PDA

View Full Version : ebay or just beads

Jan Christiansen
08-28-2004, 08:07 AM
I have not sold on ebay for a couple of years but want to get going again. I know the market is flooded for lampwork but I still want to give it a shot. My question is, should I start with Just Beads or Ebay or both? I am intimidated by getting things set up on Ebay. Just Beads format seems a little easier to do. I would like to get a template set up so I don't have to do that every time. It seems that you have to know HTML to get anything other than just a plain format. I would like to spend some time (while my son is home to help me) and have it look professional. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Helen Simon
08-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi Jan, I write my listings in Frontpage, which is an html editor, then you copy/paste it into the description part of the listing. You need to host your pictures in a photo place, I use photoisland.com, so you can copy/paste the links where you want them. I use lots of pix, usually 4 or more for each listing. You make more on eBay, or at least I do, so justbeads is something I need to develop.hth, love, Helen, who will gladly help more w/ what I know...

PS This is for beads, rather than finished jewelry...even if it's jewelry, call it beads:)

McDuck
08-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi Jan,
I dont do lampwork right now, so I dont sell it on the bay or just beads, but I do sell my ceramic beads and I love Just Beads! Seems to be a different type of customer from Freebay.
-Mary

Jan Christiansen
08-29-2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks Helen and Mary. My husband has set me up on Frontpage. Now we just have to figure out how to get that over to ebay. I will become very computer literate whether I want to or not.