PDA

View Full Version : S&T Friday, August 27, 2004

Andee
08-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Hi everybody!

I had this amethyst-pendant for quite a while now, and while I liked its simplicity I absolutely had no idea what to do with it - until last night when I was already in bed, reading LOTR for the umptieth time... I matched it with long silver tubes and faceted amethyst beads. Looks kinda retro, doesn't it? (Somebody showed a clasp like this here at WC a while ago, but I don't remember who it was - I went back in the S&Ts for a bit but couldn't find it anymore, otherwise I would've given her credit... Whoever it was - I hope you don't mind me borrowing your idea! :) ) And the matching earrings, which need to be worked over as they're not equal in length...

Oskadis
08-27-2004, 06:05 AM
Cool design Andee! And the idea of leaving those pin bottoms as decoration for the earhangers is just cool. Mind me borrowing it for my next earhangers ? ;)

Andee
08-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Karen! You can borrow that idea any time you want, sure I don't mind! :)

LLane
08-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Andee.... thanks for showing your "midnight" idea!!!! It's really nice and I like the way you did the clasp too!!!

Peace,
Lois

Gingerbiscuit
08-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Very nice Andee! It's a lovely set. Great idea on the earwires! :)

earthenwood
08-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Andee, Cool mod amethyst! One of my favorite stones. Very nice attention to details with the clasp and earwires! :D

Here is another something new. I can't believe I beat Mrs. McDuck today to the S&T with some ceramics! hehehe Two more new faces to make into buttons, cabs, or pendants. Kitty Face and Princess. I took some to my sewing class last night and sold almost enough to pay for the class itself!

TheBlueBetween
08-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Great faces Melanie ! Good job selling so many last night!

Andee - very retro! I like it :) And I've seen that type of clasp on many different artist's jewelry so I don't think it's proprietary...

Nothing from me again today - lots of idea but nothing is working!

somk
08-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Andee> beautiful clean design , this pendant as well is awesome.
Melanie > I saw your ceramic beads in real life and they are so precious and detailed ! It casts a new light on the picts you show if you see what I mean; now that I've seen th real stuff, I appreciate the picts even more :clap:

Andee
08-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks for all your nice comments! :)

Melanie - cool faces, I 'specially like the cat! (One question tho, what's mod?)

earthenwood
08-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Andee, to me "mod" is like modern. I hope I am not using the word in a dumb way. It has a retro feel, kinda like the 60's jewelry.

Somk, thanks, my efforts do focus on the beads themselves, and I am so stubbornly resistant to learning how to photograph them adequately. Just slap them on the scanner and away I go! I am glad they look better in person! Otherwise I would be in real trouble! :wink2: :D

Andee
08-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Melanie - thanks for explaining. Abbreviations sometimes are a bit difficult for me to understand! :)

earthenwood
08-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Just to make sure I was using the word to decribe what I saw, I did a quick search and found that the Mod style was popular between the 40s-70s and was a part of the Modernist movement. I am not very knowledgable about it, but it makes me think of the 60s and Austin Powers.

Found this interesting website with mod jewelry:
http://www.modvictoria.com/index.html

Juls
08-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Andee, Aren't midnight ideas the best? Beautiful set, you have really displayed that pendant perfectly!

Melanie, Nice ceramic work! The princess face is precious.

I have 3 UFOs in various stages of completion...I'm hopping between them all so can't seem to get just one finished! lol (the voices....the beady little voicesssss........) :D

~Juls

Kerensamere
08-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Andee-
I really like that pendant! I completely understand about the midnight inspiration, I do most of my work between 9pm and 1am :rolleyes:

So did you solder a flat piece of silver bar to the collar around the stone and drill a hole in it for stringing? It's an idea that I might try for my stained glass jewelry designs if you don't mind. I use silver wires that I coil myself and then solder onto my pieces in order to string them but the bar might be stronger and more consistent.

-Jen

Sassyglassgal
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
love the silver and purple necklace, earthenware love the cat face, I'm and died in the wool animal lover, so I am always drawn to bead sculpture that way. My addition is a bracelet I made for myself(can you believe it) how often do we make things for ourself, or only to make it and sell it off our wrist?? Anyway, we'll see how long this one lasts. I wear black and tan so I came up with a few different designs. :cat:

Andee
08-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Melanie - thanks for the link, interesting site! :)

Juls - ta! :)

Jen - thanks! No, I didn't do that, the pendant was like that to begin with, I really just strung it! :) And of course I don't mind you trying that out!

JAM Creations
08-27-2004, 08:13 PM
love the work shown today! Especially the ceramic faces--I could see those beaded around with lots of fringe! A couple from me--some ivory & coral lampwork beads (mine) with coral pieces, crystals & sterling silver.

Kerensamere
08-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Jodie -- I really like that combination of the smooth coral colored beads with the spikey texture of the coral itself, that looks great!

Thanks for the OK Andee :-) It definitely has my gears movin' for new ideas!

-Jen

McDuck
08-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Andee, Cool mod amethyst! One of my favorite stones. Very nice attention to details with the clasp and earwires! :D

Here is another something new. I can't believe I beat Mrs. McDuck today to the S&T with some ceramics! hehehe Two more new faces to make into buttons, cabs, or pendants. Kitty Face and Princess. I took some to my sewing class last night and sold almost enough to pay for the class itself!

Hmmm...maybe cuz I was a the whole bead show rubbing elbows with our own Carla! What a great gal!

And cuz I didnt get any pics taken. I know :crying: bad duckie

LOL

anywaY, Andee, love that set!

Melanie, very nice faces..more more

mary