PDA

View Full Version : W. I. P. ~ "Joy"

Cyndi L
08-30-2004, 05:02 PM
This picture is a little fuzzy ~ sorry about that! I'll try to get a better pix when the piece is done. 25 hours and counting...!

The "flowers" are 3-D, with Czech rhinestone buttons for centers, all different. There are two sizes of pearls, and all the seed beads are delicas. This is the second in a planned series on the Fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5. "Love" is finished. "Peace" and "Patience" are next...if I live so long!

More beaded neckpieces are here:
http://www.mazeltovjewelry.com/main_gallery_F.html

:)

TheBlueBetween
08-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi Cyndi! Thank you for sharing - it's wonderful so far! It sparkles and looks like Joy - in fact it looks like it should be worn around the holidays :)

Beads-Me!
08-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Wow Cyndi! It'll be fun to see it when you're done! Beautiful! :)

Juls
08-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Cindy,

Your WIP necklace is beautiful, as are the completed ones in your link! Your inspirations are wonderful...thank you for sharing!

hugs~
~Juls

Cyndi L
08-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks guys! This is the most precise and picky-picky neckpiece that I've done to date. Everything has to lie perfectly for it to look right. And since I'm a free-form sort of a gal...well, you know what I mean!

Gingerbiscuit
08-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Cyndi, this is beautiful. What talent! Thank you for sharing. :)

Andee
08-31-2004, 11:21 AM
Cindy - it's beautiful, very much so! :clap:

Cyndi L
08-31-2004, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the pats on the back. I don't know why I need them to motivate me, but I do seem to! I've gotten a LOT more done since posting :D

GardensOnGlass
08-31-2004, 03:11 PM
STUNNING, Cindy!

Helen Simon
08-31-2004, 04:11 PM
I love your work, too! Can you suggest a book with general directions for beaded flowers, leaves, botanicals? As if I have time...but i make glass beads in that fashion, and was thinking some similar beaded pieces might go well. I've seen the wired flowers, like French and Russian, but prefer to work them in Silamide..Thanks, Love, Helen

Cyndi L
08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Beaded flowers that aren't wired? No, I'm afraid I don't know of any books or instructions. I did these using brick stitch, since I wanted them to taper, and I've also made some butterflies using square stitch and cross-stitch patterns. Of course, you have to modify the pattern because of the beads not being perfectly round, but it's pretty easy. Maybe you could try something like that to make flowers...?

Mary Riggs
09-01-2004, 06:38 PM
"Oh my God!" were the first words out of my mouth when this lovely piece downloaded. JOY is such an appropriate name for the work of art. Your colors are just luscious........reminds me of Victorian pieces I've seen in museums.

I AM IN AWE OF YOUR TALENT !!! :clap: Stunning!!!

PS: I've been away from W/C for a short while and I notice they STILL don't have the spell-check feature back up........RATS

Cyndi L
09-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Thanks Mary, and welcom bak. Yur rite, spel chek is stil gon. How i mis it! LOL!!

SuzyQ
09-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Wow Cindi!! Not only is this gorgeous but your link shows some wonderful pieces. I can't wait to see then end result here. Incredible work, thanks for showing us.

Cyndi L
09-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Thanks Suzy! It's getting closer... :)

framerak
09-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Cyndi~
I'm new to WC and this is my first post but your beautiful work compelled me to come out of hiding! My Mother's name was Joy and she is one of the few people I've ever known to really "live" their name (does that make sense?). She loved the holiday season because, as she put it, her name was "everywhere!" She passed away in December of 2000 and I can't see the word Joy without thinking of her. Your Fruit of the Spirit piece is sure to bring Joy to all who see it and I thank you for bringing back such wonderful memories of my Mom.

Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Angela

Cyndi L
09-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Dear Angela,
Thank you so much for sharing this story with me. I am honored more than I can say that this piece has touched you by bringing precious memories of your mother to your mind. I'm very sorry for your loss ~ all of us should be so blessed to have a mother who inspired such love as you had for her...and as I'm sure she had for you!

Peg
09-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Cyndi L That is so beautiful! I am amazed at the work shown here. So much time and effort and so worthwhile. I just work on the torch and have just a few pieces of simple jewelry I have made with my beads. Don't think I have your patience to do such lovely pieces, but I love to look at them. Peg M

Cyndi L
09-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks Peg! But you know, sitting at the torch and waiting for the glass to achieve the right consistency, etc is just as much a test of patience as anything else. It may be different from seedbead work, but it takes patience nonetheless. I do lampwork too, and sometimes when I have to make a set of 20 matching spacers for a design I'm working on, I could just tear out my hair!