PDA

View Full Version : Sat Night S&T

littlecrow1
08-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Amazing work in the morning thread ...be sure to check it out...but with so many pics it was taking too long to load and by the time I got the the bottom of the page my poor sad dial up connection quit loadin em...lol ( cant wait till sept 10th I get cable! whohoooo! )

Here is a set of Wild Pansies, Focal made with my new Bent Mandrel tool-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=160856&stc=1

redsidedesigns
08-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Deb, those are just beautiful!!
Here some from me all boro, I had a big day yesterday so I am going to be a big hog:

littlecrow1
08-28-2004, 10:32 PM
thanks for the compliment! :) I love making flowers :)

DANG you boro are to die for! :clap: I want to work with boro so badly and plan to this winter...what books or videos would you reccomend so that I can start doing my research? I dont have the slightest clue where to start.

Sassyglassgal
08-28-2004, 10:48 PM
little crow, your flowers are TDF, and red your boro is very inspiring, beautiful. Seriously if you want to do boro a class with Doug Remschneider or his video-he's awesome as well as nice, I took a class and not only was it fun but the oodles I learned really set me on my way. My first entry will be a boro set he inspired and then a set I have on the just beads. I dreamt about the harlequin set, black white and roses.

Sassyglassgal
08-28-2004, 10:51 PM
little crow, your flowers are TDF, and red your boro is very inspiring, beautiful. Seriously if you want to do boro a class with Doug Remschneider or his video-he's awesome as well as nice, I took a class and not only was it fun but the oodles I learned really set me on my way. My first entry will be a boro set he inspired and then a set I have on the just beads. I dreamt about the harlequin set, black white and roses."It's not the destination we reach that's most rewarding. It's the journey along the way.(Barbara Morina)

MegannsMom
08-28-2004, 10:51 PM
WoW! I love those pansies!
And the boro beads are beautiful! Wish I could make Pansies and play with boro! :envy: :envy: To you both! :wink2:
Some more florals from me....
~Cindy

redsidedesigns
08-28-2004, 11:14 PM
The Doug video is good you should get that one for sure.
But the best "advise" is can give you is make sure you use enough oxygen and burn off the haze as you are wraping the glass around the mandrel. This does take practice to burn it off evenly around as you wrap but you will get it down and another thing make sure you have plenty of clear. I use Simax 3mm and 4mm some times 6mm, the clear is cheap so use a lot. Watch out for burning all the way through your mandrel, you will want a lot of heat so watch where your flame is hitting and not to let it sit for to long in one spot or you will lose your beads right onto the table.
The other thing is do not be afraid of mixing and layering colors, you can get some great surprises.

StefaniBeads
08-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Deb - I LOVE your pansies! :)

Kristan - Gosh! Droooool!! It's amazing, what you do! :cool:

Debbie - Black and white with the little pink roses, I love that! My DD is telling me that it's a "hot" color combination now. ;)

Cindy - I especially like the one on the left! I'm trying to practice more with those, and I like how nicely shaped yours are! The encasing is difficult for me. :rolleyes:

Llama Girl
08-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Oh my goodness! Deb, those are BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I could do such wonderful flowers...Kristan, your work is, as usual, fabulous!! I actually won a bead from you a while back, but I haven't been able to decide what to do with it...mostly I take it out, drool over it, show it to my friends when they come over, but I haven't stumbled upon the proper inspiration for such an incredible bead (it's one of your boro spiral raised dots with differing base colors). Thanks to everyone for posting such great work!!