PDA

View Full Version : "French Village"

Bertoni
08-28-2004, 10:30 AM
This is a new one, just finished. 14x18 size framed. C&C, thanks!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2004/28168-French_village.jpg

Artguy29
08-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Bertoni,

This is beautiful! I love the watercolor-like style. You have done an excellent job on the water. It gives the feeling that you can see right through it, yet it's not clear. The only thing that looks a little off is the bridge in the distance. I think it should be more level. Also, I think the red should be dulled a little; it looks too bold to be that far back. It's misleading because you have a very faint color on the farthest building, but then you have the bold red on the bridge. Other than that, it looks wonderful!

Dave

Bertoni
08-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks Dave! You're so right! I went a little overboard on the bridge color. It does need reigning in a bit! Will do!!! :)

sassybird
08-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Yep, the only thing I see wrong is the bridge also. I espeically love the water, and the shadows cast on it. The pink of the road looks a bit out of place, but I have seen roads like that in my travels. It gives the whole piece a spring like quality.

romell
08-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Love your style, Bertoni. Nice work. :clap:
As for the pinkish road, we have a lot of them here but in dark red.

Bertoni
08-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Charissa and Romell:
Glad you like this one....the road/path could probably use a bit of tweaking, maybe a slightly dulled down red? :) :)

chandlerjr
08-28-2004, 11:36 PM
Bertoni,
Nice work! Was this from a photo you took? The composition is excellent.
Larry C.

Bertoni
08-29-2004, 05:04 AM
Larry: I forgot to mention - the image was from the WC Image Library! :)

billiam
08-29-2004, 06:09 AM
doing great artwork, enjoy viewing. bill

Bertoni
08-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Bill: Appreciate the thought!! :)

chandlerjr
08-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Bertoni,
If you notice the time on my post, it was rather late at night. I felt the need to expand further on my thoughts on your painting. I don't know if this is your goal, but, having studied the French Impressionist movement extensively, I feel you are getting closure to the "look and feel" than many I have seen. You haven't mastered the craft, in that area yet, but your works are moving in the direction (my opinion). When you look at the works of the American Impressionist, Charles Mundy, your works bear some resemblance. Keep working at this--I am starting to like your work more and more (not that you would care).
Larry C.

Bertoni
08-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Larry:
Yes, that is the direction I'm working toward! I have an awful lot to learn and am moving toward it in small steps experimenting as I go!!
I thank you profusely for your good words on my progress in that direction and will check out Mundy's work!! :)
ps: Just looked at Mundy's paintings. Quite impressive!! Thanks for tuning me in to his stuff!!!!

SilverLady
08-29-2004, 08:47 PM
I love this painting.
Silverlady

chandlerjr
08-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Bertoni,
I can tell by your work that you are starting to see light and color the way an impressionist does. I have just ordered Mundy's book, "Charles W. Mundy, An American Impressionist." I am really looking forward to getting it.

I think you are on the right track--you just have to now stay the course!
Larry C.

Larry:
Yes, that is the direction I'm working toward! I have an awful lot to learn and am moving toward it in small steps experimenting as I go!!
I thank you profusely for your good words on my progress in that direction and will check out Mundy's work!! :)
ps: Just looked at Mundy's paintings. Quite impressive!! Thanks for tuning me in to his stuff!!!!

Lady Carol
08-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Another great landscape Bertoni.

The colours are really wonderful and watercolour-esque.Brilliant.

Bertoni
08-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Silverlady: Happy you do!! Thanks! :)

Larry C: I'm definately going to stay the course! I love this way of painting! It feels right for me!! Didn't know Mundy has a book out. Will check into it! :)

Carol: Thanks much for the accolades!!! I appreciate it:)

Lady Carol
08-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Silverlady: Happy you do!! Thanks! :)

Larry C: I'm definately going to stay the course! I love this way of painting! It feels right for me!! Didn't know Mundy has a book out. Will check into it! :)

Carol: Thanks much for the accolades!!! I appreciate it:)

Your welcome.

This style really suits you. It is distinctive and definitely in the future people are going to say that they just bought a Bertoni. And Bertoni will be whispered about in awe :wink2:

Bertoni
08-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey Carol:
Gee whiz WOW! Thanks again. I appreciate your confidence in my stuff!!!
:D

Bertoni
09-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Larry C:
Checked into the Mundy book and found it to be quite expensive. I'll see if I can locate it at the library. It looks to be a worthwhile book. Hope I can get to read it!!! :)

katz
09-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Lovely scene Burt. I love the comp. and colors. Your style is great.
Gay

Bertoni
09-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Gay: Glad you think it works well!!! I had a lot of fun painting it!! :)