PDA

View Full Version : Online payment options - lets start a list!

timelady
10-17-2001, 05:07 AM
Since we're discussing PayPal I thought it would be worthwhile to list other online payment options, particularly in view of PayPal's fees. Here's the others I know of:

BILLPOINT - eBay's credit card company, US only. Not sure what their fees are like.

BIDPAY - $5 fee, sends a Western Union US$ money order to seller. Very good if you can cash US$ (UK people, see Auctionpix)

NOCHEX - UK only, lets people pay with a debit card (Switch, Solo, Delta). 99p fee to upload money (you can upload lots and just pay one fee) or withdraw money (any amount)

YAHOO PAYDIRECT - No fees! US only, the limit is the limit on your credit card.

AUCTIONPIX - UK only, this is an individual in the UK who can cash any US$ money order or cheque then sends you the sterling. He makes charges no fees and has a very good reputation in the eBay community. :)

PAYPAL - leading company for transactions. Personal account limit of $100 a month, Premier and Business accounts charged at .30 + 2.9%. High exchange rate (retail rate) for foreign currencies, but is available to international users. (For businesses PayPal's fees still might be lower than renting your own credit card machine from a bank)

Any others? I know there's more out there. Maybe some more alternatives for the Australians too?
Tina.

CarlyHardy
10-17-2001, 10:59 AM
This is a website that lists online payment options....too many for me to copy and post here!

Let us know if you use any of these, too! Sometimes what sounds good in principle is not so good in practice.
carly

(I wanted that clickable!)

http://ganges.cs.tcd.ie/mepeirce/Project/oninternet.html

tammy
10-17-2001, 04:41 PM
http://www.payingfast.com

With autoinsert banner, which I personally would suggest not using because they ask you for your eBay user name and password. But they have banners also that you can put in yourself.

TeAnne
05-01-2003, 05:44 AM
We have Paymate (https://www.paymate.com.au/)
FAQ (javascript:showURL('sitehelp/SiteHelpIndex.html#FAQIndex');)

sandge
05-01-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by timelady
BILLPOINT - eBay's credit card company, US only. Not sure what their fees are like.
I thought that ebay had stopped supporting Billpoint. If they have not already done so, I believe this is imminent because they have paypal now.

ElizaLeahy
05-01-2003, 05:22 PM
Western Union - VERY expensive!

Shai
05-01-2003, 10:01 PM
I think AUCTIONPIX also has a service for international users, which gives everyone the ability to receive US cheques and money orders. Unless they changed their rules recently (I haven't checked for some time now).

I used this one once while I was living in Singapore. And, I still plan to use it if necessary (if the buyer doesn't read my auction listing about no cheques and money orders from countries outside Australia). They have very reasonable fees and helpful people. Since my husband still has a UK bank account, I'm all set up with them for direct deposit. The only problem here, of course, is time. It takes about a month for me to receive my money.