PDA

View Full Version : Pastel attempt number 2 - Modesty, WIP x-post

eponaluna
08-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I haven't finished the last pastel but I'm on to another one anyway, lol. This will be a fairy once I'm done with her. She is about 8x11, pastel pencil on drawing paper. I'm also posting her in the fantasy/sci-fi and structured critique forums. I'm having fun with my one little pastel pencil so far. I can sure get my ideas onto paper faster than with the oils I'm used to! Any comments or suggestions on this one before I proceed and finish her?
Thanks,
Cara

Kathryn Wilson
08-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Just listen to you - you are doing this with one pastel pencil - and I moan and groan all the time that I can't find the right color with all the pastels I have.

This is looking lovely and I can't wait to see more work done on this. Do you have a reference photo you are working from, or is this all out of your imagination?

K Taylor-Green
08-27-2004, 08:23 PM
LOL I'm with Kat! The more we have, the more we want. It's like satalite TV. The more stations there are, the less there is to watch! :D
This is going to be a great piece. Are you a Boris fan?

eponaluna
08-28-2004, 01:25 PM
Lol, I'm too fat and too much of a feminist to really appreciate Boris' work! :wink2: His wife, Julie Bell, though, I have a soft place in my heart for. As far as variety of color choices is concerned....who knows? Maybe I can sell this one for enough to buy *gasp* a second pencil!!!!! At the rate of one new color for every painting, I should be motivated to get LOTS of new art completed. ;)
Cara