PDA

View Full Version : what do you think

Valente
08-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I have painted with pastels for some months and would like to have some critics. I was asked by a relative, who has a wall in a restaurant to be decorated, to paint these two views of the statue of liberty for that purpose. Please send me your opinions.

Tks.

Dark_Shades
08-27-2004, 05:15 PM
I think they are both wonderful....... love the colours in the first, especially the blue how it seems quite luminous, and love the perspective of the second and the light

..... great ideas, well done

DGrau
08-27-2004, 05:20 PM
HI,
Both of these are very nice. Great details and sense of light, I really like them.
This is my personal feeling so feel free to disregard. In the first painting the sky seems so bright it tends to distract my eye. It seems if you would lighten and subdue that a bit it would let my eye linger more on the water and statue. You have done very well with this in my opinion and would think your relative would like these both as they are right now.
best wishes
david

K Taylor-Green
08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
I like them both as is. I don't find the sky distracting at all. Great job!! Your relative will be very happy.

binkie
08-27-2004, 06:36 PM
You've done a wonderful job on both paintings. They can proudly be hanged in your relative's restaurant! I love the colors in the first one, although I do agree with David. My eyes are drawn to the yellow sky.

gwen

dexonsbabe
08-27-2004, 06:45 PM
I love them both but again must agree about the sky well done though :clap:

Kathryn Wilson
08-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I think these paintings will be huge success when they are on the walls - well done! Love the colors in the first - that night time glow of blues and purples. And the second has a wonderful vantage point - well done!

Pinecone Conniff
08-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Wow!! These paintings are awesome!...but I would like to see the torch on the first painting as the brightest element rather than the sky... :eek:
Very creative use of color & composition! :)
Annette

Cherry Cola
08-29-2004, 05:52 PM
I really, really like the second one. I think you did a lovely job. What size are they?

Khadres
08-29-2004, 10:36 PM
I was wondering about the size of these, as well. Very nice, indeed! I think I prefer the second one because the drapery is so lovely, but both are beautiful! Good job!

Valente
08-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Thank you all for the kind critiques. Both paintings mesure 43,00 cm X 68,00 cm. ʹm considering toning down the sky a little bit. My relative liked them so much that he asked me to paint a third view of the statue. Ill ask you to see this one too when finished.

Thanks,

Rui.

Terry Wynn
08-30-2004, 10:51 PM
I am new and trying to lurk quietly but was drawn out of lurking by your lovely paintings. Congratulations! Can't wait to see the third one!

:clap:

Terry

DGrau
08-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Congradulations :) Isn't that the greatest compliment, when they say they want another..well done :clap:
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next
regards
david