PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At! Wed. Aug 25, 2004

McDuck
08-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Hello all you good folk! :wave: We have another over cast and rainy day predicted in the forecast in the Chicago area! But it will be warm :) I like that part can you tell? I havent looked into mykiln yet as I rolled out of bed with a small sinus headache and am moving slowly yet this morning. More beads to clean, and pour as the sea shells are selling fast off of just beads! And orders coming in on them. I like that. More beads to glaze too and a special piece or two to show you IF they worked out.

I hope everyone has a great productive day ahead of them.

Mary

debkauz
08-25-2004, 09:02 AM
Mornin' Mary and all who follow,
Yeah, what a yucky day here. Looks like it just got sunny here but I think it's supposed to thunderboom later. My garden loves this, but I am getting a bit tired of it. k I would like heat, but WITHOUT the humidity.

I am at work for 12 today. Hope it stays like it is now.

Have great days all!

Deb :wave:

Beads-Me!
08-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Hi Mary and Deb! :wave: Cloudy here too - SURPRISE! ;) I'm going to sneak out and make a few beads before I wake Brenna up and begin the day. Tomorrow she and I are heading to Kentucky to spend a long weekend with Paula and herfamily before school starts Tuesday. Where did the summer go?!?!

Have a great day my friends!

LLane
08-25-2004, 09:13 AM
:wave:
From humid warm Ohio!!! Not raining now... but sure feels wet! Which is ok with me as I need to get to the studio (basement) and make beads!!! I told Mark last night that I need 100 bracelets for the upcoming show..... AAAAAak time to make the beads!! :D

I had a crown done at dentist yesterday and felt like heck the rest of the day... between feeling ouchy and beat up.... and the bad mood, I just missed most of the day! :mad: Let me tell you..... this crown did not make me feel like a princess!!! :D

Hope you all have a great day....
Deb..... hope your work time goes fast
Mary.... hope that sinusyheadachey thing goes away fast!
Nancy...... Hiya..... have fun in KY..... pinch Paula... I mean Hug Paula for me!! :D (you snuck in on me GirlFriend!)

Now..... off to get busy.....

Peace,
Lois > yeah...... right...... 100 bracelets..... giggle giggle

Gingerbiscuit
08-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Hello from wet and stormy England! Whatever happened to summer this year? I hope enveryone has a great day! ;)

TheBlueBetween
08-25-2004, 11:20 AM
:wave: from dark, cold and drizzly Washington too!

I have to tell you yesterday was a total waste. This chinese auction thing is going to kill me ;) LOL. I wish someone would just pick my nuber so I could get it over with.

I'm going to try to salvage things by at least getting my house half clean. It's such a wreck.

Hope you all have better days than THAT!

:) Pam

McDuck
08-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Okay it's raining again here and I am wet. We ran to kohls, mymom had 15% off and gets 15% for being a senior. She says at least there is something good about being old! LOL Now I have to go pour shells. they are flying out of here faster than I can make em!

-Mary

beclectic
08-25-2004, 01:31 PM
The Chinese Auction is really fun but I'm stealing too much time from what I'm supposed to be doing at work here. OK, I feel quilty but I don't think I'm going to do much better this afternoon.

Pam I don't remember where you posted about your son's adventures while you were trying to get torch time but I'm going to respond here. Saturday while I was trying to figure out this Artspan website that is advertising here on WC my DD decided to turn a slight irregularity in our hall plaster wall into a hole down to the lath. It is about six inches tall and about 4 inches wide and since the plaster is so old I'll probably have to knock it all down and replace it with Gypsum Board. Thanks so much Monica, it is amazing what a 3 1/2 year old can accomplish in about 1/2 an hour.

Our weather was very hot and muggy this morning. Around noon the breeze picked up so it is sunny, very warm and breezy. Just about perfect. The leaves have started to fall off some of the trees. It doesn't look like we are going to have a bang up colorful Fall this year. Just leaves turning brown and falling off (southern Fall, not northern Fall). Kentucky with all of its beautiful trees usually has a Fall color delight in late Sept. - Oct.

I just got the new Step by Step Beads and I really want to spend the afternoon reading it. I think maybe it was a mistake having it sent here to work, well.... I know it was a mistake. :D

Y'all have a fun and productive day. I have to go accomplish something so I don't feel any more gulity.

TheBlueBetween
08-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Okay it's raining again here and I am wet. We ran to kohls, mymom had 15% off and gets 15% for being a senior. She says at least there is something good about being old! LOL Now I have to go pour shells. they are flying out of here faster than I can make em!

-Mary

Yay Mary! Your shells are beautiful - keep putting them up on just beads! And your other goodies too!

TheBlueBetween
08-25-2004, 01:38 PM
The Chinese Auction is really fun but I'm stealing too much time from what I'm supposed to be doing at work here. OK, I feel quilty but I don't think I'm going to do much better this afternoon.

Pam I don't remember where you posted about your son's adventures while you were trying to get torch time but I'm going to respond here. Saturday while I was trying to figure out this Artspan website that is advertising here on WC my DD decided to turn a slight irregularity in our hall plaster wall into a hole down to the lath. It is about six inches tall and about 4 inches wide and since the plaster is so old I'll probably have to knock it all down and replace it with Gypsum Board. Thanks so much Monica, it is amazing what a 3 1/2 year old can accomplish in about 1/2 an hour.

I just got the new Step by Step Beads and I really want to spend the afternoon reading it. I think maybe it was a mistake having it sent here to work, well.... I know it was a mistake. :D

Y'all have a fun and productive day. I have to go accomplish something so I don't feel any more gulity.

OMG Barbara it's amazing what they can do with just a couple of minutes of no one watching. Mine climbs walls. Seriously - he CLIMBS the walls. I always thought that was just an expression. I do hope he never puts holes in the walls, but I fully expect that to happen one of these days. Fortunately it would only mean a patch as we have sheetrock... but still.

Enjoy your magazine - put a computer magazine out side it so if anyone asks you are catching up on the latest industry news... LOL.

:) Pam (who is also doing nothing and should be - WC is getting a little out of hand for me...)

Barrie
08-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Looks like it's time to add a WC Addicts forum - therapy for those completely addicted to WC!! :)

Everyone sounds busy as usual, it's wet and rainy here, not gloomy, cause as I'm sure you all know by now, I love the rain. It's perfect weather!! I'm off to check out some laminate flooring today, then to by a DVD/VCR for my studio tv, then home to work, work, work!!! I have so much to catch up on and get done before I sneak out of here next week for Glass Stock!!! Yikes, won't be long before I'm off to Chicago! Where does the time go!?!

Have a fun creative day everyone!!!

Barrie
08-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Oh, and by the way THIS IS MY 1000th post!!!! I think i better go check out that support group for WC addicts! :evil: :D

McDuck
08-25-2004, 02:30 PM
Hmm i KNEW somthing smelled like onions! hehehe Congrats Barrie you Chattie Cathie!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mary

beclectic
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey Barrie welcome to the onions. We're smelly but nice and go well with many main dishes. :D

LLane
08-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey Barrie...... just for you kiddo!!!
:D Happy Onion Day!
Lois

beclectic
08-25-2004, 04:14 PM
:wave:
<snip> Let me tell you..... this crown did not make me feel like a princess!!! :D

<snip>
Peace,
Lois > yeah...... right...... 100 bracelets..... giggle giggle

Hi Lois, I meant to tell you earlier I thought your princess remark was really a good one. Thanks, I LOLed. :D

GardensOnGlass
08-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Barrie, congrats on onionhood! I've been busy for a few days & am just now catching up!

TheBlueBetween
08-27-2004, 11:08 AM
Barrie, congrats on onionhood! I've been busy for a few days & am just now catching up!

Yeah congrats Barrie! I turned onion right after Barbara and didn't even notice till I was 50 over. What does that say about me? Absentmindedly chatty. A lot of nothing to say? Yikes!