PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, August 25th Show & Tell

SPIglass
08-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Well, technically it's already midnight on the East Coast, right? Thought I would sneak in here before I went up to put Aiden to bed and post the only thing I've been able to make this week, a new fish bead. I'm only posting one pic here (Aiden's starting to get antsy), so if you want to see more you'll have to visit her on Ebay. ;) Oh, and her name is "Sweet Charlotte".

Paulette

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/10616-sweetcharlotte1.jpg

Briatha
08-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Paulette "Sweet Charlotte" is stunning! She definately has those Bette Davis eyes :wink2:

kybeadmaker
08-25-2004, 01:46 AM
WOW..that is one cool fish !!!!!!!!
I am still squeezing and pressing beads :)

Juls
08-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Paulette, Sweet Charlotte is precious! Love those big eyes.

Harriet, you are still pressing and they are still beautiful!

:clap: :clap: great start to S&T!

hugs~
~Juls

Josie
08-25-2004, 04:08 AM
I love that fish! She's adorable!!
Harriet, you make me want to squash things. :evil: Those are so happy and cheery!
I've been playing with frit again.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-002F.JPG
Val's yummy raku frit is to die for!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/13004-MVC-007F.JPG

Happy beading!
Tracey

Jacinthe
08-25-2004, 04:50 AM
Paulette - that is one adoreable little fish, I love the softness of the colours of her fins!
Harriet - Happy bouncey beads as always!
Tracey - Those raku beads are YUMMY!

Here is my small harvest from last night.

First, white and blue lentils with striking red spacers:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/20424-25aug1.jpg

Next a red and yellow star, with red lentils and yellow spacers:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/20424-25aug2.jpg

Finally a silvered ivory set with light grass green and light aqua:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/20424-25aug3.jpg

Now lets see more stuff, come on everyone share your pretties!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

Booger
08-25-2004, 06:17 AM
Quick stop by. Wonderful beads here this morning.
Green fire and ice. Bumpy dicro clear.
Have A Great Day!!!
Mr. Booger still sleeping

Jan.C
08-25-2004, 07:32 AM
Great beads everyone, beaut colours.
These beads are from my latest series 'Playing with Fire', very hard to photograph, thanks to Lori Greenberg's tut, helped a lot.
Jan

JoyceMI
08-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Great stuff so far. Gorgeous fish!!

This is a set I tried to finish that I showed the other day, the three beads in the center. ........ I made more but the colors came deeper..... Actually they came like the original test bead I did when I first made those three and I tried to make them lightr by using less foil on those first three.... But the larger set I just couldn't seem to get the colors quite the same, they are a bit deeper, and I think I needed to use a little less foil on them and they were just a tad smaller too, so I think I will keep them separate and maybe try again to get a few more added to the first set of three......... I'll probably end up with a hundred of them! :rolleyes:

Norma623
08-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Joyce - I LOVE your frit beads! I've been playing with the stuff myself - part of the beauty is the variance don't you think? Great color combination!

I took pix yesterday - but don't have anything edited for show yet! Great work everyone!

yeepers
08-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Here are mine for the day :) Love everyone's beads! Harriet I just adore your color boldness :clap:

Jennifer Geldard
08-25-2004, 09:14 AM
Wonderful!
Jan.. I love the first one. I wish I could hold it and see it up close and personal.

Is that the ever elusive Raku Frit?
someday..... ;)

Here's another "dollface" face pendant... this time as a flower as well.
The back reminds me of a turtle a little bit.

Foofaraw
08-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Paulette ~ the colors in that fish are amazing! I keep staring at the eye! Must go to ebay to see all the pics!
Harriet ~ I love those, I haven't played with my tab press enough. And as always I envy you ability to use so many colors!
Tracey ~ that focal is so sophisticatedly fall!
Jacinthe ~ your lentils have gotten so good! I can barely see the red spacers though, maybe try a gray backround?
Booger ~ drool, another fire and ice!
Jan ~ oh the color shifting in that focal, gorgeous!!!
Joyce ~ those are really nice!
Yee ~ those color are really nice together!
Jen ~ what can I say, sigh!!! I have your poster on it's way to me supposed to be here tomorrow (b-day present from my sister) I can't wait to hang it!!!

Here's my latest, ivory covered in beige enamel with a design engraved into it. I just had the need, can garuantee that the need is gone now (3 hours to engrave!) and I hope it never returns!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/19877-texture.jpg

CelestialConcepts
08-25-2004, 10:02 AM
This is going to be quick one for me today- running late as usual...
What a wonderful show and tell so far (love those booger beads especially!)

Here are some bees by choice of my 4 yr old...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/26818-082404buzzA.JPG

-Misty

lvideki
08-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Wow... wonderful beads everyone! Misty....isn't it great when you have your kids pick the beads?? My son used to love to pick the colors I would work with.. and it was always a great combination!

Here are my offerings for the day....

Les

Bazile
08-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Ok, so I am a newbie, one week at the torch, so at the risk of ummmm...well anyway, I am proud of these...
Ivory with red hearts, made on the same mandrel, almost the same size (hey they are going to be on different sides of my head who is measuring?)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/33717-DSC00849.JPG

Trey Cornette
08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Thought I would show a little Moretti today.
Flame On!
Trey

jeffwelsh23462
08-25-2004, 11:14 AM
love everyone's work today.. here's mine! :wink2:

digital_art_lady
08-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Sweet Charlotte on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4921217347&rd=1)

I have to say i am abit nosey so i had to go check out ebay and found it on the link i have added, that is so cute! Kind of reminds me of some vases my Mother left me, of the red vases that when lay on the side looks like a fish.

Thank you for showing "Sweet Charlotte" shes a gem!

Helen x

chroma
08-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Maybe these are good enough to show you all. . .

I've been working with copper leaf - mostly because I'm out of silver! Anyway, these are white with copper leaf. Not a good photo - sorry. The rough stuff on the end of the bead is some copper leaf.

bj

*Naos*
08-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Foofaraw - Oh I hear you!!! I gave up on deremeling my beadies a while back. Some still call for it every once in a while but what a pain! They look FABULOUS though! ~thumbs up~

Jeff - love the snake pendant, especially the ridge running down it - very nice!!

Nothing from me today... :(

Lara
08-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Wowzie guys, what a great show and tell.

Paulette - Charlotte is great, lover her eye and lips.
Harriet - Cool colors, you always put wonderful colors together on great beads.
Josie - great frit beads, I like those lentils.
Jan - those are some of the VERY BEST beads I have seen in a long time, just BEAUTIFUL.
Joyce - Very cool effects on very cool beads.
Trey - Pretty lentils, I really like the 2nd one.

I'm almost intimidated to put up my bead.

Ink blue, Zimmerman 99 frit, silver foil and raised transparent dots, etched.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/10029-INK_99_WEDS.jpg

margaretz
08-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Awesome stuff today, everyone!

This is gonna be a fly-by... started teaching classes yesterday and I'm headed out of town tomorrow for the weekend... so I won't be around for a few days... have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'm off to play with my ladies at "sister campout" in Angeles National Forest (NE of LA)... before I go- here's a few recent pieces: (Have a great day!!!)

littlecrow1
08-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Awesome S&T !! :clap: Booger your flame beads are amazing! :eek:

I did a little Halloween goodies last night..here are afew.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159692&stc=1

creativespirit
08-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Good Day to you all. I have been working on my bicones, and this one is Ivory, frit reduction stringer.

Peace
Wendy :)

mtbarr
08-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Oh my gosh. Really some great art today. Lots of new and creative ideas..
My S & T is just one ol horse...sold already even.

beadsbylaura
08-25-2004, 12:10 PM
Wow everyone! Fantastic work! I love Sarah's red and yellow beads, and Paulette - your fish is fab! :clap:

So many amazing beads . . . . mine look pretty boring now!

This set is etched and I've called it 'Coconut Ice'.

Laura :wave:

wmo
08-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Yowza! What a great show and tell!!!

I sure wish Jan C. and Trey would tell us/me how you made your beautiful beads!

Beth Myers
08-25-2004, 12:19 PM
OKAY,
I couldn't stand it anymore, I want to play.
A couple of mine, again, photo's are from the third level of hell. Too much light I'm thinking because they all look so washed out. ICK! LOng ones are 53 to 55 mm and about 3-5 mm thick.
All Gaffer, some etched.
Grand work today everyone!
Beth

Beth Myers
08-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Awesome stuff today, everyone!

This is gonna be a fly-by... started teaching classes yesterday and I'm headed out of town tomorrow for the weekend... so I won't be around for a few days... have a wonderful weekend everyone! I'm off to play with my ladies at "sister campout" in Angeles National Forest (NE of LA)... before I go- here's a few recent pieces: (Have a great day!!!)

DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL!

FiredDesires
08-25-2004, 12:26 PM
Suzan.....I agree with you......not just about the two artists you mentioned though...... there for awhile everyone was doing so good about the "tell" part, despite grumbling from a few about it, everyone benefitted. Every dang time I see a bead/set that I'm curious as to the colors...it happens to be the one without the "tell" part!!! :mad:

Moth
08-25-2004, 12:42 PM
The show part:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/24464-dichrospiralso.jpg

The tell part:
Black bicone (which is a miracle for me in and of itself), hand-pulled dichro stringer (black cased with green/pink dichro cased with clear pulled down to about 2mm) spiraled around. Melted in just enough to take out the undercuts.

Simplicity and sparkle.

~~Mary

CalmWaterStudio
08-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Paulette... that fish is absolutely adorable. I love the personality!! But, also, I love the play on color you created... wonderful!

Harriet... your beads are sooo pretty.... as usual!!!

Tracey... I especially love that focal... really beautiful work with that frit!

Sarah... I always LOVE your stars! Nobody does 'em like you do!!

Booger.. pretty focals. Your "flames" are always awesome!

Jan... I like your style!! The focals are just wonderful!!

Joyce... pretty, pretty, pretty!! What is your background color? Powder pink???

Yee.. I love that color combination.. very pretty beads!!

Jennifer.. those doll face pendants are just awesome! I hope they sell well for you so you'll continue making them!!!!!!!

Jenn... I love those soft, creamy colors together. Really nice.

Misty.. those little bees are TOO cute!! That's such a nice set for fall!!

Leslie... I think that third bead you did needs a good home...... MINE! I so love that one!! They are all just beautiful!!

Bazzie... you SHOULD be proud of them... they're very pretty!!

Trey.. I love the rich, bold, beautiful colors! SOOO pretty!!!

Jeff.. your work is always so nice. VERY pretty offerings today!

BJ... wow, I love that copper coloring that came out! Beautiful!

Lara... your bead is wonderful... did you coat the dots to keep them unetched? It's really very nice.

Margaret... once again, you show all us how beautiful and colorful beads can be. I really admire your work!

Deb.. I LOVE THOSE BEADS!! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy... that stringer is wonderful. What colors did you use???

Kay.. your horse is lovely... very classic and just beautiful!

Laura... really pretty beads. What transparent color did you use???

Beth... if those pics are from the third layer of hell, I would LOVE to see them "up here!!!" Beautiful.. as always.

Mary.. that's an absolutely stunning bead. Simple and beautiful... I love it.

WONDERFUL stuff today everyone! I'm taking my Mama to a surgeon this afternoon... she has a mass in her breast. This morning I am nervous, and just wanted to look at some pretty beads to take my mind away from the sadness for a little while... THANK YOU. You are all so very talented.

beadsbylaura
08-25-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi Gigi

My thoughts are with you and your mum - hope all goes okay. :)

I used white Moretti and transparent pale pink Moretti on my Coconut Ice beads.

Best wishes and hugs

Laura

jbriz
08-25-2004, 01:37 PM
I had a lump on my breast a couple of years ago and all was well. I'll pray that your mom is a fortunate. My thoughts will be with you....

Beautiful work today folks! Such an inspiration.....and as a newbie, I appreciate the "tell" part.

Nicole Carlson
08-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Wow! Plenty of eye candy today. Here is my offering. Fresh out of the kiln!

Show:

12 Classic Cobalt & White Horned Eye Warring States style beads. These are for a customer who wanted something special to give all her Nieces and Nephews.

The second image is what happens to bead that won’t do what I want. They get to be something else!

Tell:

Moretti Cobalt & White. I start with a White base bead because the cobalt is to dark on its own. Put on a heavy encasing of Cobalt Blue. They build up the stacked dots with stringer. Heat control is the key to getting the cool cone shape necessary to carry off the ‘Horned Eye’ design.

The two ‘Other’ beads are pretty simple. One was flattened into submission. The other got a thick coating of Silver Leaf and a roll in the Gold Pink frit. Cool chromatic aberrations occur.

koregon
08-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Paulette...Sweet Charlotte...is indeed sweet...had to click and bid ya know :D

Jen, I really love these face pendants your doing..so unique and you...and they make one smile...which is a very good thing...love the colors on this one!

Kay...beautiful horse!

long and beautiful beads there Beth....very pretty!

Nicole...that is some very serious detail work there...I love the photo' to! beautiful "warring state beads" ...nice!

here are a couple from me....one ZooziiSuperDiamond...and a set of squeezed....SeaScrolls.....

tigerlil
08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
wow, that's alot of amazing beads!

Gigi--hope all is well with your mom.

Paulette, that's a great fish--hello Charlotte

love the fire & ice by booger--

wonderful bee necklace! I love bees--

Jen, the flower/doll face pendant is :clap: fantastic, I love it! very pretty colors!

that is some gorgeous boro beads, Leslie--love the focal with the gold bits

Margaret--those are very elegant & beautiful beads, I've been playing with a similiar, purposeful encasing seam...if you know what I mean.

I really have to get going--i've already spent too long at the Chinese Auction

oh wait, just saw Kaye's beads---oooohhh--lovely as always. I'm loving the flower ones very much.

Nicole, the blue white dots are expertly placed---what steady hands you must have! very nice work!

Here's my first two silver beads -- finally got some silver to try out. I followed the Shawn T. tutorial for the Organic and the Michael Barley tutorial for the Windows bead. (though not quite followed, since I put the teal drops on top of the silver--oops!)

Shawn T.
08-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Stunning Show and tell!
I can't comment on everybody's beautiful works today, but I will say I am impressed.
This virus has keep me off the torch too long.

Liza,
You did a great job with the organics. :clap: :clap:
I like your version of the window bead.
Congrats!
Shawn

tigerlil
08-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi Shawn,

thank-you very much for your tutorial. I was sitting there at my workbench gripping my silver trying to remember ALL that i've read in the last year on how people were using it to great effect...it was all garbled and twisted in my brain--what a mess!

so I came back here and looked up tutorials and found yours!

Shawn's Organic Tutorial (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196103)

merci beaucoup!

CharleneN
08-25-2004, 05:55 PM
WoW What Gorgeous beads today!! Wow so many take my breath away. The fish and dollface are just out of this world!

I have been practicing encased florals. Sorry the pic is so washed out. The base is black, white petals covered with trans blue encased with vetrofond. My best one so far! Sorry the pic of the bumpy bead is so bad. I have taken so many pics of this bead and I haven't been able to get one that isn't totally washed out! The colors don't help with that either (neither does my 6 year old dig camera!)...base of amber, white dots, med blue trans dots and more amber dots.

Chickebeadz
08-25-2004, 06:41 PM
:clap:

Wonderful show and tell everyone...I am currently working on trying to get my old digital camera to work...with not much luck :crying: Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the inspiration
Heather

gwacie
08-25-2004, 06:55 PM
Wow this is a HUGE S&T thread! These are ALL very lovely and each poster should be quite pleased with him/herself today!

Can't comment on them all but a couple just must mention specifically:
Paulette - I really enjoy what you've been doing with the fishies of late and this beauty is no exception!
Jan C - great irids!
Margaret - #3 bead is complete passion!
Beth M - OMGosh those long lean bicones are to die for (or maybe I just envy all long lean things). I think #2 is my favorite (but #1 is a close second!)
Nicole- I'm always very impressed by anyone who can do anything that complex THAT many times in a row. Repetition is beyond this GADD girl. Nice job!

Cat66
08-25-2004, 07:02 PM
This is "Spanish Olive"... great beads everybody! :clap:

Shawn T.
08-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Charlene,
My dear friend, an amazing job you did. You got a nice encase floral. I know I know I owe you and others some pic posting. I love the amber and whote, transparent blue, dot flower bead. Sned it here and I will take a nice pic of it for you, although you may never get it back. :evil:
Catt, That olive is TDF and such nice silver caps.
Thanks for sharing everybody!
Shawn

CharleneN
08-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Shawn,

Thank you! Rest, take of yourself and feel better quick!

dragonfoot
08-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Beautiful beads & great photos (envy...envy...envy...)
Here are two that just went up on ebay. The halloween beads seem to WANT to have their picture taken......
Check out the adorable mummy that was born!!

Can anyone tell me how to put that ebay link under their name?
Thanks
Leslee of Dragonfoot Designs

Beth Myers
08-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Beautiful beads & great photos (envy...envy...envy...)
Here are two that just went up on ebay. The halloween beads seem to WANT to have their picture taken......
Check out the adorable mummy that was born!!

Can anyone tell me how to put that ebay link under their name?
Thanks
Leslee of Dragonfoot Designs

Les,
Welcome, and I do love Halloween too. I would very much like to see a much bigger photo of that Halloween set.........can you do it?
Those look like the best ghost I've seen in a while.
About your sig line link..........check out this post link for information and how to's.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45109
Beth

isle-of-cats
08-25-2004, 08:04 PM
What a Fabulous S&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rockin Good Show :clap:

amealer
08-25-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm back...not that I ever left! I've been lurking and admiring but haven't posted recently. But, between Shawn's Organic Tutorial, Cindy Jenkins' Beads of Glass and Jim Smirchch's DVD Smirchch Makes Beads! , I'm really pleased with what I see as progress on my bead making.

But, I think every posting I see has some influence on my work, even if I only think about "How did they do that?" or "What do I like about this bead?" There is so much talent and such willingness to share knowledge on this site...its like free lessons every day! Thanks to all who contribute!

Allen

BTW, I finally dragged out my digital camera...these look so much better than the scans, even with bubble-wrap as background!

Beth Myers
08-25-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm back...not that I ever left! I've been lurking and admiring but haven't posted recently. But, between Shawn's Organic Tutorial, Cindy Jenkins' Beads of Glass and Jim Smirchch's DVD Smirchch Makes Beads! , I'm really pleased with what I see as progress on my bead making.

But, I think every posting I see has some influence on my work, even if I only think about "How did they do that?" or "What do I like about this bead?" There is so much talent and such willingness to share knowledge on this site...its like free lessons every day! Thanks to all who contribute!

Allen

BTW, I finally dragged out my digital camera...these look so much better than the scans, even with bubble-wrap as background!

ALLEN~~~NO WAY you've learned this much so fast...........GET OUT!!!!
Young man (that's my Mother voice imitation) you have quite the talent.
Now get back to work....................... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Three clap salute,
Beth

NitroGal78
08-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Lovely beads today! You all are so talented. I get my inspiration from the show and tell everyday. I have been working on raised floral beads for a couple of weeks now. I am trying to get over being shy about posting my bead pictures. Anyway, I just love coral and this pink frit together.
Lisa
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Aug-2004/25526-296ba.jpg

Crowe
08-25-2004, 10:39 PM
I think my beads are getting better! Here are a couple of sets I worked on this week!

You have all inspired me with your beautiful artwork today!

tigerlil
08-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey just coming back for another peak...

Cat66--i'm really liking those olive beads...again great dot placement! & nice caps

Leslee--those are great Halloween beads & I wish we could do something about the picture (?)

Hey Shawn, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Feel better soon...(don't get wasted on the CA!) :wave:

Allen--Hi! You look like you're doing some really nice work. I feel exactly like you do about WC! I've learned so much here. The $70 (2 volume) book set of lampworking hasn't even come close to how much I learn here ALL the time. Your green one looks alot like something that I made a few days ago :p

Lisa--that is a very yummy set. nice work on the raised florals. is that really "coral" or is it "orange"?

Crowe--they all look very nice to me. I really the honey & creme set.

cindy's studio
08-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi all,
BEAUTIFUL BEADS!!! I love the fish and the Halloween and all the bewutiful organics! I am a little embarassed to post mine, they seem so juvenile, but here goes
Sorry no fancy techniques to share....I tried to do a "Halloween" fish and his friends, and my old stand-by Halloween ghosties...my pumpkins look different every year...I'll be able to mark my age as a bead maker in pumpkins!
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Beth Myers
08-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Just wanted to thank you all for the kind compliments on my beads.
You are so generous, and I appreciate the time you take to make the post, and send pms!
I always feel honored to be a part of such talented group.
Beth

NitroGal78
08-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey just coming back for another peak...

Cat66--i'm really liking those olive beads...again great dot placement! & nice caps

Leslee--those are great Halloween beads & I wish we could do something about the picture (?)

Hey Shawn, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Feel better soon...(don't get wasted on the CA!) :wave:

Allen--Hi! You look like you're doing some really nice work. I feel exactly like you do about WC! I've learned so much here. The $70 (2 volume) book set of lampworking hasn't even come close to how much I learn here ALL the time. Your green one looks alot like something that I made a few days ago :p

Lisa--that is a very yummy set. nice work on the raised florals. is that really "coral" or is it "orange"?

Crowe--they all look very nice to me. I really the honey & creme set.

Liz,
Thank you for the compliments! I really appreciate that someone ELSE might like my beads. :clap: I swear that is the mango coral color, maybe the photo is way to dark. I am trying to learn the photo thing too.
Thanks,
Lisa

Sassyglassgal
08-26-2004, 12:52 AM
Well I'm out here on page 4 and there is no possible way my little ol brain at this point can remember everyone's beads, so I will say i am astonished and proud to be a part of this group, this is a hard group to follow, this is a beige, tan and black set I made for myself to go with an outfit I have, finally one for me, woohoo!

Shawn T.
08-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Allen,
Sorry I know I am a day late, but hope you see this.
Wow you did some great bicones! You beads are "looking good".
I am really fond of the green one with the transparent green glass, Great bead, wonderful colors and you know how I love the swrils you are getting. Your digital pic are much better then the scans you were taking.
Call me I have your beads for you.
I hope to see you posting more often, it is so neat to see how fast you are progressing.
Hugs,
Shawn