PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Saturday Aug 28

earthenwood
08-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Hey, can this be right? No S&T today? This is my first time ever starting one! How fun!

OK, here is another new thing. I am having so much fun with these buttons and I am getting really excited about sewing. I am researching sewing machines, I have found some great funky jacket patterns, and I am starting to drool over fabric. All in order to use these handmade buttons! Here are the rest of the pictures of new designs from my new little button catalog.

Gingerbiscuit
08-28-2004, 09:07 AM
These are lovely! I particularly like the dragonfly and the left hand face.

McDuck
08-28-2004, 09:21 AM
I liek the dragonfly and basketweave heart and the small face with flowers. Very nice! youare a busy thing arent you Melanie! buttons buttons buttons!

I put these in the glass forum show and tell, but get more response out of you guys. *THANK YOU*

6" plat across diagonal, black high glossy black glaze and Val frit - Ocelot Spots. When I return from vacation I plan on working up more colors for my pendants and making some larger versions for some gallery around here.

-Mary

Gingerbiscuit
08-28-2004, 09:54 AM
6" plat across diagonal, black high glossy black glaze and Val frit - Ocelot Spots.

Very classy! That frit is gorgeous. :)

BBsBaubles
08-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Melanie, I love them all. I just can't pick a favorite! I think the color also enhances the earthy feeling. Great job :clap:

Mary, not only do I like the use of frit, I also love the shape. The angular lines give it an added dimension.

Here's one from me. I just can't get myself in the fall color mood yet. Lampwork created by WC's GinaJ (I love her stuff).

Andee
08-28-2004, 11:43 AM
Melanie - great buttons, my faves are the one in the top left and the one in the bottom right corner! And the dragonfly!

Mary - that plate is GORGEOUS!! :clap:

Beth - yummy bracelet, very summer-ly, reminds me of watermelons! :)

Nothing from me today, I've run out of ideas! :eek:

gb-beads
08-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Mary! Love the use of Val's frits!!

Beth, pretty bracelet with Gina's beads -- great colors

Melanie! You rock! Those are incredible!! :clap:

DD Holly is here this weekend and I just grabbed this necklace off her neck to take a picture. Pearls and her lampworked beads -- She's Holly Bailey Designs on WC but doesn't post very often -- Can't do it from work and has a dial-up at home :rolleyes:

flynfire
08-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Well, I've been in a big creative funk for weeks. :crying:
I made a couple of pieces for the Women Soaring Pilots Assn. Their logo is a glider and the pair-of-birds "W" (for women). I also made a really fugly reversible pendant of Brazilian agate and peridot. I don't know why I"m posting it. Must be the bourbon talkin'. :) (The photo even stinks. You can't see the bands in the agate or the green of the peridot!) Oh well, I had fun!
Kit

McDuck
08-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Thank you all!

beth - great bracelet I love the simple lines!

genie - that is BEAUTIFUL!!! I would wear it if i ever had a place to go!

kit - I dont see anything wrong with the carnelian :) i like!

mary

TheBlueBetween
08-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone!

Mary I love that plate/bowl/thing!!!! great shape and design with the frit!

Kit, which one were you saying was ugly? I hope it was the first one because that is the one I like the best - I think it would look really great on a black leather cord. Hope your block is lifting or lifted. Blocks suck.

gb-beads - very pretty necklace of your daughters!

Andee, you can't have run out of ideas!!! Join my freeform challenge then before you get bored. ;)

Melanie, I love all your beads - they are all great.

Nothing from me AGAIN... maybe soon...

:) Pam

TheBlueBetween
08-28-2004, 10:50 PM
Beth, I missed you - sorry! Your bracelet is very yummy too - i like the colors and shapes and all the silver you connected them with - just my style.

Pam

JAM Creations
08-29-2004, 10:29 AM
It's so nice to come back from missing a day or two & find all these lovelies to gaze upon! Nice work everyone!

Andee
08-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Genie - your DD made a gorgeous necklace! :)

Kit - nice stuff! :)

Pam - don't worry, I spent some time at the torch so I could be productive again today! ;) As for your challenge - freeform isn't really my cup of tea, soz... Otherwise I would join, of course! :)

Oskadis
08-30-2004, 05:12 AM
Gorgeous work :) Love going online on Mondays and see the pretties from the weekend s&t. :D