PDA

View Full Version : Help with water reflection, please...

baquitania
05-31-2001, 03:21 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-May-2001/sena.jpg

I'm sure this has been covered before, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would save my blank... This is a study for a fictional character for Cilla. Her skin and hair are supposed to be these colors. But I wanted to place the figure thigh deep in water, and have it reflecting. Also the dark & light blue was thrown in using software, and not part of the piece, just as a reference for later color... Can anyone advice on how they do this... as this is not my only project to be using the reflection theme... and I would love some help... thank you in advance... Bobby

[This message has been edited by baquitania (edited May 31, 2001).]

nnelson1
05-31-2001, 04:00 PM
Hey, Bobby!

The best way to render water is to realize that it has no color! It merely reflects and refracts.
So,with that in mind, the important thing is going to be your figures reflection and the reflection of the environment. Throw in the water distortion and, voila!, you'll be all set.

If you like, I'll copy this into PS and do a quickie for you when I get home.

Nick

------------------
Everyone knows the moon's made of cheese...

baquitania
05-31-2001, 04:15 PM
thanks nick, yeah i wasn't going for still water, i want alot of rippling waves, and maybe some foam...can you do that with masking, whaddya think, never used frisket... but getting some soon... go for the Paint Shop, I'd like to see that.

Bobby