PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At Sunday Aug 29 2004

McDuck
08-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Hello all of you good talented folk! I am up and ready to get to the show again. it has beena bit slow for us. We are thinking just too many shows in a row for people. :( Short of that It is eerily sunny and overcast in the Chicago area, not sure of temp though. Basement hasnt flooded anymore. Thank our lucky stars! Our fence is about finished, just need to put the rack on the back of the trunk of the motorcycle and we are set. Well almost :rolleyes: still ahve to make sure the clothing I want to bring will fit into the bag i get. Otherwise I have to bring less and washmore :eek:

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and enjoying the last days of summer (like we have not had one here yet) or winter depending on where you live.

-Mary

JAM Creations
08-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Hello Mary & everyone who follows!! Yesterday my daughter & I spent the day at the Nebraska State Fair--lovely day to be outside here in our neck of the woods! Got to check out all the cool beadwork that was entered. I brought home a couple of ribbons--but I was most proud of my 14 yr. old daughter--she took 2nd for an amulet bag that she designed & created all by her lonesome! In the "big girls" category, no less! I wish I had a photo to post! Oh, well. Maybe next week when we get it back. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

McDuck
08-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Congrats Jodie to you and your daughter! woohoo! she must be soo proud of her accomplishment! Cant wait to see pics!
-Mary

beclectic
08-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi Mary and Jodie,

Congrats to you and your daughter that's quit an accomplishment. I'm looking forward to the pictures of both yours and your daughter's stuff.

Mary, I think the best thing about a motorcycle trip is the sense of freedom. Riding on a motorcycle you can really feel the country you are passing through. I'm hoping y'all have spectacular weather. (The worse thing about a motorcycle trip is the vibration, I always feel like a shake afterwards.)

Same old, same old from me. I'm going to finish that ladybug necklace today, absolutly, nothing will stand in my way.

Everyone have a fun and productive day and Mary I hope the show picks up for you today. :)

Barrie
08-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Good morning everyone! Mary, too bad about the show, hope it picks up today. I'm wishing you blue skies and smooth roads, have a wonderful road trip!! (Take pictures!!!) Jodie, congrats to you and your daughter! Can't wait to see pictures!!! Barb, I agree with you on the shake thing!! But the freedom part would be worth it! Can't wait to see your ladybug necklace!!

This morning, we're off to pick up laminate flooring for our living room/entry/stairs/hallway! Can't wait to get rid of this stupid carpet. With our big dog, it looks like it needs shaving almost every day!! Yuk! We're on the hunt for new furrniture now. out with the old, in with the new! :evil: Then later today I HAVE to get to work and finish some custom stuff. Not boring, just tedious!

Oh yeah, saw my show partner/friend yesterday (the one with breast cancer). She looks good, all things considered. They're going to do a mastectomy in the next week or two. She's having it done at the hospital where she worked for 30 years, so knows everyone and the whole procedure is familiar to her, so she isn't worried like most people are. I think that gives her a big advantage over most. But the prognosis is good appaently, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Okay, off to shower, then shopping!! Gotta get that flooring!!! Have a wonderfully productive day - go create something!!