PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Saturday 8/28/04

Lori Peterson
08-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Well, it's 12:04am Pacific so I guess I'm the one to start today's show & tell....

Here's the first focal I've done in a good, long time....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2004/12192-depths2.jpg
Here's a bracelet I made out of Addiebeads, Dan Husko beads, Linda Yee beads and my beads...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2004/12192-needatan2.jpg
And I showed this yesterday but, hey, I still like it so what the heck...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2004/12192-funhasbegun4.jpg

& the tell part.....

The focal is done on a base of periwinkle blue, decorated with silvered ivory and encased in medium amethyst, dark blue and dark aqua.
I made the bracelet when I went over to my friend Sarah's house. She and Linda made it so much to make! Thanks guys!!!
The set I made out of sheer despiration to be inspired while I was having some turmoil with darling Desiree. Everything is fine now, thank goodness, but for a while I was tearing my darn hair out!

firemonkey
08-28-2004, 03:45 AM
Hi Lori,
I so love your happy beds and bracelet.
Colors like that make me joyful!
The large focal appears to be home to a penguin,rabbit and a cat.
On purpose? Or a mirage...an illusion?
Here are a few from the Multiple personality Beadmaker.
All morreti: ivory,black,silver leaf,copper leaf.
"Fossilized"
Can't wait to see what the day brings!! :clap:

peteg
08-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Here's a new design for me. It's proving to be pretty popular.
Lori... nice focal. I see a tropical island in there. :cool:

Pete

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=sandpebblesglass&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

jbriz
08-28-2004, 05:25 AM
Awesome stuff folks! Lori...love that bracelet! so fun,....Firemonkey. love the pieces you submitted. I just got copper foil and I'm experimenting for the first time. Yours are an inspiration! Pete...that design is fabulous!

McDuck
08-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Lori - love that bracelet! so happy and cheery and all :clap:

Holly - those really do resemble fossils. great idea!

Pete - Awsome pendant! great design! :D

From moi, please ignor back ground as my photo table was taken down for a few days. Ceramic Plate with Black high gloss ceramic glaze, fired cone 06, Val's frit. Plate is 6" on the diagonal. Question: Val is the ocelot spots lead free? Are all your frits lead free?

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

TwistNglass
08-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Holly,

I can't quit looking at those, in total wonderment. They look like they should be in a museum, for goodness sakes!

Rose

Trey Cornette
08-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Good Morning,
I just wanted to take a moment to thank AlaskaBarb for pointing out the problem with my Ebay link. Without her leting me know that my auction were not coming up I would have never realized there was a problem.
Thanks Barb.
Here is a couple of mor borosilicate experiments. I am really starting to love this glass. The bottom set Moretti Pale Emerald with silvered ivory.
Have a great weekend everyone>
Flame ON!
Trey

AMR GlassWorks
08-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Wow!!! What a great start to this Saturday!!
Lori great beads and great bracelet!!! Love it!!
Holly you know I love your stuff!!!! See ya tonight!
Pete that is a great pendant!! I love your hearts!!
Mary great peice there, reminds me of peices of gold that you would find panning for gold!
Trey, amazing what you do with boro! Love it all!!!
Here are mine that I put up last night, still working with the chintz! :D

Sorry for the "in your face" photos!!!

Elle D
08-28-2004, 09:58 AM
The variety of talent here never ceases to amaze me!

Lori - so cheerful!
Firemonkey - beautiful fossils!
Pete - your hearts are amazing!
Mary - remarkable plate!
Trey - enchanting boro - those colors really speak to me.
Anne - Your chintz patterns are lovely, so soft and feminine.

Simple moretti tiger pattern with amber encasing

backroombeads
08-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Miss Mary, I saw your post yesterday and this one today and I'm curious what clay body or glaze you're working with that keeps the glass from crackling. Or is it your firing-cooling procedure. I've been playing a little with glass and clay but mine are always crackle glass when they're done. I know that glazes have a coe like glass, but I wouldn't have any idea how to find out what it is. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Here is one of mine using Val's frits and homemade gaffer cane.

mtbarr
08-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Trey..think I might get a chance to do some boro today. Am going to try anyway. Your stuff has been so inspiring.
Pete..I think your hearts are the most beautiful I have seen....
I am putting everyones S & T today, into my personal library. It is all really nice art work.. thank you all for sharing with us.

Mine for today..

Toxey's Treasures
08-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Awesome beads everyone!! I love them all!

Anne, the watercolor effect is very beautiful!

Juls
08-28-2004, 10:46 AM
What a way to wake up! *WOW*!!

Lori, that bracelet is gorgeous and the bright set is so HAPPY! wonderful to see on another rainy day.

Holly, I agree, museum quality! I love the shapes and the texture is eyecatching.

Pete, Gorgeous heart!

Mary, love the plate! (Ventilation is so important working with reductions, so I think the frit contains lead)

Trey, your boros are stunning!

Anne, your soft Chintz is TDF.

Elle, Very nice and clean tiger lentils.

Backroom, dontcha love the gaffer? wonderfully whispy focal.

Kay, your horses are wonderful!

I have been playing with the Raku Jitterbug...I LOVE THIS FRIT. The colors have such a myriad of shadings..from soft and subtle to bold and dramatic. This is all moretti..black, copper green, ivory...and some lauscha encasing. I didn't marver the frit on this set to keep the colors soft.

~Juls

dawnann
08-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Good morning all, I'm trying out something different...Silver foil and rubino :p These look really good in person. Have a great day All, Dawn

double S
08-28-2004, 11:09 AM
WOW :clap: :clap: great eye candy this morning. Looking forward to seeing some chinz in person tonight Anne
here are my latest
Psychadelic-- EDP, opal yellow, lavender
Melon--green,black, white
Labor Day--red, white, blue, ivory
Mint Nuggets-- mint green, olive frit, opal yellow
Watermelon-- I love my mini Kalera tool :D My first set with it, tourmaline pink,rose opal, green, ivory
Lisa S

Toni Lutman
08-28-2004, 11:25 AM
Beautiful work everyone! Here are a couple of gaffer ones using some softer colors.

Toni

mperaza
08-28-2004, 11:45 AM
OH MY!!! What beautiful beads today - all of them! I just can't help it - my favorite are the chintz beads from AMR. Firemonkey - your beads are wonderful! and Pete - Love, love, love that heart! I can't remember all of the beads posted here, but they are all beautiful. Great work everyone.

I got to make a few beads 2 nights in a row - here's a few from last night.
Black rose done with lauscha. Coral moretti rose - (great combo for Halloween - huh?) (I will be putting a couple of those on auction within the next couple days). Then I made a few hummers with the gaffer cane I just received from Val. The round beads are the new moretti violet, light plum and dark plum. Just playing with the glass to check it out. I'm not very happy with my beading lately - just not getting enough time in on the torch and I just learned that it's going to be another month or more before my studio is complete.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Marilyn

ooops - guess adding the pics would help!

Juls
08-28-2004, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=firemonkey]Hi Lori,
I so love your happy beds and bracelet.
Colors like that make me joyful!
The large focal appears to be home to a penguin,rabbit and a cat.
On purpose? Or a mirage...an illusion?
QUOTE]

I had to go back and look for the rabbit and cat, but now I see them too!
that penquin is right out there though...can't miss him.

mhartjen
08-28-2004, 01:21 PM
Awesome show and tell! Here is my first electroformed beads ... Marna

koregon
08-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Awesome show and tell! Here is my first electroformed beads ... Marna

Very Cool Marn! Can't wait to see the future of your work with this new added touch...love this!

here are mine...more raku frit stringer beads...I love love love Raku Jitterbug.

dananichols
08-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Beautiful beads everyone!!! Wow!

Lori - I love that bracelet - is that Stephanie Sersich's technique and if not, something you would share - I've been trying to get a chunky bracelet like that put together!!

Marilyn - Those roses are wonderful, they do scream Halloween!

Pete - Fabulous heart, I really like that!
Anne - Beautiful, soft colors.
Lisa - Wonderful color combinations!
Trey - really like the pale emerald with the silvered ivory - just finally got some pale emerald back in and can't wait to use it, you've inspired me!!
Koregan - I really enjoy your organic beads (if that's the name - the reactions I've been seeing in some of your recent beads).

Whew...okay, I'm so sorry if I missed someone....here is my post for the day. This set just went up on ebay and was inspired by a pair of wool pants from Pucci....wasn't sure how they'd turn out but I love the end result.

Trishki
08-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Kaye - I can see why you "love love love" Raku Jitterbug! Very very nice!!!
Gorgeous work everyone else!

I'm no longer a marble virgin!!!
This is my first marble - not pretty, not very round, but it is a 1" marble! :D
There's plenty of scum on it, it fell on my cement floor and rolled away TWICE...I had to run and chase it under the table at the other end of the garage....I think I need to make myself a pair of hotfingers - I tried to balance it in the ring in the handle of my hemostats...not very practical - but it is a MARBLE!
I'm trying to make one good enough to bring to Glass Stock...but I don't think I'll make it. This one took over an hour. Apart from three "warm up" beads, this is all I made last night...

juliecab
08-28-2004, 02:06 PM
You know, there are show and tells, and then, there are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS SHOW AND TELLS, (capped for emphasis!) and this is one of those. I can't even begin to comment on each one as I have to run, but I LOVE Them all! I love the raku jitterbug uses, that is one awesome frit. I can't get it to do what you people are doing, though! What's the trick? I like the look I am getting but it is not multicolored and yummy!

Anyway, new one for me going up on da bay tonight.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2004/13938-blimeysmallweb1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Aug-2004/13938-blimeysmallweb2.jpg

Mary M. Cooper
08-28-2004, 02:14 PM
:cat: Dear FIREMONKEY ( Holly), You will need to give me a tutorial on using copper leaf when I come down in October. You beads today are really beautiful. I Wish I could be with you at the Fireflies meeting tonight. Love, Mom

AMR GlassWorks
08-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Hey Mary!! :wave: Will you be able to make it to the Fireflies meeting that month you are here? When you get the tutorial from Holly I'll come with ya!! :evil: :D

kybeadmaker
08-28-2004, 02:26 PM
YOWSER..you guys are GOOD !!!!!!
Mine for the day...black, copper green and silver pink.
Oh and here is the sunflower bead I finally came up with..it's on another thread, but decided I might as well show it here too...since it really was a trial by fire :) :) !!

JoyceMI
08-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Lots of great stuff agin!!

I just had to comment on Kayes bead. It has a look of like petroglyphs to me. I see a donkey or a burro with tall ears turning and looking at his back end and surrounded by snakes... :rolleyes: If you can't see it, I can gladly point it out to you! LOL :p

Mary M. Cooper
08-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Dear Anne, I hope to be able to attend the October meeting. Holly, Mari and I are going to Houston for the quilt show. I am coming into Austin before the show. I haven't checked the dates so can't say for sure that I will be able to be there.
I love your Chintz beads. Holly will have to tell me all about them. I have a small collection of chintz. Love,Mary

JavaGirlBT
08-28-2004, 04:45 PM
I agree with Juliecab, this is a drop dead gorgeous show & tell. Here's what I made yesterday. The tell part is that it's the four transparent ambers and each inbetween bead is 1/2 and 1/2.

Vaverska
08-28-2004, 05:32 PM
wow! S&T seems to be extra nice the past several days! Awesome EVERYONE!
Lisa...You were busy! Very nice, such variety I'm not sure where to start!
Dawn...Lovely rich color! Your siziing is looking good too!
Toni L., Holly.....all you "organics" folks...I have to say organical beads are my favorites!...and the ones displayed today give me bead envy!
Marilyn...your sculptural ability looks on target to me!...Keep your chin up about your studio... :mad: MINE IS ON HOLD TOO!...I feel your pain!
Pete...lovely shape to your hearts...rather sensual, and I like the asymetrical hanger
Marra...I always thought electroformed stuff looked awesome! All crsty, like it was "dug up"....keep us posted on your progress I look forward to seeing what else you do with this! Being a former Archaeology major, I have a weakness for things that look old!
Kaye...stringer is looking good...think you've inspired me to go pull some frit stringer...but no Raku to play with!
Mary...your ceramics are a nice addition...would love to see more of them!
Dana...nice colors, I find them very laid back and casual!
Trey...Your colors are always so nice! Love the red "marbelized" looking set...looks like Italian book paper.
Trish....having never even attempted a marble, i must say yours looks pretty darn good to me!
Elle...Great shape on those! Love how the direction of the tiger stripe is varied!
Julie...Great POP! Looks light neon lights at night!
Anne...Such pretty soft colors in your lovely chintz beads!
Harriet...Hooray for completing your sunflower! It's awesome!
Ellen...SO NICE, love the Ombre effect! Such a warm lovely color for the fall season!
Lori...I Loved your brights the first time I saw them!...and they appeal to me even more the second!
Kay...someday I'll have to make a pirchase from you! My 12 year old is GAGA for horses and will DIE without one of those! ( she loves horses so much, that she helps at Horses of Hope,a therapy riding program for the physically challenged, many of my clients go there!
Juls...I just cannot tell you how much I love what you've done with such neutral colors! WOW! And you have such a nice variety of looks within each set you do too!
NOW! If I didn't get everyone, I don't know how, as I'm pooped from all the typing!
Again: Nice job everybody! So inspiring!
My one item to share is an enchanted pumpkin...has lots of "glitter"...but i'm afraid due to being scanned, it is not as nice looking as it should betried to fine tune...but with a scanner....

mothergoose
08-28-2004, 05:33 PM
WOW !!
I can't even post cause mine just don't hold up!!

Kaye Those beads are FABULOUS!!! I'm glad I came to look!!

I will get back to your PM I just have to look up the info.

Wow...still drooling over those!.........

Kim

Llama Girl
08-28-2004, 08:06 PM
My goodness - everyone's beads are so beautiful :clap: . I've been lurking in the shadows for a while, building up courage to post, but I think a show-and-tell is perfect to say 'hello' for the first time. I even have a couple of beads to share!

Hope to post many more times and 'meet' some wet canvasers!!

Toodles for now,
Shannon

quill
08-28-2004, 08:14 PM
Great stuff, I really love that horse bead, Kay.

BeadBraker
08-28-2004, 08:25 PM
Great work everyone!!

I personally had :crying: a bad bead day.
I made like 12 or so and only 3 are "good enough" to make it.

But hooray for all of you!!! :clap: :clap:
Nancy B in IL

TwistNglass
08-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Shannon,

Welcome :wave: and don't be shy, just jump right in. The first time's the scariest so you have no excuses now. You beads are absolutely great! That 1st one really caught my eye. The camera really picked up the colors and it's very pretty. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you often.

Rose

Glitzy Glass
08-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Everyone's beads are so beautiful and awe inspiring! I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried!

Here are some of my beads for the day. Twirlly Bird boro bead set, Boro Horse pendant (my first attempt) and boro Heart bead and just plain boro bead sets.

McDuck
08-28-2004, 10:26 PM
I wanted to thank you all for your kind comments on my plate. It's been hard to post as I havent really been working teh hot glass or enamal for a while, but thought you might find interest in a mix! I am going to try to make some larger serving type platters too and work on other colors. it really is a total blast to do this :D
mary...errrr...mcduck

koregon
08-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Lots of great stuff agin!!

I just had to comment on Kayes bead. It has a look of like petroglyphs to me. I see a donkey or a burro with tall ears turning and looking at his back end and surrounded by snakes... :rolleyes: If you can't see it, I can gladly point it out to you! LOL :p
Thanks everyone on the nice comments on my beads...I love love this stuff..its so fun

Joyce..ya know...I spotted that to...and thought petroglyphs to.
made me want to think more on how I do my designs with stringer...I like that look.