PDA

View Full Version : a sunflower bead I can live with

kybeadmaker
08-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Here's what I ended up with for the sunflower bead I was working on. The son of one of my friends asked me to do a sunflower bead in memory of his dad, for his mom. His dad was a master gardener and loved sunflowers. His mom is the woman I met after finding her bouquets on the grave of her brother here in Louisville. Her brother died in WWll and she has been sending flowers to his grave on Memorial Day and Christmas for 50 years. I did beads about her, before I found her, called Violets for Mary. After three years of reading the notes she sent with the flowers..one of them had her address on it and I wrote to her. We've been friends ever since. Isn't cyberspace wonderful sometimes????
Harriet

beadsbylaura
08-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Harriet

That bead is stunning. The vibrancy of the petals really zings with the blue. That is the best Sunflower bead I have ever seen. Fab!! :clap:

Laura

Lori Peterson
08-28-2004, 02:31 PM
Harriet, that is a beautiful story and and even more beautiful bead to go along with it.

gailjoseph
08-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Here's what I ended up with for the sunflower bead I was working on. The son of one of my friends asked me to do a sunflower bead in memory of his dad, for his mom. His dad was a master gardener and loved sunflowers. His mom is the woman I met after finding her bouquets on the grave of her brother here in Louisville. Her brother died in WWll and she has been sending flowers to his grave on Memorial Day and Christmas for 50 years. I did beads about her, before I found her, called Violets for Mary. After three years of reading the notes she sent with the flowers..one of them had her address on it and I wrote to her. We've been friends ever since. Isn't cyberspace wonderful sometimes????
Harriet

What a lovely bead and lovely, heartwarming story! It is really nice to hear about you reaching out in this day and age :clap: :clap:

quill
08-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Harriet- Your beads shine almost as bright as your spirit. Too beautiful!

GardenGirl1002
08-28-2004, 08:48 PM
Harriet,
What an absolutely gorgeous bead. And what a purely wonderful story!! I loved both of them. I'm so glad you finally came up with a sunflower bead that you're happy with - and with good reason!
Great job.

Ellen Altamore
08-28-2004, 09:16 PM
You're my hero. :D

Nonie
08-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Harriet...your bead is lovely . What a beautiful story. It really warmed my heart to read it.

StefaniBeads
08-29-2004, 12:09 AM
What a beautiful bead and a beautiful story. :)

Juls
08-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Harriet,

Your sunflower is beautiful...very vibrant.

What a special gift to commemorate her memories of her brother...and what a beautiful soul you are!

*big hugs*
~Juls