PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's AT 8-28-2004

McDuck
08-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Morning Everyone! It has been raining here so much and so hard that our basement is :eek: flooding.Why else would I be typing at 430 in the morning! :confused: :( We water seald everything except behind the stairs. As a matter of fact we didnt notice there was raw dirt behind the stairs (note to self when buying older house to look better at it!) Of course you cant throw sealer on it, now we have to take the stairs off and cement the wall and then seal it all up :mad: as though we needed this with holiday on monday. BUt I guess it's better than the sump pump not working, which knock on wood is doing a bang up job.

I just took allt he MOP shells out of the kiln and WOW they look great along with some MOP baby sea urchins which are quite nummy! *insert lip smacking icon here*

Here is too a better show for Carla, Lish and I (and thank you Lish for sharing your table with me!! :clap: ) I found another source for stainles steel headpins other than kamal, and as soon as he gets them in I will share with you all. This guys has nice product aND has some awsome hollow SS beads and findings, feather light! A little pricier, but quality quality quality.

Okay I dont know if I can go back to bed or if i have to go back down and wring towels :mad: ACK!

Donna - tell Jon I said HAPPY belated Birthday! and hope all is well with you and yours up north, miss you.

And to everyone else, I miss you all too!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

Gingerbiscuit
08-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Happy Saturday everyone! Good luck with all that water Mary. Older houses can come up with surprises, can't they. I've had a few myself (this house is over 450 years old).

I can't wait to see your shells! And I'm glad that this is a good show for you!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. It is a long weekend here too, with Monday as a bank holiday. And it's not raining! Woohoo! There's a first this summer! (Almost!) We have had the worst summer on record, with dreadful humidity. Let's hope September will be nice! :)

debkauz
08-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Mornin' all

Mary--are you rusting yet?! I can't believe that it's raining again! We really had a huge round of thunderboomers last night, huh? I am tired of bad hair days! LOL

Lynne--have a great holiday weekend. I thought ours was next weekend?! I'm stll not sure when it is.

I am, as usual, at work. I only work 8hours today and then get to go to Costco to pick up lunch/dinner for 14 women coming to my house for the Cubs game tomorrow. Part of them will get here tonight and we are going out for dinner. I picked middle eastern as it is a bit exotic, but not TOO exotic. They are from Iowa and some of them haven't had the luxury of all the ethnic dining in Chicago. No, that's not me :angel: ...THEY said it! LOL! We usually have a lot of fun and I assume that this will be no exception.

Have a great, DRY weekend, all!

Deb :wave:

DH just called me at work. We got 2.75 inches or rain in the rain gauge overnight. Didn't even rain all night!

Gingerbiscuit
08-28-2004, 08:36 AM
then get to go to Costco to pick up lunch/dinner for 14 women coming to my house for the Cubs game tomorrow.

You are making me want to go to Costco too! Ours do a great ready made salad with prawns and crayfish tails. Yummmmmm! Have a great time with your friends! Middle Eastern sounds good! :)

LLane
08-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Morning all..... :wave:
Mary...... yuk... I hear you with the rain... weather here has really been great all summer.... rain has contained itself for the most part to nights and hasn't really bothered me! BUT... it's just miserable yesterday and today and we have the big deal wedding today.... It just doesn't seem right!! boo!

Also, we haven't had water in our basement for 4 years...... and today there is a little puddle near one of the front walls. What else!! I'm trying to sell this place for the luvapete !!!!

Lynn... have a great holiday... 450 years old? That's such a novelty to those of us here in the states!!! Can't even imagine! My house in Key West is really old at almost 100!!!!
Deb... mmmmmm love mid-eastern food.... it's a big deal here in Toledo.. have been turning on my other "mid-Ohio" friends for years! Have a great weekend with the girls.... sounds great! (wishing we had a costco here too!)

Now... I think I should get off here and pay attention to the big deal wedding and brunch and houseguests and stuff! :D

Peace,
Lois

Beads-Me!
08-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi-ho all! Good morning from lovely Owensboro Kentucky! Just a quik fly by as we're on the way out the door to pick up Gabby's birthday cake - she's 11 today. Then hopefully we'll have some time to play with beads and jewelry. If not... we're still having a very fun day! See you all later................ :)

Barrie
08-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Morning all! Mary, so glad the show is going well for you! Hope the water isn't too big a pain inthe butt. Wish we could help you bail! Deb, sounds like a fun time for you gals!! Enjoy the feast! Lynne, I think the oldest house in our neighborhood is about 40 years old! Can't even imagine 450! The old architecture is one of the main reasons dh & I would LOVE to go to England one day! Lois, I hope the wedding goes off without a hitch! So sorry to hear it will be a wet one! And enough with the house problems! You certainly deserve a break! Maybe there will be potential buyers for your house that owna a duck, and don't mind a little water in the basement!? :evil: :) Just kidding! Quick :wave: to Nancy!! Glad you're having fun!

It's raining here again today. Which normally is no problem, but I'm supposed to be doing an outside bead demo. Guess I better stop on the way and buy a jacket! I spent a small fortune when I was away stocking up on sumer shirts and stuff that were on sale (awesome deals!), didn't think I'd need anything long sleeved for a while yet! Oh yeah, got a new tattoo last night - yeah another one! (pic below!) :) It's another dragon (big surprise!) LOL! Now I'm on the hunt for more pictures!!
Well, guess I better get to work, gotta pack up the tools and glass for the demo. Have a productive day! And try to stay dry!!

flynfire
08-28-2004, 09:22 PM
And which part of the anatomy IS that, Barrie? :D
Kit

Barrie
08-28-2004, 10:47 PM
On my back, right left shoulder blade, opposite the one from two weeks ago! My dh thinks I need a full back piece now, to tie everything together. Not! (yet! LOL!) It's a bit of an addictive hobby, much like anything else I do! :evil: :)
(now, off to find more dragons I can use for tattoos!)

McDuck
08-28-2004, 10:50 PM
On my back, right left shoulder blade,

Ummm, Barrie, the right or left shoulder blade is that the right medial or later? or left medial or lateral? it reminds me of an intoxicated person LOL "No Occifer, I didnt drop a drink!"

hehe btw love the tat!

Mary one tired McDuck