PDA

View Full Version : Calligraphy

Algarbi
08-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to post Calligraphy but anywayz here it goes.

This this just kinda doodle as I am practising calli again, that why I have used cheap paper.

This is a quotation from Mathew 7:12. I did it in 2 hours and as a result is has a mistake there instead of "outos" it should be "outros". Anyway.... I have used water colour, gouache, indian ink and gold. The gold was used on the lateral and vertical thick lines of the border.

I studied calligraphy some time ago and this is my first piece of calligraphy after a long time... I must practise more.

I am sorry about the bad scan, I have problems with my scanner since I installed WinXP

Thank you for looking.

Sandro

MarciaJane
08-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Sandro this is so lovely !! Such delicate work and beautiful calligraphy.

I hope to see more like this from you... keep at it. :)

sassybird
08-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Sandro, this is beautiful, especially after being away from calligraphy for so long. You need to do this on good paper. Also, I would like to invite you to share this over in the Inspirational forum.

Algarbi
08-26-2004, 05:30 AM
Marcia and Sassy ->Thank you so much for your nice words., they are an encouragment for me to continue.

Sandro

Omman542
08-26-2004, 12:55 PM
I really like it! I had to look up the verse just to see what it meant. I especially like the design of the upper case T and the border. I agree with the others, it has a very delicate feel to it and is absolutely lovely!

SilverFeather
08-26-2004, 01:10 PM
This is lovely. Beautiful penwork! Love the border too.
I do calligraphy and have one in the works now that I hope to finish and post soon. It's a nice change from just drawing. :)

mel-ink
08-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Very, very nice!! It's wonderful to see someone doing calligraphy...it's so easy to just punch up a script font these days, it's really great to see someone take the time to create art with letters. Thanks for the inspiration(s)!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Algarbi
08-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Thnak you all for your nice words :)

I have posted a new version of this calligraphy without spelling mistakes, if you would like to see it it is in the Inspirational Art Forum.

Thank you

Sandro