PDA

View Full Version : wreaths, nests and spray cheese

AlaskaBarb
08-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Thought I'd start a new thread, since these aren't really rabbit nesuke anymore. Here is the test wreaths using various-sized mandrels. The biggest is 1".

I didn't put anything on them, because I figured it would be kind of fun to wire in pre-made findings. They could be made into little ornaments.

A few more nests, including a wild one. There's one in every crowd.

There's a first sad attempt at woven baskets. One looks like a chocolate creuller and the other like an elaborate turd. But I definitely think it has potential, for someone who is very precise at melting and bending, just so.

As I was taking the picture, my husband placed in the nest made out of that spray Cheese Whiz and a Wheat Thin.

B

Orca
08-30-2004, 11:50 PM
I like, in fact I WANT, the fancy little snakes curled around the fried egg!

Booger
08-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Now THAT's some amazing heat control! I am seeing a most incredible necklace of not-stop cheeze whiz beads. That would be a museum quality piece and I am dead serious, in spite of the funny name.

WONDERFUL AND ORIGINAL!
Sheryll

AlaskaBarb
08-30-2004, 11:57 PM
LOL! They're not really snakes -- it's just a wild nest made out of twisties.

But you could make a snake pile bead by adding heads. Cool idea!

Barb

nicker
08-30-2004, 11:58 PM
Those are very cool! You could do so many things with them! How much for the cheese one? :evil: :evil:

Just kidding!

JayneM
08-31-2004, 12:00 AM
Those nests are really interesting. I like the one made out of the different twisties with the egg in the middle. The cracker also looks yummy, and I may have to go get myself a snack before bed.

loco
08-31-2004, 12:24 AM
One looks like a chocolate creuller and the other like an elaborate turd.

I'm diggin the cheese wiz... But, I am having difficulty figuring out which one is the "elaborate turd" because there all way to kwell.

AlaskaBarb
08-31-2004, 01:47 AM
Thought I'd start a new thread, since these aren't really rabbit nesuke anymore. Here is the test wreaths using various-sized mandrels.

B

Good grief, why can't I see these typos when I'm posting?? Of course I meant, "here are the test wreaths." I really don't talk like that.....

B

AlaskaBarb
09-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Here's a wreath finished with some Czech glass flowers and leaves.

I'm okay with a blowtorch, but.....wire+barb+10 minutes=huge knotted mess! Aaak.

Anyway, you get the idea. :p

Hugs,
B

craftylady
09-01-2004, 07:57 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

GinnyHampton
09-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey Barb! I think they're cool too . . . I ESPECIALLY love them after seeing how you dressed it up with the little flowers. That is just precious and very creative. Way to go!!!

I don't see any turd beads, you're being too hard on yourself :)

Lenda
09-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi Barb, I agree that you're way too hard on yourself. Wonderful job and I like that your DH has a sense of humor for your work. Now make sure when he wants a snack that you get back at him! ;) :evil:

Leevite
09-01-2004, 04:05 PM
and the other like an elaborate turd.

B

HAHAaaaa. HAAA! :D