PDA

View Full Version : Stylised Feline 2D

DeusExMachina
08-30-2004, 10:51 AM
I just finished a little decorative boardwork today with acrylic paint.
You Like or Dislike? Why?

Idea is basically another variation on tribal/logostyle type drawing, weaved through some red/white rectangles. Tough job to paint between the lines...
It's not art, but I like it.
A colleague of mine thought it was a cow, most ppl think it's a dog.
Actually it's supposed to look like a feline. Bit leopard like kind of kitty.

I photographed my feet as well. That way I hope nobody thinks I have ugly ass wallpaper. It's just the carpet.

Artguy29
08-30-2004, 11:03 AM
This is great! It's a nice change from "fine art". The color scheme works very well with this style. Nice work!

Dave

hoski
08-30-2004, 11:39 AM
I like it, would be interesting to see it on a wall, maybe a green one or orange (not that I have walls like that :))...have you decided to put it on a wall somewhere?
The reason Im asking is because the middle part looks bigger because it has more contrast to the floor then the other parts, but that could be what you wanted...very nice :clap:

Lady Carol
08-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Love the feet. :evil: :evil: :angel:

Lady Carol
08-30-2004, 12:57 PM
And now for my serious response.......

If it is a cat, the nose is too long and therefore it appears more dog-like.

I like the concept though

jbitzel
08-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Carol is right the nose would make a world of difference.

sassybird
08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
I really like this piece. I work in a similar way when I do fun design work. I agree about the nose, and the ear should have a point even when laid back. THe feet are precious:D

DeusExMachina
08-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Oh my goodness. You PEOPLE are precious.
I'm melting with all of your fantastic comments.

One thing: Don't lions have round ears? :D

Actually, the picture is supposed to go up over my bed (I have reddish bedsheets) on a pale yellow wall.
The flipside of the board is a light blue design with a similar division and Japanese characters to match my OTHER bedsheets :D

So whenever I change sheets, I flip the painting and it matches. :clap:

Ok, I'm a little too happy about this. But it works!

lensman
08-31-2004, 07:51 AM
It's not art, but I like it.

Why is it not 'art' ? Art is anything you say is art. Heck, if the Tate Gallery can show old boots painted with yellow dots of paint and call it art then this is most certainly art.

A colleague of mine thought it was a cow, most ppl think it's a dog.
Actually it's supposed to look like a feline. Bit leopard like kind of kitty.

No, I definately see more dog than cat. I think the length of the body sort of contributes to that.

I photographed my feet as well. That way I hope nobody thinks I have ugly ass wallpaper. It's just the carpet.

Ah, but you could have been lying on your bed with your feet on the wall :)

Glenn

HRH Goldie
08-31-2004, 08:37 AM
Great thread folks and thank you for the lighthearted photos! Made me smile at the thought you'd be bothered about what people thought of your wallpaper. Just goes to show - we're really all quite insecure people in our own small ways! :D

I really like this - it's very contemporary whilst at the same time I get the feeling of an Egyptian type cat painted way back in the days of heiroglyphics (I know this spelling is wrong but couldn't be bothered to look it up lol!) :rolleyes:
The combination of the two is inspired I feel anyway and if you like it and it suits your room then boy it's the cherry on the top isn't it? :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done

PS I like the clean lines

Christine