PDA

View Full Version : "CHECK" This Out! LOL!

Lori-O
08-26-2004, 07:39 PM
When I went to order my new checks they let me put any photo I wanted so I just chose this bangle. Kinda cool, huh?

Emjay
08-26-2004, 09:04 PM
I did the same thing! Just got 'em today. I put the bangle I entered in Connnie Fox's contest on mine. Wish they could be in color, and not cut off part of the picture. They are really neat, though.

Lori-O
08-27-2004, 12:19 AM
OOOOOHHHH!! I LOVE that bangle!! Your's was my favorite!!! :clap:

It was the loosly wound wire and the blue/green bead, right?

How did you make that? Like, how did you finish the ends and get the uniform coil look and get the LOS on so evenly? I'm pretty new to the jewlery arts, but I do know that I like the loose organic looks a lot and that's what I tend to make.

See ya!

I did the same thing! Just got 'em today. I put the bangle I entered in Connnie Fox's contest on mine. Wish they could be in color, and not cut off part of the picture. They are really neat, though.

McDuck
08-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Very cool where di dyouorder them from?

ringslingin
08-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Oh man I must order new checks IMMEDIATELY!!!

Emjay
08-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the compliment! I wound individual random wire "beads", each about 1/2 inch long on a 3/32 mandrel with my wire winder. Then I threaded them onto a 12 gauge wire for the base. I don't use liver of sulfur to antique my pieces. I use Black Max from Rio. It turns the metal black IMMEDIATELY. Then I rinse the wire beads, pat them dry and polish them on a Scotch Brite pad to get the outside black off, then rub them on a Sunshine cloth to shine it up. I use these beads a LOT in different gauges in my work. If you have any more questions, PM me--but I'm gone til Sunday night (getting certified in PMC!).
Mary, I ordered my checks from Checks in the Mail online. My checks have the picture in the middle of the check, though.
(no affiliation with any company names mentioned in this post!)

BBsBaubles
08-28-2004, 10:58 AM
I LOVE that idea! We all want to know, where did you order the checks? Spill the beans! :envy:

Lori-O
08-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I LOVE that idea! We all want to know, where did you order the checks? Spill the beans! :envy:

Sorry.. just been swamped.. I ordered them through my bank online. The box says: www.checkreorderexpress.com, the box says Clarke American.