PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Eve. Show and Tell

prncsk
08-29-2004, 08:11 PM
I've finally gotten in some torch time, realizing that practice does make perfect. (Well, almost!) I'm really happy with these, as you can see I still don't have the patience to sit down and make HUGE sets yet.

Karen

Jillie Beads
08-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Karen, those are gorgeous! I love the ivory and black! I admire anyone who can make "huge" sets! I don't usually get a chance to post in the S & T's, but I really love this boro set! Jill

ChristyL
08-29-2004, 08:25 PM
HI,
Beautiful work Karen, I really like the blue green set.
My pic for the day is made from coppergreen with silvered ivory stringer, etched.
Hugs*
ChristyL
edit: Jillie you snuck in on me, gorgeous beads, love the colors.

Jillie Beads
08-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Christy, that is a beautiful set! That is going to make an awesome finished piece! Great work! Jill

Beth Myers
08-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Ladies!
Wonderful work INDEED!
I am loving all three of your's tonight!
B~

Shawn T.
08-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Karen,
Beautiful Beads! Wow you are doing so well. Congrats on that learning curve. My favorites are the first mandrel. Especailly the first three, they are really calling to me.

Jillie- Beautiful Boro, You can make it sing

Christy- love that color combo, the copper green looks so pretty etched.

Thank You all for showing your pretty beads tonight.
Shawn

Nette
08-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Wow! Everyone has beautys tonight.

Karen, you are making some really nice beads. :clap: :clap: :clap: I know what you mean about the sets.

Jillie, your boro beads are always lovely.

Christy, Love that copper green set. I've got to get some. So pretty.

Thanks All, for sharing.

Annette

gailjoseph
08-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Sigh, you all inspire me sooooo much. Sort of embarrassed to post, but decided that it will inspire me to do even better. First set is my first experiment using coral (on which green? Petroleum? something really, really light).

Next is experimentation with my new silver blue luster reduction frit with SIS over gray, last....I really wanted to go metallic. I'm not sure what it reminds me of...a diseased meteor??? After melting in a ton of frit, I then partially melted some globs. Kind of fun, but somewhat strange :D . Last is my first attempt at some pumpkins and a ghost. I have no idea what orange I used, but I love how my tweezer squishes made the orange a lighter color in places. As far as the shaping goes...well :D there's always that PPP thing!