nothing like being around loved ones to bring out some creativity...I have gotten into using reactive glass for some of my stars, I am really happy with how they turned out - Have a GREAT day - Virginia L.

I added a pic of the big one in my hand, to help show the size - the pic is not really good, but it shows how huge it is.....I won't be having to lift weights anymore, making these, I am getting really strong arms - LOL!!!

Hi! I am wondering how you would make these into pendants????

Thanks, Shauna :cool:

Virginia L.
09-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Hi! I am wondering how you would make these into pendants????

Thanks, Shauna :cool:

Thank you for asking - I just happen to have one done up - see picture below. The one smaller star is done with thread, but that could also be done that way with a fine chain or wire, or I saw one of my customers hang her's by itself, with sead beads going thru the hole, up into a larger bead, then out around the neck. I have also seen larger holed beads hung from behind with metal coming thru. Later on when I feel better - I am gonna make faces and fit them thru on tube silver and then hung up from the back. This will be when I am feeling better - thanks again for asking - God Bless - Virginia L.

wildwire
09-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Thank you for asking - I just happen to have one done up - see picture below. The one smaller star is done with thread, but that could also be done that way with a fine chain or wire, or I saw one of my customers hang her's by itself, with sead beads going thru the hole, up into a larger bead, then out around the neck. I have also seen larger holed beads hung from behind with metal coming thru. Later on when I feel better - I am gonna make faces and fit them thru on tube silver and then hung up from the back. This will be when I am feeling better - thanks again for asking - God Bless - Virginia L.

Thank you....I was having trouble picturing them...They are awesome!

Shauna