PDA

View Full Version : Monday Aug 30th Show and Tell

Jennifer Geldard
08-30-2004, 12:02 AM
OK... it's officially Monday Morning here in MA :)

Here's a vessel... I just started making them again after a short rest...
This one is Rubino and cobalt with rubino over white stringer roses, and latticcino.
The enamel is a mix of white, light yellow and brilliant blue.

nicker
08-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Jen good grief! It's gorgeous...BUT it's not on ebay...*kicks dirt* I thought you'd like to see a pic of the necklace I did with your flower!

Beth Myers
08-30-2004, 12:14 AM
OK... it's officially Monday Morning here in MA :)

Here's a vessel... I just started making them again after a short rest...
This one is Rubino and cobalt with rubino over white stringer roses, and latticcino.
The enamel is a mix of white, light yellow and brilliant blue.

Jennifer,
I hope you heard my head bounce off the floor when I landed!
You might as well stop making glass, you can not top this one girl!!!
Wow!
Beth

mtbarr
08-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Jen
Your vessel is ADORABLE!

aimee
08-30-2004, 12:31 AM
OOOOHHHH Jen, that vessel is beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Just when I think you've made the neatest thing I've ever seen, you hit me with another.

Oh and Nicole, Jen called and said that flower was actually suppose to go to me, so it's okay if you send me the whole necklace. :evil: Just kidding, it's wonderful.

Josie
08-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Beautiful vessel! I love you style with glass!
Here's mine for the day. More foil and frits. Even a bit of raku thrown in.Suprise, suprise. :rolleyes:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-003F.JPG

Tracey

nicker
08-30-2004, 12:50 AM
OH Aimee I am so sorry! Get me your addy and I'll send it over!

NOT! :evil: :evil:

Juls
08-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Jennifer, That vessel is GOBSMACKINGLY BEAUTIFUL! I'll probably miss some posts as I sit here staring at it!

Tracey, What was life before Raku? :p Very pretty tab set!

Mine is Moretti black and silvered ivory with Lauscha Red spacers.

Happy Monday!
~Juls

wildfirelauri
08-30-2004, 01:11 AM
Jen, sooo soft and elegant.
Nicole, like what I see, just can't see it very well.
Tracey, nice organic combo.
Juls, classic combo.

I played with moretti last night for the the first time in ages. Too fun!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2004/10074-seaside2.jpg

Shawn T.
08-30-2004, 01:14 AM
Jennifer- Thud, (me picking up my jaw off the floor)
Nicole- beautiful Necklace, you really did a great job with Jennifers beautiful flower
Tracey- I Love Organic, these are just amazing.
Juls- Stunning set and that red shows them off so well, Nice pick of colors, i would have nevr thought to put red with them, but I love them

Please excuse me if you have already seen me do the jitterbug dance. But I have been making beads like crazy for a show and have not taken pic in over a month. I took these tonight for a thread in the tech forum, where you will find the tell part of each one of thse beads. I also shot them so quickly in responce to the thread I didn't take the time to clean the bead poop. Bad girl bad girl. :evil:

Shawn

Beth Myers
08-30-2004, 01:23 AM
WEll I'm back!
And again WOW WOW WOW, high fives all around tonight!!
So much color! :D :D
Beth

!ngridh
08-30-2004, 01:24 AM
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!! that will teach me to come in before I go to bed....now my head will be spinning with these delights for hours!

Rabiya
08-30-2004, 05:44 AM
I must say, I really enjoy seeing the variety of beautiful glasswork that is exhibited here. There are some very stunning pieces.
:clap: :clap: (You know...these little guys look a bit like they're doing jumping jacks. One and two and ... feel that burn...??!!...different kind!!!!)

Now that I have figured out how to get pictures of my work into the posts, here is some work from this weekend as well as some other pieces. I was over at a friend's with my set up and she made a number of beads as well.

The first has been a work in progress ever since I bought a black bead with silver capped ends at an SCA event, Sea Lion War. It said focal bead and I have been looking for something that I could wear as jewellery with a black and silver belly dance outfit. My friend helped with the design layout.
Triangle beads in gaduated sizes black Moretti
Black filligrana barrel beads
Black Moretti in reduction frit
Black Moretti, silver pixie dust, ivory stringer swirled with pik
Clear Moretti with Millifori in clear and black, flattened on marver

The second necklace still needs a few more beads to hang at the right length as well as spacers, which I ran out of. The large carved focal was purchased 8 years ago and I couldn't figure out what to string it on to make it look good. I forgot all about it until I tried some clear greeny grey cane pulled into stringer over light ivory. My husband picked this stuff out when we were first buying our/my torch and supplies because he was going to do some too. I haven't exactly let him near the torch. Pictured are 52 beads. It will need 60 in total. There are two tiny beads between spacers above pendant.
Barrel beads - Ivory with clear grey/green stringer
Round beads - Ivory with silver pixie dust, swirled clear green grey stringer. Dust burnt off and gave beads a slight matt look
Triangle and square beads - Ivory with green frit melted in, silver pixie dust and shaped with marver.

I call the third set my deep sea jellyfish. I have a black blouse that I picked up at VV-Boutique whose buttons I have never liked. These are replacements that will have other buttons attached at the back so I can remove the glass ones for washing. They were also designed to go with a pair of pants in the colours of the fabric behind them.

Stay tuned for part 2.

Rabiya
08-30-2004, 05:53 AM
Part two, continued.

4th set: "Oh...sure, but you're a girl dragon. The little bead next to the reamer handle is a good example of what happens when you work Rubino too low in the flame. And yes I pull stringer to make itty-bitty little beads because....

5th set: "Cubes" Small cubes made to go with 2nd set of already posted pictures, but they seemed to me to be too dark as I was playing with combinations. The clear green with swirls, were made at a "Melt Down" held at Clinton War this summer and the Large green cube was made this weekend. Talk about sporadic...

My apologies for any shadows and reflections. I'm not the photographer. My hubby is.

Booger
08-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Holy smokes.....What a drop dead beautiful vessel, Jennifer. That is the prettiest vessel that I have ever seen!
Shawn, I love the multi swirlies! Unique and eye-catching.
Wild-Fire - those are just fun to gander.
Josie - very urchiny looking. (Is that a real word???)
If I left anyone out, please forgive me. Have to get an order together and STILL get out the door on time.

This funny guy kills me. Sort of a elder clown, sort of happy, sort of creepy and I call him "Zitt" for obvious reasons. Bullseye and so much pink it makes my eyes hurt.

Circus Booger

KellyD
08-30-2004, 06:43 AM
Wow, everyones work today is wonderful.
Jennifer- That is the most adorable vessel I have ever seen!

I have been working on Christmas things all weekend.
Have a great day everyone!
Kelly

jeffwelsh23462
08-30-2004, 07:26 AM
morning all happy campers! monday's here AGAIN!!! :D I was able to get alot done this weekend so i will place to threads to show it all.... first my lampwork stuff.... :cool:

jeffwelsh23462
08-30-2004, 07:28 AM
now my fused glass bracelets for the weekend... forgot to say all will be on ebay sometime today..... :cool:
have a great day everyone! :clap:

dananichols
08-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Gorgeous beads everyone!! I love the frits and all the beads I've been seeing with the raku.

I had a few requests for halloween beads, so here is a set I listed late last night.

Elle D
08-30-2004, 07:48 AM
Awesome work one and all!

Have to check out the raku frit thread cause I'm not getting that color play! Amazing!

Jan.C
08-30-2004, 08:06 AM
What a wonderful display of beaut beads on this Monday S & T.
I must say Jennifer the vessel is exquisite.
To all. :clap:
Jan

mperaza
08-30-2004, 09:29 AM
OMG! What a great S&T already! Have to post and run - I'm off to my closing...

these are the beads I mentioned yesterday. Lauscha black and moretti coral - copper green.

Have a great day!
Marilyn

gailjoseph
08-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh My GOSH :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am totally blown away by this morning's beads! I don't have time to single out all of them (but I assure you, I'd happily take posession of all of them!!!!)

Shawn, those colors and beads are phenomenally gorgeous!!!!!! Now I really see what you were talking about on the tech forum.

Jen--I am in such awe of your work! Are you going to be at the Marlboro, MA show? Are you offering any classes in MA or NH in the near future?

sigh...I have to clean house instead of torch... I should NOT have looked at this thread! :evil:

Crowe
08-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Great show today! Marilyn, those flowers are beautiful!

midniteburner
08-30-2004, 10:48 AM
What a hot Showcase for a Monday morning!!!!

Marilyn: Those are gorgeous florals!!!

Jeff: I love the look of your bangles!!!!

This is one of my personal favorite sets, to date:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Aug-2004/12611-outerlimits1.jpg

Sara

ChristyL
08-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Beautiful work today everyone! I would love to try those fused glass bracelets someday too!
My pic for the day is a Mist Goddess, she is made of copper-green and silvered ivory.
Hugs*
ChristyL

beadsbylaura
08-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi Everyone!

Fantabulous beads . . . again! :clap:

My favourites are Shawn's. Amazingly beautiful. :)

My set is called 'Sand & Sky' and they are made from Moretti ivory and light blue.

Laura

Jennifer Geldard
08-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Nicole, I did list the vessel last night, but it sold right away with buy-it-now. Sorry about that. Your necklace is gorgeous! It makes me proud you chose my bead to show off!
Thanks!!!

Jen--I am in such awe of your work! Are you going to be at the Marlboro, MA show? Are you offering any classes in MA or NH in the near future?
:

Thanks so much Gail!
Yup.. I'll have a few beads on the Boston Chapter ISGB group table.
The only classes I have locally are through The Worcester Craft Center.
Here's a link:
http://worcestercraftcenter.org

Shawn T.
08-30-2004, 12:38 PM
I just want to drop in and and say "Thank You" for all the nice comments on my beads.
Beautiful show and tell today.
I do agree that this thread is getting better and better. Does that mean we are all stepping up a notch? Looks that way to me.
Shawn :wave:

koregon
08-30-2004, 01:24 PM
what a great way to start my Monday...beautiful everyone!
only new thing for me...bought half dozen wine stoppers from "Nikki" nicker...so had to try my first ....here is what I came up with...a tad to small ...next one a bit large...but all in all not to bad for first try.

nicker
08-30-2004, 01:33 PM
KAYE! That's lovely! I like that these stoppers are smaller than the ones with the corkscrew in them. It's a bit easier to get the topper to size. I have to get some time and make more. I have more stoppers left...wink wink :wink2:

GinaJ
08-30-2004, 01:55 PM
What an AMAZING S&T today! Good work, everyone!!!!! :clap:

Becky Mason
08-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Jen, As if you needed more praise for your vessel.... :clap: :clap: :clap: . Any chance you'd consider coming to Orlando in the dead of winter to teach a class? I'm in the process of starting an ISGB chapter here and I think I can get enough students who are interested.

Shawn, I'm so jealous. Your raku beads are awesome. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I played with my raku frit (wasted it) yesterday, and all I could get was khaki, puky green, a little bit of opal yellow color, and lots of poo poo color. I tried cooling the beads with brass; I tried reducing then oxygenating; I tried standing on my head, rubbing my stomach and humming the Start Spangeld Banner, but nothing worked. Any hints???

Here is my entry for today. I just entered this bead into Corina's "Not Witchcraft" bead challenge. Base of Lauscha Cocoa, stringer in Moretti Copper Green. That's all.

Becky

Shawn T.
08-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Becky,
First off that bead is beautiful! What a stunning focal.

I have lots of hint for you: follow this link and read the thread, it has some wonderful info on it. At the bottem you will find my posts. If seems as I have helped a few people with the same probelms you are having.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212654

If You have any further questions you are welcome to PM me.
Shawn

Becky Mason
08-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Shawn,

Thanks for directing me to the raku frit thread. From what I read I think I may not have gotten my beads molten enough. I'll give it a try again tonight. I'm not one to give up easily. I WLL make this work.

Becky

JayneM
08-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Beautiful show and tell today. I think everyone had a productive weekend. I was so tickled because I listed my first beads on the bay last week, and they all sold. I was so happy I almost wet my pants. The raku jitterbug has also moved into my house, and taken over my mind. I have used it on my uroboros glass, and this teal one is on moretti with raku and then my halloween beadies.

Jennifer Geldard
08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Jen, As if you needed more praise for your vessel.... :clap: :clap: :clap: . Any chance you'd consider coming to Orlando in the dead of winter to teach a class? I'm in the process of starting an ISGB chapter here and I think I can get enough students who are interested.

Becky

Hi Becky,
I'd love to come :)
Just email me, and I'll give you the info.

Llama Girl
08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Jennifer - Your vessle is beautiful! So many details and so elegant. I can't get over it - it's stunning!!!

Nicole - Great necklace - and Jenifer made the flower? What a talent! I wish I could do 3-D shapes like that.

Tracey - Beatiful set - great colors!! And you're using the raku frits I've been seeing around - I wish I could get my hands on some - I have frit envy now :( Your use of color is fab!! Love the little bumpies that look like (to me) a trail to tresure.

Juls - Your necklace is gorgeous - I love the darker corolored beads being set of by the deep reds - classic!

Lurie - love the color combo and the reactions in the glass.

Shawn - WOW - I love the colors!! I've done a few beads like the ones you have in the first pic - but I'm doing flips for the last two you've got here - I love the frits!!

Rabiya - your necklaces are beautiful - I particularly love the beads you have in the final pic of the first post - Love the red on black. The first pic of the second post blows me away - I love the depth of the bead.

Booger - Your face it great - it's so 'happy emotional' it made me laugh out loud.

Kelly - I LOVE your snowmen sets - you're way ahead of the game as far as seasons go, but better to be ahead than behind. Love them!!

Jeff - Love the pendant - beautiful lines and great colors! The bracelets are what really got me, though - WOW - just amazing!!

Dana - Love you r 'trick or treat' set - the candied corn is adorable - and the witches' feet and hat are great!! makes me want to sing 'somewhere over the rainbow'

Elle - beautiful set of beads - love the stringer work

Marilyn - your flowers are FABULOUS! Beautiful 3-D flowers - I can look at them all day...

Sara - Your set is FAB - i love the depth you get out of the flatter beads - and the colors look great

ChristyL - Great goddess!!!!! I want to start doing these linds of sculpural pieces but I never seem to get myself motivated enough to get to the 'making it' stage - yours is fabulous - I love the colors, too

Laura - One of my favorite color combos - turq. and ivory - you've got a great set here!!

Kaye - I LOVE your winestopper!! Great idea!! Beautiful and practical - also a convo piece for when youhave company over for a drink - very clever

Becky - I entered too - my first time. I really like the effect you get from the glass - it reminds me of a turtle shell.

JayneM - Love your ghost and the candied corn - too cute!!

Ok, now that I've looked at everyone's beads (and they were all FAB) here's some of mine to look at...

Jennifer Geldard
08-30-2004, 08:44 PM

Becky

Hi Becky,
I'd love to come :)
Just email me, and I'll give you the info.

Zooziis
08-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Becky Great bead and cool effect! That jumped out at me.

Cat66
08-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Cool beads.. Here's mine for the day - Morocco..

Becky Mason
08-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Amy,

Thanks - I figured you might like it. :D I just HAD to make something really unique with my new BIG pillow tool. I just LOVE big beads, so this new tool is so cool. I'll have lots of fun with it.

Becky

Zooziis
08-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Well Becky, I have another treat for Big Bead people...check the forum tomorrow afternoon :) Oh, and yes this one will even happily work with 1/8 mandrels!