PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Show and Tell - August 29

StefaniBeads
08-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Hmmm....(looking in all directions) It seems like everyone has gone off to bed with the exception of a few night owls, and since it's officially Sunday on the east side of the continent, I'll start! I'll hog a little if that's okay, heehee! ;) :D

Some raspberry sorbet - BE salmon pink with gold purple frit, it looks yummy enough to eat! I've made some like this before, and had to do it again! Effetre beads: some little "Greenstones", these are pretty small, like 6mm x 9mm. I usually make this style in a focal, my so-called "signature bead". Turquoise swirls on black, random swirly dots melted on on an ivory base, and a floral focal...sigh...I definitely need more PPP, my encasing skills are sad. (Oh Mary (Moth), I wish you were in FL!!) But they sure are fun to try and make anyway! :)

Llama Girl
08-29-2004, 01:28 AM
Hi Lisa,

I'm still new at the whole WC thing, but I'm eager to share and learn...so here goes!!

Your beads are lovely!! I particularly like the black and turquoise sets (and the red one to the left is amazing!)

StefaniBeads
08-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Oh yum! I love purples! Are those pixie dust beads on the ends? They glow!

Lori-O
08-29-2004, 01:34 AM
Nothing new, but funny story..

I listed these on ebay about a month ago along with 6 other pieces/sets and nothing sold. (My first dip into the bay) :crying:

About an hour ago, I relisted these and they sold within 20 minutes! :clap:

Juls
08-29-2004, 01:39 AM
Lisa, Those are edible! I really like the BE salmon set! and I think your encased floral is just lovely, too.

Llama Girl, very nice little set! Is that pixie dust on the spacers?

*Lori, we posted at the same time! What a fun set and congrats on the sale! :clap:

A focal from me that is black based with Raku frit encased with clear and layered with silvered ivory stringer. Then a collection of Raku, pillows, notched barrels, etc...with moretti clear (finally a use for it!), tongue pink, lauscha clear..I think that's everything.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

~Juls

StefaniBeads
08-29-2004, 01:47 AM
Lori - I'm glad you listed them again! Ebay can be fickle, so never be discouraged, it can be full of surprises too! Pink beads do sell well on the 'Bay. ;)

Juls - Oh my....those are gorgeous! This raku frit is really something isn't it? I want some, wahhhaaahh!! :envy: But the way you use it is especially wonderful! :cool:

Booger
08-29-2004, 01:56 AM
Oh yum! I love purples! Are those pixie dust beads on the ends? They glow!
YEP! Inquiring Minds Want To Know - those are lovely, Llama Girl and how did you come by your name?
Stefani Beads - I LIKE THEM! Wonderful sizing. And I don't mean to rub it in, but I AM in OHIO and am very very excited because this THURSDAY I am taking a class by our very own Mary Moth in wire wrapping. You know? There is a lovely house for sale right across the street!

Now...this is strange so please step back a bit from the screen? I have this friend......one who by the way also lives in Ohio and she won a bead. So, I made her a display unit for the bead as a big extra and am only showing it because the eyes were made by me and happen to be glass. The rest was made of polymer and wire and fittingly enough? The hair is from a rare sheep in Australia! Here she is and made exclusively for our very own "Mistress of Sheep" and our very dear friend Nicki.....
And I call it, "Ohhhhh, Look. He's Got My Eye!!!"
Forgive me for the hogging. I am way too excited about this and had to show.
Sheryll

Llama Girl
08-29-2004, 02:00 AM
yuppers - the ones by the bow are coated in pixie, and the other four are pixie cased in clear - I find it makes it look a bit like dichroic.

Everyones beads are so wonderful!!

Lori - the pink of your beads are just beautiful - I always think that beads with a white base with frit (usually with clear casing) look classic - one of the best way to show off the frit's natural color.

Juls - Your beads are stunning! My goodness - the colors you get out of the glass - the first one reminds me of a wood ash glaze I've seen in ceramics studios - it looks natural, but super natural at the same time...just...WOW\

Sheryll - Those eyes are amazing! You've got great depth and the colors really make them stand out from the faces. As for the Llama Girl - I live on a llama farm in Langley, BC. We have about 60 llamas and alpacas right now.

Booger
08-29-2004, 02:00 AM
Juls! What a set - Now I really need to come here more often.....What is the raku frit that is being discussed? I think I am needing some - what an effect!

Now, off to bed.
WAY TOO LATE AGAIN SHERYLL

Juls
08-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Lori - I'm glad you listed them again! Ebay can be fickle, so never be discouraged, it can be full of surprises too! Pink beads do sell well on the 'Bay. ;)

Juls - Oh my....those are gorgeous! This raku frit is really something isn't it? I want some, wahhhaaahh!! :envy: But the way you use it is especially wonderful! :cool:

Thanks Lisa. :) yes, Raku Jitterbug is my new favorite frit, but shhhh, don't tell the other jars. ;) I'll be sitting on top of Val's site waiting on the chunks of it!

"Ohhhhh, Look. He's Got My Eye!!!"
I LOVE HIM! WOW and WOW again, Sheryll!!!
The Raku Jitterbug is a frit Val has just added...it is WONDERFUL!

Thank you Llamagirl. I think my loud little HH does ok..but I'm really looking forward to working with boro also!

Toxey's Treasures
08-29-2004, 03:31 AM
Lisa- awesome beads, especially the Raspberry Sorbet
Lamagirl

Toxey's Treasures
08-29-2004, 03:38 AM
Lisa- awesome beads, especially the Raspberry Sorbet
Lamagirl
Lori
Juls
Ms Booger- you always amaze me with what you come up with

I am incuding some of my newer work. It is baby steps, but getting there.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2004/39770-new.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2004/39770-beads.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2004/39770-blue_frit.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2004/39770-blue_frit.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2004/39770-new.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2004/39770-rounds.jpg

Amozoo
08-29-2004, 08:04 AM
Stephani nice beads. Florida, wow, must have been scary having that hurricane
Llama girl, nice beads, they do look like they have pixi dust. Your Llama pictures are wonderful
Lori, I just got back into ebay, It's very strange how they show the seller how many people are watching your beads! My buyers are smart people they all watch and wait until the last few seconds to bid!
Juls, raku frit, another new invention that came out while I was sleeping. That focal is pretty cool
Sheryll, I thought you had moved into pupettry (jeeze, that's hard to spell!) THose eyes do glow, I'd be excited too to be part of a colaboration like that.
TT I like the top two pictured first. They are great, hay that's a neet little trick you have there standing them up in that stuff.
Here is a set I had fun with

Nette
08-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Hello Everyone,
Great eye candy this a.m.

These are transparent dark gray glass with melted in surface decoration. I call them the "Gray Ghost" after my dog, Heidi, who is a wienmaraner. They call this hunting bred the Gray Ghost, because they are a neutral gray color, which blends well in the field. Our girl is just a pet, we don't use her for hunting.

Have a great day!

Annette

mperaza
08-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Hello everyone!! :wave:

Lisa, love the raspberry sorbet - actually I love all of your beads!
Llamagirl - great beads - I really like the look with the pixie dust
Lori-O - congrats on selling your beads!
Juls - absolutely gorgeous beads! That raku frit is fantastic.
Sheryll- Incredible work!!!! Wow and Wow again!
Toxey's - very nice beads - you are doing great!
Annette - your beads are wonderful and I just love your dog.
Hope I didn't miss anyone - Everyone's beads are great.

My beads are in the kiln right now and won't be ready until late this afternoon. I'll try to get back later on to post the pictures.

Have a great day everyone.
Marilyn

Amozoo
08-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Well! Marilyn you missed me! if those beads don't grab your attention maybe these will....

They were made to wear on my son's wedding day - I bought a new dress and needed something pretty nice to go with the dress. I held them up to the dress,,,,......,,,,,, well, I forgot the dress had lots of silver in it, the only color I was thinking of was this nice violet. Silver and gold no good... Guess I'll sell them.
But in the kiln now waiting to drop to 100 degrees is a dicro pendant, and a huge blown focal, both made with the dress in mind, maybe one will work, if not back to the drawing boads. I'll post soon the 2nd and third attempts for the mother of the groom outfit.

McDuck
08-29-2004, 10:20 AM
I see what happens when I dont get over here much, you show off your babies! Glad I made it here this morning!

Lisa, very very pretty!
Llamagirl - OH I LOVE YOUR BABIES!!! Is the fuzzy guy an alpaca? and nice purple beads too.
Lori-O - great job selling your beads!
Juls - these are stunning and i know noone else would want them so just send them my way! :D (a girl can try right?)That raku frit is fantabulous.
Sheryll- Sheryl a self portrait did yousay :D You and the sheep lady make an awsome team!!
Toxey's - very nice beads!
Amoret- i like the colors, very kewl!
Annette - Weimareners are too kewl! and nice beads too!

-Mary

dogmaw
08-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Lovely beads everyone! Here is one of my face beads that I etched. Dummy me, I should have put resist over the eyes. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, you can still see through the nose. No more transparent noses! There is a before and after.... as you can see, I still need to soak the after etching version. :)

Jo

Toxey's Treasures
08-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Sorry for the mess up in my post!! I was half-asleep.

Breat beadies Amazoo and Net!!

Amozoo
08-29-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm just messing, so here are the next two attempts for the "THE" necklace, both can't work, the giant bead, that green, was suposed to be pink! HA! And the dicro pendant has a crack, rats, well, try again...

Moonlight Creations
08-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Here's a few of last night's beads - the large one was supposed to have been a large Zooziis pillow, oh well, I'll keep trying! ~ Sonje

beadsbylaura
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi Peeps!

Amazing beads everyone! :clap: Can't type much as I am currently nursing a burnt thumb - OW! I wonder how that happened!???!

Anyway, here's my set for the day. I'm calling them 'Inferno', because they are hot and firey - like my blistery thumb! They are black, dark yellow and orange Moretti with various dots!

Laura :wave:

bk hollosy
08-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to wet canvas....I've been making beads for 8 yrs and do art fairs in Mi,Oh,and Wi...My name is Barbara K. Hollosy and I live in Manchester, Mi...my business name is b.k. beads...I'd like to say hello to anyone who might know me and I'd also like to show you some of my newest work...I have some work in the new Lark publication, 1000 Glass beads....I like large beads with loose, funky shapes...I am self taught and admire the Corina beads that are so tight and high tech....that I will never be...my word of advice to begining beadmakers....Be brave! experiment!....repeat your success...don't make the same beads over and over, try many variations of color and surface designs....then make the bead you love but make it as large as you can..I'd love to hear from anyone........bk

boobiebeads
08-29-2004, 01:17 PM
OOOHHH can I have an alpaca! I am from Maple Ridge (now Calgary) and I spent lots of time in Fort Langley. I will stalk you when I am down for the bead show in October. Can a baby alpaca fit in carry on?

OK fab job everyone. Evil eye will give me dreams, the raku frit I am absolutely in love with, I am surprised the prices are not higher on Ebay, the gold is fabulous. Too much to say.

Here is the 1st attempt at tiger beads (thanks to Passing the Flame). I am pretty happy with the first time. So much that I just went out and bought a ton of amber glass. I also put in the elusive pink tiger that Sigfreid and Roy always talk about (I figured white would be too much like a zebra).

Great S&T everyone... :clap:

JayneM
08-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Beautiful beads today from everybody. I like the little face people with the acid etch. Here are my goods for the day. Val's raku jitterbug frit came yesterday, so was playing with it and my new uroboros glass..fun...fun..fun.

BeadGoddess
08-29-2004, 01:36 PM
so I haven't made beads in months..... yep it sucks.

BUT BUT BUT, I've got almost all my glass stuff moved, got my concentrator hooked up and am getting moving.

I actually made a few beads last night with "bits" I had laying around - all my glass is still in the back seat of my car (the entire back seat of my car - lol)

So - here I go, I'm showing... just so I can actually say I did it - they aren't anything impressive, but at least I'm back at the torch FINALLY! YAYYYYY

aimee
08-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Great show n tell everyone.

Llama girl I love that middle pic. What a face!!!

Here are a couple sets that will hopefully make it to the bay later this evening.

The first is light amber with some ivory and black. I then etched them for a long time to try to get them to pit alittle, for an old look.

The other set is just a mix of fun colors. I had made some like that a few weeks ago for a special order and had a few left over. I made a few more to go with them, it was fun to use the bright colors.

Both sets are Moretti, mashed with the medium zoozii press.

Patch
08-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Wonderful beads today, from everyone. My favorites are... Stephani for such consistency in the size!! Bravo:clap:
Mrs Booger that is a wonderful doll! :envy: :envy:
Amozoo, that first set with gold is great. :clap:
Here is my one and only for today and after doing a few of that one, I think it will be my signature bead. I like it. I used dark turquoise, petroleum green and edp. On the 2nd picture, same technique, different colors. Again, sorry for the quality of the scans... still no camera in my near future.

Denise

chrisdd
08-29-2004, 04:53 PM
BK, welcome to WC and thanks for the eye candy...LOVE your colors and funky designs!

Sassyglassgal
08-29-2004, 10:14 PM
There are some awesome beads in todays s&t, too many to list, I'm wooped after working two twelve hour shifts, here's my post>>

Elena
08-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Nice work everyone!
Welcome to WC BK!!‹ I really like your organic beads! And your "go girl" attitude!‹ I too love funky shapes!
I am working on sets for my store! Which will open hopefully ,,,within the next few weeks!
I saw these colors in a Versace ad....
Remember,, to always have fun!
Elena‹