PDA

View Full Version : Sunflowers in plenty!

Cheena K
08-25-2004, 03:07 AM
Hi!
Painted this y'day...infact painted it in a bad mood...it's still under construction though! I need to work on the leaves and the background and yes, the flowers, infact need to work on everything...I am waiting for my new box of pastels to arrive...till then I will jot down all the comments and critiques and tips and suggestions! I really want to crop this one into two...a crop at the middle so that I have two paintings? Does it make any sense??

Just another of my experiments with pastels :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/34120-sunflowers.jpg

K Taylor-Green
08-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Aw Cheena, I like it the way it is. The only thing I see "off", is the small can. It's shape is a little crooked. Good job!

emmachester
08-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Cheena,

I agree with Kate, I wouldn't cut it in half. I particularly like the luminous quality of your background. With just a few tweaks you'll have a winner.

I think all the regular pastelists are in Santa Fe (except for us)--it feels a little lonely here.

Good work, Cheena.

Sherry

binkie
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
I agree with Kate and Sherry. It would be a shame to crop it. It really is quite nice as it is, with just a little tweaking.

gwen

Cheena K
08-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Thanks gwen, sherry and kate!
Yes, it does look crooked, I'll fix it...well, I won't crop it :) thanks for stopping me from commiting the crime :D

I was wondering where everyone disappeared...so it's Santa Fe...

Kathryn Wilson
08-27-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi Cheena - I am so glad the others have stopped you from cutting this beauty in half - I looks lovely the way it is!

You certainly are taking on bigger and more complicated subjects - you are growing by leaps and bounds.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

DGrau
08-27-2004, 05:46 PM
This is a charming painting. Well done!. I think you would have been very unhappy if you cut it in half, glad you didn't
Best wishes
David

Cheena K
08-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Hi Kyle, Grau! Thanks!!!