PDA

View Full Version : S&T Sunday, August 29, 2004

Andee
08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi everybody!

I didn't expect to start this today, where are you all? :)

Okay, bracelet and matching earrings in colours that remind me very much of Yorkshire/UK (I LOVE the landscape there!!) and another bracelet which has some nice purple/pink/rose colours, but my camera doesn't seem to be able to get them right... :( All lampwork mine, added a bit of silver, faceted glass, seedbeads and Swarowski crystals.

beclectic
08-29-2004, 11:07 AM
Very pretty show and tell Andee.

I like all your pieces but the bracelet really grabs me. Love the colors. I bet it is ever so much better in person.

tamjai
08-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Wow Andee - i love that bracelet - earthy but fresh - I'd love to see europe one day......(sigh)
couple of things from me today - totally the antithesis of each other. The woven steel pendant i made very late last night when i couldn't sleep and the bracelet i just finished up - autumn colours are on my brain!
so..where is everybody eh???
tam

Sassyglassgal
08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
wow, I love the scroll bracelet, nice colors, everyone's jewelry is lovely. Here's a bracelet I made for myself to go with my black and tan, cream outfits. Also a lt green swarovski two needle woven bracelet.

beclectic
08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
That pin is very unusual and very good. I think it needs a smooth bit for contrast. Maybe something shiney. I like it a lot.

Wow, Sassy you are really doing all kinds of different things. I like them both. I especially like the green one and would like to see it closer.

flynfire
08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Andee, I really like colors of the third bracelet, even if those are the ones that the camera doesn't capture correctly!
Debbie, very pretty.
Tamjai, Please don't be offended. That wire pendant looks a little scary on one side! What keeps it from poking one in the neck? :)
Thank you all for your kind words about my pieces last night. Yes, I am still in a funk. The muses are not being very communicative!

Kerensamere
08-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Hi all! Lovely pretties tonight!

Just a pair of earrings from me today, spent most of the weekend sweating my butt off moving a ton of plants as we prep for an addition (including new studio space for me with day light!!! :clap: ).

Anyway, these were a custom order from my last show, I made them to compliment a pendant that has become one of my signature pieces, I call it my Dream Wave pendant. I'm sure I've posted the pendant before but figure I'll post it here with the earrings so that you can see the similarity.

Have a great evening, what's left of it, must go and rest my tired muscles now. -Jen

TheBlueBetween
08-30-2004, 01:46 AM
beautiful work everyone!

Tam, that pendant is really cool!

Oskadis
08-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Commenting on each would be a bit tiresome ;)

Pretty pretties! :clap: :wink2:

tamjai
08-30-2004, 06:41 AM
flynfire - i'm tottaly not offended! - strange things do get made in the wee a.m. - the pic doesn't show this well but the metal curves out away from the body. this is why i post here - i get feedback! :D
tam

Andee
08-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks everybody! :)

Barbara - which bracelet do you mean, the second one? :)

Tam - indeed, those pieces couldn't be more different! Very interesting steelpendant, the more I look at it the better I like it! :) I would worry about the pins on the right side (as I look at them) to keep sticking to fabrics and whatnot, or that they can too easily be pulled out... ?? The bracelet is really pretty! :)

Debbie - nice work, I love the lampwork-bracelet!

Jen - lovely earrings, I like the wave! :)

beclectic
08-30-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks everybody! :)

Barbara - which bracelet do you mean, the second one? :)

<snip>:)

Yes the second bracelet.

MadameKali
08-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Tam ~ just wanted to pop in and tell you I LOVE the pendant.. scary looking and all ;) (But then, we all know I lean a bit toward the industrial..)

TheBlueBetween
08-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Tam ~ just wanted to pop in and tell you I LOVE the pendant.. scary looking and all ;) (But then, we all know I lean a bit toward the industrial..)

Just FYI: The latest Ornament magazine has a bunch of jewelry that is like this - industrial looking. There seem to be several jewley articles in it this issue. I put mine back though as I found a book I'd rather purchase so I don't have the details.