PDA

View Full Version : Wear it's at Thursday 8-26

LLane
08-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Morning all..... I'm up way too early.... already on my 2nd or 3rd cuppa..... now off to clean up some beads and start on some PMC charms and beads.... appointment with furnace guy at noon.... did I tell you I need a new furnace... great... just what you want to do, put money into a house you are moving out of while renovating another!!! (not! :rolleyes: )

Hope you all have a great day.... it is pretty yucky here.. with very dark skies and mucho humidity... very wet .... good day to stay in the studio!!

Peace,
Lois

beclectic
08-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Good Morning Lois and all who follow.

What does secured mean in your one word post? Oh I see, just a place holder while you entered your post so no one else would start another Wear Its At thread for today. :)

I've got 2 laptops I have to configure today. Absolutely have to, so I'm going to close my office door and try to stay off of the Chinese Auction #2 thread. Well except to check it every 1 hr. to see if my gift number has been called, no really that is all, no side games. I'm addicted, it is like sitting around and chatting in the villege square while you husk corn or something else mindless. Except there is no husked corn to show for your chatting.

Hope y'all have a fun and productive day. :)

Emjay
08-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Morning Ladies!
I leave for my 3 day PMC certification class tomorrow! I'm so excited! Have a good day, all!

tamjai
08-26-2004, 08:24 AM
lois - as they (who are theyanyway?) say with a house or a car, just keep your wallet open, it's easier....!! hope you get into your new place soon!
I'm sad because two good friends are moving far away today and it's going to be hard to see them again - thank the stars for these computers!!
barb and jean hello - we posted at the same time!
have a great day all :wave:
tam

McDuck
08-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Hello Everyone and thank you Lois for starting the thread today! I was begining to feel like McDuck Wear It's At LOL *insert laughing icon here*

Lois - that is always a bummer when you have to invest larger sums of money to sell the house. But it will sell dont worry.

Barbara, I really badly wanted to do the chinese auction *sniffles* maybe they will do it again after my holiday!

Jean - You will love Sherry! she is so awsome!!! Tell her hello and I will return! i have vacation next week, oh shoot i will just call her.

Tam- it is always rough when close friends move away. sending you alittle comfort your way!

As for me, up to 3am this morning, going to go peak at thekiln but it should still be tooooo hot. Then to glaze the rest of the day, start another firing early afternoon and lat eevening then off to the show! Hope to see you all there.

have a great wet overcast thursday!! *I think we are starting to mildew here :rolleyes: *
-Mary

TheBlueBetween
08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone :)

Lois think of it this way - new furnace is a great selling point - perhaps it will help your house to sell... and will be more reason not to negotiate down on your price when the time comes - you'll get your money back!

Barbara good luck with the laptops - I don't think you can do it without running back to your office to check on the CA - you know you will forget that one software CD... and then that key you need... oh yeah and where is that wireless card... etc etc. :) Thank you for offering to picture sit - I've sent you mine :)

Jean have fun at your PMC class!!! I want to do that too! (it's on my LONG list of things I want to do - but at least I have a list - wouldn't it be sad not to have one?)

Hi Tam - sorry about your friends moving away - I've been on both ends and yes, good thing for computers these days! It makes it much easier, that's for sure.

Well I have to go help the preschool move this morning - my husband is going to take Luke to work with him and then to soccer and lunch so he won't be in the way... that will be fun for them I think! (More fun than moving a preschool!) Then I'm actually looking forward to trying to turn that beaded cab into a pendant - I couldn't fall asleep for all the ideas floating around in my head last night - always a good sign that a slump is on it's way out, don't you think?

See you all later :)
Pam

Mary you snuck in on me... where did you decide to go on vacation, anyway? Hope you get lots of beadies made today!

Hi Lynne :) Good luck at the hospital tomorrow - CA is very slow right now... not much of a distraction I don't think.... wish some pictures would start getting posted already!

Gingerbiscuit
08-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Hi Lois, Barbara, Jean, Tam, Mary, Pam, and all who stop by later. I hope itís a great day for everyone. I have a long hospital appointment in Manchester tomorrow morning that Iím fretting about, so I need to distract myself! I will combine it with a trip to China Town for supplies Ė we are running low on lots of stuff, and the selection (and prices) there are second to none. I mostly cook Thai. I was taught by a good friend, who is Thai. I think Iíll check out the CA thread for a little distraction! I wish someone would pick my number! Iím waffling! :D

TheBlueBetween
08-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Thought some of you would find these as wonderful as I do!

http://www.lillypillydesigns.com/index.htm

Have fun and try not to spend too much money :evil:

Barrie
08-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Good morning!! Quick fly by :wave: . I'm actually going to work today!! Gotta finish all my custom stuff!!! Have a great productive day!!!

McDuck
08-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi Ginger and Pam and Barrie!a yes Pam, lots of pretties from my kiln today. I posted a few inteh show and tell. As for my holiday, we are going to ST Louis. Should be lots of fun!

-Mary

DonnaBee
08-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Everyone!

:wave:

Day two of both my boys at school full time, for the first time ever! :D

(Day one, they came home happy and without complaints. That is a good start. :) )

I am finding this a major adjustment. It's going to be a good thing for me, for sure, and I am slowly remembering that I am a person! (Meaning, a person who doesn't have constant demands on them. If you know what I mean. :wink2: )

The first thing I want to do for *me* is get my hair trimmed AGAIN (it seems to grow really fast lately and it's too thick) and organize my beading table, which I haven't truly done since I moved July 1st.

The saga of the activities of my sister and her friend who illegally harassed me over the internet is quieted down. My sister is not allowed to contact me in any way, from now on. I told her, and she understood - it was all very calm. It's one of the saddest things ever in my life, but it had to be done. She is my only sibling, 2 years younger than me.

Now I keep fearing an invasive phone call or internet contact from her or someone she knows, and only time will lessen this. It will get better. (I am ready to call the police if there is any sort of contact made to me or my family from her or one of her friends.) It's a long and bizarre story, as you might well imagine.

I really hope and pray she leaves me alone. Thanks for listening to my sadness.

McDuck
08-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi Donna, a big soothing huggles for you. <:D> <-- this is supposed to be a hug if it works. It is very sad what some people will do our of spite, or low self esteem or sheer hatred. I feel terrible for you that it is your own sister as you are one of the nicest people I have ever met! I just cant imagine treating you so poorly.

Well my Daphne just came home from work sick as a dog. She cought it from her manager at work who wouldnt stay home! so I ordered her to her room to get better and not to infect us! I really dont want to be sick with a head cold etc whilst riding a motorcycle! :eek:

You all have a great day! and Donna, enjoy that *Donna time* and get my hair trimmed when yougo okay?

hugs,
Mary

DonnaBee
08-26-2004, 03:30 PM
enjoy that *Donna time* and get my hair trimmed when yougo okay?

LOL!!!! I will Mary!!!

(((hugs back)))

:D :wave: :D

HI Wearable friends! Glass friends too! (those who read here!)

Why is it, that life tends to be as intensely beautiful as it is awful? Did you ever have extremely good things happening to you, at the same time as really bad things?

I know many have. It's like that book Tuesday's With Maury, when he talks about "standing in the tension of opposites".

I am so grateful for this wonderful place to write..... and know there are friends who hear..

Well, bye for now! Jon is 12 today, and I am off to help Brian bake him a cake! Yes...... CHOCOLATE!!!!! :evil: :D

TheBlueBetween
08-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Yay Donna - I'm glad things are calming down at your place - what a nightmare it sounds like. Hugs, because I know you need them. And enjoy your free time!!! That sounds so exciting! Happy Birthday to Jon too :)

Gingerbiscuit
08-26-2004, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=DonnaBee]Now I keep fearing an invasive phone call or internet contact from her or someone she knows, and only time will lessen this. It will get better. (I am ready to call the police if there is any sort of contact made to me or my family from her or one of her friends.) It's a long and bizarre story, as you might well imagine.
QUOTE]

Hugs, Donna. If this happens, remember that you are in control. Put the phone down, delete the email or im. Don't give the satisfaction of a reaction. Thinking of you. :)

Barrie
08-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Donna, I'm sorry to hear it had to come to this with your sister, but you have to think of your dh and boys. Remember we're all here if you need us! (hugs and moral support galore anytime!)

Enjoy your new 'free time' It will seem weird for a while, but you'll soon treasure it, trust me, I know what I'm talking about! LOL! Chocolate cake sounds yummy!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON!!

TheBlueBetween
08-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Now I keep fearing an invasive phone call or internet contact from her or someone she knows, and only time will lessen this. It will get better. (I am ready to call the police if there is any sort of contact made to me or my family from her or one of her friends.) It's a long and bizarre story, as you might well imagine.

Hugs, Donna. If this happens, remember that you are in control. Put the phone down, delete the email or im. Don't give the satisfaction of a reaction. Thinking of you. :)

exactly - except don't delete the email. Save it in case you need to go to the authorities with it. Online stalkers are scary and should be dealt with by the police.

Gingerbiscuit
08-26-2004, 05:42 PM
exactly - except don't delete the email. Save it in case you need to go to the authorities with it. Online stalkers are scary and should be dealt with by the police.

Oh, good point! You are quite right Pam.

Lynne x